Oral minoxidil experience

Norwood2.5

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, after topical application minoxidil (still need to adjust sig) just didn't do anything and seems to have made things worse - I suspect bad reaction to propyleneglycol - I decided to use about 1.5-2ml, put it in a glass recipient stored away from light and let it dry to consume it orally the next day, after I remove the propylene glycol which doesn't disappear unlike the alcohol and water due to its high boiling point.

I can definitely tell you that minoxidil is growing hair, unfortunately, so far it is only all body hair, plus my eyebrows which is going towards the unibrow direction, plus hairs on the upper cheek. As to where it actually is hoped to work, on my head, I haven't noticed any change yet so far. Then again, it's been only two months so may be too early to tell yet. Also my hair is getting darker in color. Further oral consumption fortunately does not give me any problems with my heartbeat but does give me bags under my eyes.

So in short: oral application unlike topical definitely gives results, just haven't noticed any yet on the head. :roll:

SE-freak

Reaction score
(In case you weren't joking,)

For how long did you use topical minoxidil and decided it made things worse?

I believe you are making a major mistake, taking a heart drug. If minoxidil were to help you anyway, it would do so topically too. (What can I say? You didn't even bother getting the medicine the proper way- drinking the residue from a topical solution?Come on!)

Dinzy

Established Member
Reaction score
I second SE's sentiment and I doubt the bags are from minoxidil. If you were really concened about the PPG then you would be better off getting PPG free minoxidil.