Philadelphia hair transplant

SAMPSON

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I want to thank those again who have responded to my Bosley question. This raises a new question for me though. Can anyone recommend the "best" surgeon to use in the Philadelphia area? I would travel if I had to in order to receive optimal results, but it sure would be nice to find someone close to home. Thanks for any input.

eastend

Reaction score
SAMPSON said:
Hi everyone. I want to thank those again who have responded to my Bosley question. This raises a new question for me though. Can anyone recommend the "best" surgeon to use in the Philadelphia area?
I think your best bets in the US are Dr. Feller (NY), Dr. Epstein (FLA), or anyone from Dr. Shapiro's group (check out shapiromedical.com). Dr. Cole, Dr. Cooley, and Dr. Wolf also get plenty of praise. Who you go to depends on the extent of your hairloss and whether you want strip or FUE.

You'll probably have to travel, though. You could drive to NY from Philly, spend a couple of days in a hotel, and drive back after the swelling subsides, for example.

Leirro30

Reaction score
SAMPSON,

Try either Dr. Pistone at http://www.drpistone.com OR
Dr. Katz at http://www.katzhair.com

They're both in the Philadelphia area. Pistone is in Marlton, NJ and has an office in center city Philly (main one is Marlton though). Katz is located in Washington Crossing, PA, in Bucks County.

I've done two free consults with Dr. Pistone, one in August 2004, and one just last week, my six month follow-up. The consults will be with Dr. Pistone's assistant, Ernesto. You'll learn alot and will have a VERY THOROUGH analysis of your hair and your current situation. You WILL NOT be pressured to buy anything or spend any money whatsoever.

By the way, to anyone living in the Philadelphia area, Dr. Pistone sells brand name Merck Propecia the cheapest I've ever seen it. So if you like the real thing, set up a FREE consult and you'll receive 4 month supply (120 tabs) for $165 bucks. Not a shabby deal at all.