okay, whats the conclusion

G

what is your own personal conclusion?

transplants?
hair systems bonded on head?
shave it off?

after reading soo much, i am starting to believe transplants are the best and most permanent answer.

s.a.f

Reaction score
Meds first, maybe a conservative hair transplant when you've got hairloss stabilised.

hairissuesnCA

Reaction score
just got one

I have been wearing for two weeks now. I am pretty happy with the results. Sure, I want some slight modifications done here and there...I have made these corrections with my second piece which I ordered a week ago. However, I feel that for my very first experience in this area, things came out better than I had hoped.

I cannot understress the fact - Make sure that you do not go for too much density with your piece. I have very thick hair on sides and back - greater than 100% density I was told by the stylist, and I ordered 90% density on top and 80% crown and front on my first piece. When I went for the cut-in two weeks ago, I had the stylist thin the piece out all over because it was too thick...especially in the crown area because the hair kept sticking up. The other thing...especially if you are a young guy like most on this forum...make sure you go to a stylist that knows how to cut young, trendy styles. Right now I have the Marv Albert hairstyle going on (parted down the left side), which I do not think suits my features very well and may look wiggy at times just becuase the style looks too perfect. I think you are more apt to look natural when you go for a free-flowing style. Unfortunately, most hair system stylists are practicing on older gentlemen, thus they have the most experience with traditional styles (think you dad in his younger, hairy days).

As far as people noticing...I do think co-workers suspect something is up...but only because my hair looks better and thicker, not the usual run throught the dirt(Toppik), combover look. If I had done this 6 months ago, I pretty sure no one would notice since I would have come into the company as a new-hire.

I do a lot of working out and especially running...working up a good sweat. Right not the front of my lace is starting to gum up...I denifitely need to apply lace release, clean and reapply glue to the front tonight. Should not take more than 15 mins. Other than that I use tape around the sides and back, and honestly I cannot feel a thing when I run my fingers through the hair to the scalp. I can even feel stubble growing in and poking through the lace with makes things feel more natural. I cannot at all feel the unit on my head...

Feel free to ask any questions...keep in mind that I am just learning. So far so good, and I can't wait for my next piece next month, so I can get a better style.

G

thanks for both of your vast wisdom on hairloss and fate....ok, but, saf, you're so cute and good at making it quick, love you...hair guy, are you going to a high end salon, geez, seems like the piece is running out of steam real quick, how do you keep up? we do not have a local salon which will do a cut in.....they won't go there and take the chance. this is getting crazy, and i'm a bit crazy, thank you for the density thing, i agree, too much looks like fake. yet your talking tape, glue, etc? what's up with this all??????????????? i'm lost, he'll be getting his first in about 2 to 3 weeks, going from depressed to upbeat? until it starts going south in how long? whoa! if you read my profile, i think i made one, duh? i'm a female, a looker, yet thinning badly on top of my head. so i understand how this all feels mentally. an instant self-esteem, everything comes back yet you pay and pay and when does it ever end. is it better, since we do not have a local hairdresser that would be willing to cut his piece in, to go just throw $2,400 for maintenance after he already put $1,800 down flat for the entire first visit?????????? please, let me know, i will not go in blindly, they already got they';re money's worth on someone who is desperate.

G

to my last reply..it does not make sense, i think you are casson? anyhow, are you talking topical treatments and the moment ya quit, you are back to sqare one again? one thing in my own game was toppick, what a friggin rip. i sent it back and that was that. junk! so what is your game plan at this time of your life? what did you actually do to keep it or play the $$ game to have hair? c'ome on fess up. if i got you're name wrong excuse me...