Pattern Alopecia during Hormone anti anger therapy

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
I always believed and still do that estrogen protects a very large number of women from pattern baldness. Once you take the estrogen out like they did with these women, boom, see what happens?
That also explains the great regrowth that trans people on estrogen HRT experience.

Mikazz

Established Member
Reaction score
I always believed and still do that estrogen protects a very large number of women from pattern baldness. Once you take the estrogen out like they did with these women, boom, see what happens?
That also explains the great regrowth that trans people on estrogen HRT experience.

No, estrogen is weak against hair loss. There are other women hormones that provides a better protection against hair loss than estrogen. As we get older, we tend to get more estrogen than testosterone as men and it does not really help us against hair loss.

Swoop

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, estrogen is weak against hair loss. There are other women hormones that provides a better protection against hair loss than estrogen. As we get older, we tend to get more estrogen than testosterone as men and it does not really help us against hair loss.

What other hormone? 17b-estradiol is the primary female sex hormone. As far as I'm informed estrogen levels decrease in men as they get older btw.

Mikazz

Established Member
Reaction score
What other hormone? 17b-estradiol is the primary female sex hormone. As far as I'm informed estrogen levels decrease in men as they get older btw.
Progesterone is one of them. It's actually very related to hair quality in women, even in men. Finasteride can be considered a progestin, a synthetic version of progesterone. Like progesterone, it binds to 5-alpha reductase and it becomes dihydro-finasteride. Progesterone uses the 5-alpha reductase to transform into dihydro-progesterone.

The estrogen/testosterone ratio changes has we age. With the average american diet ( which promotes estrogen ) , men tend to get more estrogen than testosterone has they age. It's not true for everyone, but it happens a lot. Estrogen has been tested in men, and from anecdotal report from a dr I know, Estrogen has more chance to give you gyno than hairs.