Partial front hair piece in the front, temple to temple

A

anon67

Hello,

First of all, thank you so much for everyone's helpful comments and support here, it's obviously very encouraging to have a community around this.

I am interested in diving into a hair system for the first time and would love your advice on how to go about it and specifically what kind of system to look for.

To give you my background, I am young (26), and have been on propecia and Dermmatch as a concealer for about 2 years. I've actually been very happy with the two - especially in the crown area, Dermmatch has been truly wonderfully effective for me in creating a full effect. I have straight black hair that I keep fairly short.

My issue is simply in the front region - what I am looking for is a "partial hair piece" that goes along the front temple to temple, about half an inch thick and would fade in naturally into the rest of the my hair line, the effect being a lowered hairline. I am optimizing for 1. a great visual effect, and 2. minimal maintenance if possible. Cost is actually not an issue as I am actually willing to pay whatever is necessary, because I figure consider this issue one of those "life things" that is worth spending on.

Please let me know if you have any thoughts - thank you so very much for your help.

A

anon67

And here is a picture of me if it helps - it doesn't look that bad, which is testament to Dermmatch's effectiveness, but without it I have quite significant loss (I apply it in the temple region, right underneath my front hairs).

Thank you again,

Hiten

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 1,106

Swopo

Reaction score
Hey anon,

half of an inch is right on the edge.... but it is possible. From your picture I noticed, that you have thin hair in the front. It would be easier if you would shave/buzz the "bad hair". This way the partial piece would blend better with your hair and it would be easier to put on... and because it would be wider, you would get stronger hold with less touch ups neccesary.

You should post a pic without dermmatch...

If money is not a problem, the easiest way is this :

- find a company on the internet(I don't know if i can name companies here, but pm me if you want and I can tell u the most popular ones)
- make a template (or go to a salon and they make it for you)
- get your hair sample (few hairs, so they can match your hair color)
- from the company's website choose your density or send them a close-up picture of your hair parted and they will suggest you and you work something out.
Make an order and send them the template and hair sample

But.. with most companies the price is the same for pieces under 10"×8". And if you have black hair. You would save a lot of money if you order a stock piece with black hair and cut your pieces out. But be careful, because some companies only have stock pieces with french lace, which is more detectable then swiss lace/super fine swiss lace, which is not detectable and you can expose your hairline. I think you should choose swiss lace.

Or you can order a custom piece, a 10" × 8" square and cut out your pieces.

I don't have very much experience, but I have read a lot about that with dark brown and black hair, knots can not be bleached.
Which is also important for undetectability.

So what I would do in your situation would be :

-custom piece 8" × 10" square
-base material : the finest lace, usually it is a variant of swiss lace - super fine swiss lace or something like that
-chose your density
-hair color : light brown or blonde and then you color the hair black yourself, so the knots won't be visible
- curl : natural or straight, see from the company's chart and match your own

I hope somebody else posts their opinion, but it is really a try&miss game untill you settle and find what works best for you.

I wish you luck!

Scottheasman

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey anon,

half of an inch is right on the edge.... but it is possible. From your picture I noticed, that you have thin hair in the front. It would be easier if you would shave/buzz the "bad hair". This way the partial piece would blend better with your hair and it would be easier to put on... and because it would be wider, you would get stronger hold with less touch ups neccesary.

You should post a pic without dermmatch...

If money is not a problem, the easiest way is this :

- find a company on the internet(I don't know if i can name companies here, but pm me if you want and I can tell u the most popular ones)
- make a template (or go to a salon and they make it for you)
- get your hair sample (few hairs, so they can match your hair color)
- from the company's website choose your density or send them a close-up picture of your hair parted and they will suggest you and you work something out.
Make an order and send them the template and hair sample

But.. with most companies the price is the same for pieces under 10"×8". And if you have black hair. You would save a lot of money if you order a stock piece with black hair and cut your pieces out. But be careful, because some companies only have stock pieces with french lace, which is more detectable then swiss lace/super fine swiss lace, which is not detectable and you can expose your hairline. I think you should choose swiss lace.

Or you can order a custom piece, a 10" × 8" square and cut out your pieces.

I don't have very much experience, but I have read a lot about that with dark brown and black hair, knots can not be bleached.
Which is also important for undetectability.

So what I would do in your situation would be :

-custom piece 8" × 10" square
-base material : the finest lace, usually it is a variant of swiss lace - super fine swiss lace or something like that
-chose your density
-hair color : light brown or blonde and then you color the hair black yourself, so the knots won't be visible
- curl : natural or straight, see from the company's chart and match your own

I hope somebody else posts their opinion, but it is really a try&miss game untill you settle and find what works best for you.

I wish you luck!

Hi swopo,

I wonder if you could help me, I'm losing my hair at the front and it's really thin,
I been looking online I have come across a few company's in and around London that do hair pieces I'm only looking to have the front piece not the full head, is there any where online I can get hair and clue shampoo etc from and get my Barber to cut in the hair piece etc.

I'm new to looking in to this so don't no a lot about it, and what's the best Products to go for I would very much appreciate if you could help me.
Many thanks
Scott