Opinions On The Best Hair Transplant Surgeon In Maryland?

AdamN

Reaction score
Hi guys. Had a consultation with Dr. Vogel just the other day. He recommends 1500 grafts at a price of $8500. Frankly, I know nothing about his reputation or if the price he gave me is a good one. His portfolio looked pretty good, but I know everyone's results can vary. Can anyone with experience getting a hair transplant offer some input? Thanks.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Without knowing your situation how can we say if its a good plan?

Petchsky

Reaction score
Seems pricey to me, not heard of the Doctor though, i'll have a look around and post back if i find anything

AdamN

Reaction score
Hey guys. Sorry I wasn't more specific about my degree of hair loss. I'm new here, so I'll try to be as specific as possible without sounding too confusing. My thinning is most visible towards the center of the top of my head, (spreading outward at the part) back towards the crown. Not "slick bald" just yet. Just a bunch of whispy-type hairs where you can definitely see skin underneath. I'm on Propecia and have seen good improvement in the crown. The hair is definitely thicker and gives me more coverage.

So I suppose Dr. Vogel is talking about just under $6 a graft. The man is a board-certified plastic surgeon and teaches at Hopkins. He has practiced hair transplantation (I believe) for the last 17 years. He isn't the only consultation I plan on getting. I will be doing my homework, no doubt.

Wylie

Reaction score
Dr. Vogel sounds like an excellent doctor, he has also performed some incredible repairs, and that is arguably the most challenging aspect of that profession. You certainly are going with one of the best if you choose him, based on my own research into his work and the few comments I have heard from his patients. If I had more donor available I would be consulting him myself. If the price is similar elsewhere make sure any other doctor you choose has been vetted by the hair transplant community, with Vogel I dont think you can go wrong, personally. I've seen great results and read comments from satisfied customers of his

AdamN

Reaction score
I appreciate the feedback, Mini&Micro. I got a good vibe from Dr. Vogel and his assistant, Mary Johnson. They were very thorough, walking me through what to expect. Unfortunately, finances won't allow me to pay the $8500 up front at this time (might be able to get a loan), but I should be good to go sometime during 2009. I'll keep you all posted.