Pfizer to buy Allergan

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
How will this affect us?
I think too soon to project... after merging (150 billi. + later), THEY will have a lower tax responsibility.
These days corporate mergers rarely make me feel warm and fuzzy inside, but as rational optimists we keep our wide eyes peeled on the faint silver lining and our ears bent to the ground. :sun:

FWIW

Established Member
Reaction score
VERY BAD IMO, pfizer owns rogaine and allergan owns bimatoprost and also owns kythera-which owns setipiprant ( or atleast they want to trial it). So pfizer may just throw bim and seti in the bin after the acquisition.

Solomon

Established Member
Reaction score
I think that this merger can slow down seti and bim development but Pfizer won't throw them in bin for sure. They know better than anyone that they can't sell rogaine forever and that they need something better

Reaction score
VERY BAD IMO, pfizer owns rogaine and allergan owns bimatoprost and also owns kythera-which owns setipiprant ( or atleast they want to trial it). So pfizer may just throw bim and seti in the bin after the acquisition.

First time hear that Pfizer owns Rogaine. Rogaine is owned by Johnson & Johnson
. A company that is rather focused on big consumer markets and only a pharmaceutical type of company.

FiveMore

Reaction score
First time hear that Pfizer owns Rogaine. Rogaine is owned by Johnson & Johnson
. A company that is rather focused on big consumer markets and only a pharmaceutical type of company.
Pfizer does not own rogaine. They do manufacture it I believe. Merck owns propecia.

Believe me, this is not a bad thing. Pfizer will release SETI even if it is comparable to finasteride, it's all about the fact that they can sell it as a brand name. The same thing happens with all drug classes. If there is any novelty ( in this case seti is different action & likey different side effect) they will release it. Look at all the antidepressants that are released. They are all almost the same, but are able to sell them as a brand and make boat loads more money.

FWIW

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry, you are right. Pfizer actually developed Rogaine, but sold to Johnson after bad sales in 2006.
Anyway I still dont feel positive about the acquisition. Stability is good in this field and when new guys come, you never know what will hapen.

Reaction score
I think that this is a good thing as well. Probably means that what allergan does seems profitable or at least marketable. Or at least some really good scientists must be working there. I hope there will be some product against hair loss from pfizer soon.

shivers20

Established Member
Reaction score
Fox Business News just recently interviewed the CEO of Allergen. The roundtable were discussing the Pfizer/Allergen deal and he mentioned that there were aesthetic treatments in the pipeline. Im hoping he means Seti for hairloss.

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Lets hope he meant hair product and not this new botox thing they're talking about when it comes to aesthetic treatments.

The old ladies can wait for their magic anti wrinkle potion, us men need hair NOW.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Lets hope he meant hair product and not this new botox thing they're talking about when it comes to aesthetic treatments.

The old ladies can wait for their magic anti wrinkle potion, us men need hair NOW.

No, the 893 products that women have for wrinkles aren't enough! Men aren't even allowed to have ONE hair loss product.