Penester

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I found another finasteride medicine called Penester. It's really cheap and one dose is 5 mg. Does anybody know anything about it? It seems to be very similar to Proscar, because they're both meant to cure increased prostates.

beaner

Reaction score
Amarant said:
I found another finasteride medicine called Penester. It's really cheap and one dose is 5 mg. Does anybody know anything about it? It seems to be very similar to Proscar, because they're both meant to cure increased prostates.

It's generic finasteride in a 5mg pill as you've already stated above, that seems to be produced in the Czech republic. I've never heard of it but here's a link from the manufacturer's website.

http://www.zentiva.cz/default.aspx/en/p ... ew&Type=10

bubka

Reaction score
A 5mg does is not the dosage for male pattern baldness, but it will work, that why most people buy proscar and split it into 4ths or 5th to get the same 1mg finasteride dosage as propecia

slickric21

Reaction score
I have been taking Penester for approx 1.5 months now and before that Propecia for 1 month.

The reason I went for Penester is the cost. Whilst on a recent visit to Poland (which conincided with me starting on the expensive propecia) I visited 4 pharmacists and enquired about Propecia.
It turned out to be more expensive £40 per 28 as apposed to £30 in the UK.

However
3 out of 4 of the phamacists offered me Proscar or Penester to split into 4 which they said was the same thing.
They were both 180 Zlotych (£42) for 3 packets of 28 pills (max u can buy at 1 time) - all 3 were happy to offer me this over the counter.
This is therefor 336 days worth of supply for little over £40 (eg 3x28 x 4split pill = 336)

However I then pulled my trump card, my Girlfriends friend works in IT in a Polish doctors surgery, he got me a prescription for 3 packets of Penester. Because it was prescribed the cost was only 60 Zlotych = £14.

So £14 for almost a year supply of Penester.

So far i've noticed increased hairloss and some facial acne and the dreaded reduced sex drive, so i guess its working as those are some of the side effects of Propecia and Proscar.
I hope the hairloss stops and reverses (please GOD help) and that the acne clears up.

One thing i've always wondered is that when splitting pills into 4 such as Proscar and Penester, we are all working on the assumtion that the Finestride is evenly distibuted throughout the pill.

Anyway fingers crossed for me, and all you guys out there I wish you all the best of luck

Leezer

Reaction score
Hi, guys,

I bought 30 pills of Penester today. I used a normal kitchen knife and cut the pills (which were yellow-coated, white from the inside, chalk-like powderish and a little bigger in diameter and overall size than Fincar pills) into 4 pieces. I swallowed one piece and as far as I can tell, there is no difference in taste, compared with Fincar. Maybe Penester is a little bit more bitter.

So, now I am in the same boat as you, so let's hope the pill does a good job.

Leezer