overprocessed hair

left_leg

Reaction score
I am a 16 year old female who has litterally dyed my hair to the point that its falling out in clumps. I dyed my long very thick light brown hair black. Then being the idiot I am attempted dying it another color over the black a couple times. Then cut my hair shoulder lenght and bleached it. Then I guess didnt wait long enough to dye it again brown and its been falling out to no end ever since. Its gotten so bad to the point I dont want to take a shower anymore. Its too hard to see the clumps of hair you pull out. My hair is now thinner than its ever been. I am so worried, its all I think about. I keep it in a ponytail and never let it down, I cant see it falling out. Its been about 25 days of this and I thought eventually it would end, but Im scared now it wont. I cant exactly see a doctor about this or get any special treatment for this since its the dye. So I am out of ideas. I went to a salon and I found nioxin for chemically treated hair. Im not sure any of this will help since everything I read about it on here says it has no results. Although most problems aren't about hair dye. I was just wondering If anyone has used this on overprocessed hair, or if anyone knows something that helps reduce the amount of hairloss I am experiencing. If anyone has any sujestions it would be of so much help. Id be so happy. I am on the verge of contemplating shaving my head. since I am female I doubt that would be a good look for me so before that please help!!

Thanks for reading my rant and I know its just hair and it will grow back, but I've never had a problem like this before and could really use some advice from people that know hair loss.

Lisa

asolof

Established Member
Reaction score
I think it is too late to undo the shedding from the current stress. You have to wait for regrowth. Possibly minoxidil would accelerate the regrowth. In the meantime, if necessary, mask the hairloss with Dermmatch or wear a wig. At least your problem is temporary and self-resolving.

ToupMaster

Established Member
Reaction score
left_leg said:
I am a 16 year old female who has litterally dyed my hair to the point that its falling out in clumps.

Thanks for reading my rant and I know its just hair and it will grow back, but I've never had a problem like this before and could really use some advice from people that know hair loss.

Lisa

The hair will return, you've just fryed it, and it is most likely breaking off at the scalp and not FALLING out.... It's a little late now, but you needed some heavy duty conditioners to attempt at rebuilding and moisturising the remaining hair. Play with chemicals and you can get burned.