Please Keep This Thread Alive With Pictures Of Your Hair System

Desperated_Kid

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not necessarily, if you choose a design which respects the limitations of a full cap. I know a few full cap wearers who are very happy with that solution.

Thinks you. what do you mean about "design which respects the limitations of a full cap"?

Desperated_Kid

My Regimen
Reaction score
with normal system i mean a normal stock piece system. not a full cap.
even with dupa you can achieve nice haircuts

What's your experience with this solution? Do you find it stressful? Is there a lot of maintenance?

How do you do with DUPA man? With very long hair at the top? Honestly I can't see. I mean, my hair is so destroyed at the back and sides, there is almost nothing left here

Noah

Reaction score
Thinks you. what do you mean about "design which respects the limitations of a full cap"?

There are some types of hair growth and hairstyles which if is hard to recreate with a hairpiece. The short skin-hugging hair at the temples, the sideburns and the back of the neck are in that category, so very short or highly sculptured styles are out. Full caps work best with fairly long casual unstructured styles.

Desperated_Kid

My Regimen
Reaction score
There are some types of hair growth and hairstyles which if is hard to recreate with a hairpiece. The short skin-hugging hair at the temples, the sideburns and the back of the neck are in that category, so very short or highly sculptured styles are out. Full caps work best with fairly long casual unstructured styles.

Thanks you.

"Full caps work best with fairly long casual unstructured styles"

Cool, this is my fav haircut :)

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is the same UTS from couple weeks ago.

The pictures below are the same UTS system from the first posted (over 6 months old). I only wash it with water and don't use any hair products. I really think it helps extend the longevity of the hair system. The skin base still looks brand new and no color fade and hair shedding.

This is the link from few months ago. https://imgur.com/a/h6SmL7g

?temp_hash=e9b04fc320815769e85ef025cf64ceea.jpg

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...1/?temp_hash=e9b04fc320815769e85ef025cf64ceea

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 304

Diesel guy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The pictures below are the same UTS system from the first posted (over 6 months old). I only wash it with water and don't use any hair products. I really think it helps extend the longevity of the hair system. The skin base still looks brand new and no color fade and hair shedding.

View attachment 133732
https://www.hairlosstalk.com/intera...1/?temp_hash=e9b04fc320815769e85ef025cf64ceea

HN, this looks great. I'm jealous of the hairline.

Now stupid question of the day - and I should know this I think. But what is a UTS system. I see that mentioned all over the place, but I don't know what it means.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
HN, this looks great. I'm jealous of the hairline.

Now stupid question of the day - and I should know this I think. But what is a UTS system. I see that mentioned all over the place, but I don't know what it means.
Ultra thin skin. Usually .03
It's an all polyurethane unit. Available in thicker models as well.

Diesel guy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok. I am using that actually - just didn't know the acronym. My system is a Poly - lace hybrid. Just past my temples, I have poly around the perimeter, and the front and middle is Lace. I get breathability and extra hold. In the summer I use tape on the poly part - and bond on the rest. In winter, I just use bond all around.

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok. I am using that actually - just didn't know the acronym. My system is a Poly - lace hybrid. Just past my temples, I have poly around the perimeter, and the front and middle is Lace. I get breathability and extra hold. In the summer I use tape on the poly part - and bond on the rest. In winter, I just use bond all around.
I think yours maybe different, although I've confirmed with Eric that they can make a .05 thin skin and Lace hybrid .03 is only available as a complete base... it's the thinnest available which gives the best hairline.

Typically the hybrid lace/poly surround is a much thicker surround. Not saying anything is wrong with it... since no one see's the sides.

Lace vs thin skin hairline is Up For Debate, but the .03 is the best as far as skin hairlines are concerned.

I am an extremely critical person and your's sir, looks stellar!
I don't see how you could possibly improve it.... it's a 10/10

Diesel guy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think yours maybe different, although I've confirmed with Eric that they can make a .05 thin skin and Lace hybrid .03 is only available as a complete base... it's the thinnest available which gives the best hairline.

Typically the hybrid lace/poly surround is a much thicker surround. Not saying anything is wrong with it... since no one see's the sides.

Lace vs thin skin hairline is Up For Debate, but the .03 is the best as far as skin hairlines are concerned.

I am an extremely critical person and your's sir, looks stellar!
I don't see how you could possibly improve it.... it's a 10/10

Now I'm curious - I'll have to check it out and see for sure on the thickness.

and Thank you for the compliment.

ChromeyFirefox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looking good! Very straight hairline for your age though? But it does look like your temples are good to support it!

Noah

Reaction score
That looks good DD, the hairline especially. Sometimes I think it is more difficult for guys with jet black hair, because just the very density and solidity of the blackness can come across as unrealistic; but not in your case. I would say you have cracked it. Do you use any of your biohair at the hairline, or is that all the system?

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That looks good DD, the hairline especially. Sometimes I think it is more difficult for guys with jet black hair, because just the very density and solidity of the blackness can come across as unrealistic; but not in your case. I would say you have cracked it. Do you use any of your biohair at the hairline, or is that all the system?

Thanks Noah. It's taken a lot of trial and error to get the UTS to disappear and to make the v-loops look natural. Some of it is luck of course :rolleyes:

I'm still learning (aren't we all!) but I think these things help to get a better hairline:-

1. I use nail scissors to cut excess UTS away at the hairline, as far as possible.
2. I find that a slightly damp UTS base is better when fitting the system. The base shouldn't be wet, but shouldn't be dry (if that makes sense). A dry UTS system is slightly hard/brittle and won't lay down cleanly. I put a bit of water on the underside of the UTS hairline and then let it dry a little, and this softens the UTS. Then I stick it down onto my glued scalp.
3. When fitting the system, I apply a single thin layer of glue (white glue) onto my scalp at the hairline. I smooth and rub the glue onto my skin with my finger several times, so that it actually turns (and looks) dry. This gets rid of most of the shine that UTS can have.
4. When styling the hair, maybe mash some hairs into the hairline to take the focus off it.
5. And here's something for those special days out where people might be focussing on the hairline more. I just tried this once for fun but it worked. When your hair sheds (bio or system hair), save the hairs and keep them in a bag. When you're ready to go out for the day/evening, dab one end of the hairs in glue and stick them anywhere you want on the hairline. Even just a few hairs - say 10 or so - will make your hairline look displaced and more natural. This is a bit extreme but it was an interesting and successful experiment!

Points 2 and 3 are what really helped me to get a better hairline - this only clicked to me 2 weeks ago.

Black hair is a problem because the v-loops on the UTS show too much, similar to how knots might show on lace. So for my next piece I have opted for the first inch in a light brown colour and then I will dye this black/dark-brown, avoiding the very bottom of the hair. I'm hoping this will help hide the loops. I'll update the forum once I have tried this.

Always learning :)

cottonReville

My Regimen
Reaction score

View attachment 133732

Your hairline looks amazing.

Few questions:
1.) What's the density & hair color?
2.) Are your knots bleached? I assume yes, but my poly perimeter piece doesn't have bleached knots, nor does my all skin system (not UTS though) system.
3.) Does your system have a graduated hairline?