opinions on this hair transplants surgeon(s)

zak84

Established Member
Reaction score
Dr. Cole - opinions on this guy's company would be appreciates, especially from jg, bruce, or HairLossTalk.com

Grantspots

Established Member
Reaction score
Site looks ok but I really can't comment. If they are in the area, go talk to them in person. See if what the doctor says jives with your thoughts.

If you do go, I/we can help you to formulate good questions that will help you figure out if he's right for you. Good luck.

-jg

Axon

Reaction score
I've heard Hasson and Wong are quite good, but they're in Vancouver, I believe.

TEST SUBJECT#1

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, Hasson and Wong are here and I cant escape their advertising....help me....

G

These guys look pretty honest if you ask me zak. I would do some research on these guys though to be on the safe side.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
While their procedures may be good, their ethical business conduct with us has been less than good. We've found them copying several components of our website to try and increase their page engine ranking and confuse users as to which site is HairlossTalk and which is theirs. We've had unsuccessful interactions with them by email on this issue, and have not been given the courtesy of a reply many times.

At this time we would not suggest them if these types of activities, in your own opinion, reflect the type of work they do. We strongly recommend practices like Dr. Shapiro in Minnesota, Dr. Limmer in Texas, and any doctors found on the Hair Transplant Network recommendation list.

You can see it here: http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com

We take our business interactions with other companies in this industry to be a direct indicator of their overall ethical health, and every single one of the phsycians on that list has been nothing but supportive of us, what we stand for, and what we do.

HairLossTalk.com

zak84

Established Member
Reaction score
thanks guys, HairLossTalk.com do you have a list of questions of questions to ask your surgeon before you have surgery somewhere on the site?

hair mchair

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, don't trust any surgeon who resorts to scum-bag tactics.

Man, the worst thing about the hair transplant industry is that it could hardly even be said to be a valid medical profession - it's just a big business. God bless capitalism!!!

ts808

Reaction score
zak 84,
I think anyone considering a hair transplant should research the subject for a minimum of 6 months before making a decision. There are a lot more bad doctors out there than there are good ones. I know, went to Bosley medical in the early 90's and I 've been trying to fix it ever since. There are 3 other websites that deal with this stuff. Read all of them, ask questions, and find someone whose been to the doctor that you're considering. You can email your pics to doctors all over the continent, then have a phone consultation. And then, the most imporatan step, GO MEET SOME PATIENTS IN PERSON. That's the ONLY way to truly know what you're getting into. Pictures can be deceiving. In some pics, I looked like I had a full head of hair, but that was far from the truth. Lightin and angles can make a huge difference.
I don't know about Hasson & Wong's advertising in Vancouver. When I was there, Dr. Hasson showed me an ad on the phone book. Other than that, it's only word of mouth that I've seen on the internet. Before I made my decision, I flew up to Seattle to meet a few patients and then drove to Vancouver to see the Doctor in person. The patient's results looked great and their scars were pencil line thin. I chose Dr. Hasson to do my repair after 9 months of research. YOu can see my post-op pics on the thread called "Reapir with Dr. Hasson". Here's a link to a pic of one of his patients. This is one of the guys I met when I went up, although I met him before his 2nd procedure. He looked great then, and his density looks even fuller now.

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/mess ... adid=25336

DAND20042000

Reaction score
HEY HAIRLOSSTALK MODERATOR....

Were you referring to Dr. Hasson and Wong for their unprofessionalism?? and if so what exactly did they take from this site.?? Not trying to start something just trying to see who is a legit, honest Dr. and who isn;t...

G

Dear Hairlosstalk

We supplied the information in the website you refer to, but we had nothing to do with the website other than this. the website you refer to was built by Spencer Kobren and he owned the website. In return for our content, we received numerous links to our website. We had nothing else to do with this website. We did refer all your comments regarding this website to Mr. Kobren. This is all we could do.

G

Forhair,

Why did you not disclose that you work directly for Dr. Cole? Don't you think that is proper disclosure especially when you are corresponding with patients? I am not trying to slam you but it is a matter of good and honest ethics is it not? :freaked:

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Re: HEY HAIRLOSSTALK MODERATOR....

DAND20042000 said:
Were you referring to Dr. Hasson and Wong for their unprofessionalism??
No. We have no negative experiences with Hasson and Wong on any level, and have heard of many who recommend their procedures as well.

HairLossTalk.com

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Re: Dear Hairlosstalk

forhair said:
Spencer Kobren and he owned the website. In return for our content, we received numerous links to our website. We had nothing else to do with this website. We did refer all your comments regarding this website to Mr. Kobren. This is all we could do.
This is good to know. Thank you for replying on the issue. I am not surprised Spencer was involved in this. It matches our previous experiences with his choice of business methods.

HairLossTalk.com

Jack_the_Lad

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: HEY HAIRLOSSTALK MODERATOR....

DAND20042000 said:
Were you referring to Dr. Hasson and Wong for their unprofessionalism?? and if so what exactly did they take from this site.?? Not trying to start something just trying to see who is a legit, honest Dr. and who isn;t...

Who and what are you referring to.

It becomes more apparent to me know when dealing with a hair transplant to spend some time reviewing what you need. I'm also considering the possiblity of a hair transplant. Do alot of reading and then get some real world practical knowledge of the surgeons practices. The reason people always say do some research is because a hair transplant isn't something you want to jump into on a whim and probally the next option to consider after rogaine and propecia.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
please read the first page of this thread.