One Month On Xandrox 15, Devastating Shed...

Megnus

Reaction score
I used 5% minoxidil and got almost all my hair back. . Then I started using Xandrox 15. . That was a terrible mistake. Now my hair is worse than ever.

patrik

Established Member
Reaction score
joshua said:
Megnus said:
I used 5% minoxidil and got almost all my hair back. . Then I started using Xandrox 15. . That was a terrible mistake. Now my hair is worse than ever.
F#cking hell.. really? Not the kind of reassurance I was looking for lol.. For how long have you been using Xandrox? Did you stop using it? What are your plans now?

i never recomend minoxidil to anyone, u risk just loosing hair and it now coming back, my advice? get off it.

timbo

Established Member
Reaction score
Joshua, shedding can be a pain. But in regards to minoxidil, you HAVE to ride it out, otherwise it will be all for not because hairs that were shed won't improve without it

timbo

Established Member
Reaction score
joshua said:
Edit: Timbo, i see you're also using Xandrox. What are your experiences, did you encounter a shed? Are things looking better now?

Yes, Xandrox15 has done wonders for my hair. No, I never experience any "shedding."

Megnus

Reaction score
joshua said:
Megnus said:
F#cking hell.. really? Not the kind of reassurance I was looking for lol.. For how long have you been using Xandrox? Did you stop using it? What are your plans now?

I wen't back to a 5% minoxidil named Recrea Forte (wich is the one I used before Xandrox) and the hairloss stopped after about 3-4 weeks. I have recently started taking finasteride. So I am hoping to get all my hair back with a combination of the two. Looks good so far after 2 months.

Good luck! f*** hairloss :thumbdown2:

ditto

Reaction score
Hi,
I used Xandrox 15 for seven months, NO improvement and lots of shedding, when I increased my dosage I got bad headache, so better watch out but everybody is different.

Regards,
Ditto.

Current Regimen:
Xandrox 5
Propecia
Prox-N
Nizrol.

keephair2010

Reaction score
Hi joshua i joined this website to answer this THREAD.

me and you are in the same boat it will be 2 months using xandrox15plus this may 11th. the shedding is terrible my scalp feels itchy and when i itch it i get like 20 30 hairs falling. It is still bad at one point i thought it decreased but nope i am still shedding which should have really stopped in the first month. So i see you are off it now. I was hoping to finish the bottle which takes 4 months. I have no idea what to do. Feeling like crap.

MrBastard

Experienced Member
Reaction score
For those who applyed xandrox... Did you do it once or twice a day?
Cus you are supposed to do a Xandrox/minoxidil combo if you apply twice daily. Like xandrox morning and minoxidil night, not xandrox morning and night.

FabioM

Established Member
Reaction score
joshua i´m with you on this.

I just started using Polaris labs NR-07 and i´m having the worst shed in my life, my hair is in bad shape at the moment and it hasn´t been one month on this product.

I did used Xandrox 15% for 9 months but it didn´t do anything for me.

Now,if you were shedding on a new product and it stopped when you stoped it´s use maybe it´s time for me to do the same thing and just change for plain minoxidil and that´s it!.

I wonder what more experienced people have to say in regards to this.

FabioM

Established Member
Reaction score
At least for you the change was better.

In my case i´m on a limbo to decide if i should stop Polaris or not. There´s an article on this site about shedding that explains it´s normal to happen at the start of a new treatment and to continue for some months and the conclusion is that the user should wait because the hair that is falling out is the follicle pushing it out to build stronger and thick hair but i don´t know what to do at the moment?

Shave my hair?

FabioM

Established Member
Reaction score
No it´s not me on the avatar,but it´s a good looking bald guy. I bodybuild so i think i will still look good like him , at least i hope so :punk:

Anyway i don´t have itching. I´m using Revita high performance shampoo so it might be helping with it but i never had lots of itching to start with, just a bit.

FabioM

Established Member
Reaction score
Oh btw, what´s even more strange is that today i didn´t apply Polaris in the morning and spent all day with nothing on my hair.

Now when i was going through my hair with my hands to check how things are no hairs fell off. I get hairs mostly when i wake up to apply it in the morning because i have Polaris in my hair from the previous day night application.

Strange that when my hair is dry too little hairs come off b ut then i don´t know if this shedding means the product is working.

Big big dilemma.

FabioM

Established Member
Reaction score
It seems the azelaic acid is used to inhibit DHT but i wonder if it´s allergic to some people.

Anyway yesterday i decided to make an experiment. I still had plain minoxidil 5% with me so i used last evening to see what would happen in the morning.
So this morning when applying it again the same thing happened with Polaris, lots of hairs in my hands.

I think this is really a shed but why if i used two different products and that just the fact that combing my hair would push lots of hairs to my hands?

Unless this is the hair which was protected by Xandrox that i was using for 9 months that is now falling but it´s has been 3 months since i last used it so it´s a bit strange.

Now i don´t know what to do but i will keep using Polaris since i also got hairs in my hands.

WarLord

Established Member
Reaction score
timbo said:
Joshua, shedding can be a pain. But in regards to minoxidil, you HAVE to ride it out, otherwise it will be all for not because hairs that were shed won't improve without it

Based on my experience, I think that this recommendation should be taken with caution. For some people, 15% minoxidil may be too strong and the shedding will never stop. My one year's experiment with 10-15% minoxidil devastated my hairline in temples terribly, and the hair loss even intensified after I quitted it completely. Although I may be too pesimistic, I am afraid that it will be irreversible.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
I re-hash this old thread because someone may still have had the same problem as the OP and I had.

44, two hair transplants, minoxidil 5%, hair looked decent (Norwood 3 maybe) until I thought it could be a good idea to try 15% minoxidil from Xandrox.

I don't know why my scalp reacted like that, but in one month I suffered a terrible shed. half of my hair gone.

I am ashamed of looking at recent pictures of my head. And yes: even if you are 44, people will still comment on the state of your hair, unfortunately.

I went back to the derm who put me immediately back on finasteride, 5% min and topical anti-androgens in the hope that I can recover from that error.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi Roberto, I'm the OP. I wonder if you recovered from your terrible shed on Xandrox? I see that you switched to 5% minoxidil after your big shed, just like I did back then. Btw if you used it last year then it had to be the 'fake' Xandrox that is for sale now, since the original by Dr Lee got pulled off the market in 2011. The 'bootleg version' that is currently on sale reportedly contains (way) less than 15% minoxidil.

In hindsight, even though I experienced a horrendous shed that left me borderline bald, the original Xandrox 15 from Dr Lee actually did work. A few months after stopping Xandrox I regrew the lost hairs and my hair looked so much healthier and darker. This was definitely kickstarted by the Xandrox. There were some more posters with similar stories of huge sheds followed by remarkable regrowth. I'm still on 5% Kirkland minoxidil but am integrating 15% minoxidil back into the mix (Dualgen-15 from MinoxidilMax), hoping to achieve similar results as years ago.

I recovered, yes.
But the initial shed was so strong it took a year :-(

shookwun

Reaction score
Shed means its working.

DAVAT

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Nothing to add unfortuantely apart from best of luck mate, feel for your plight and hope whatever decision you take leads to success.
cheers

mpanju

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey @joshua, how has your experience with MinoxidilMax been? I am assuming that it's not been like Xandrox? I am currently on 05.mg Dutasteride every alternate day but my hairline has been taking a hit of late and so I am considering adding the DualGen-15 and dermarolling weekly with a 1.5mm as per the Dhurat protocol. I am just worried about the minoxidil shed as I am a diffuse thinner and a shed would destroy my hairline as it is. Your thoughts would be appreciated, thanks!

Hi Roberto, I'm the OP. I wonder if you recovered from your terrible shed on Xandrox? I see that you switched to 5% minoxidil after your big shed, just like I did back then. Btw if you used it last year then it had to be the 'fake' Xandrox that is for sale now, since the original by Dr Lee got pulled off the market in 2011. The 'bootleg version' that is currently on sale reportedly contains (way) less than 15% minoxidil.

In hindsight, even though I experienced a horrendous shed that left me borderline bald, the original Xandrox 15 from Dr Lee actually did work. A few months after stopping Xandrox I regrew the lost hairs and my hair looked so much healthier and darker. This was definitely kickstarted by the Xandrox. There were some more posters with similar stories of huge sheds followed by remarkable regrowth. I'm still on 5% Kirkland minoxidil but am integrating 15% minoxidil back into the mix (Dualgen-15 from MinoxidilMax), hoping to achieve similar results as years ago.