Oh sh*t It's Happening, Age 20, Male Pattern Baldness

ohgodmytemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I’ve always known it was only a matter of time before my hairline would start receding. M.P.B is in my dads side of the family. However it’s now reached the point of concern. I’m 20, turning 21 in January. I’ve always had a pretty high hairline, really dense and strong hair, I’ve never shed and literally will find like one hair on my pillow after a good night of sleep. I’ve always had dandruff, genetic that has come and gone within different periods of my life (don’t know if this is related to my M.P.B).

In retrospect, I believe my hairline slowly begun receding during my last year of high school when I was 18, throughout that year I would get box cuts (buzzed with the hairline squared up) my hairline would look normal. However for the past two years i’ve been getting comb overs, I could notice my temples had receded quite a bit but it was never of any concern. Anyway, four weeks ago I went to get another box cut and to my surprise my hairdresser said “I can’t box this up bro, it won’t look good” shocked at this revelation I glanced in the mirror and could really see the extent by which my hairline had receded particularly the temple region.

From viewing that Norwood scale it looks like I sit somewhere at 2.0 my crown is thick and my frontal hairline has receded a bit but nowhere to the extent of my temples. If it’s worth mentioning I’m also on about 50mg of Ritalin or Concerta on days I study. know its debatable whether or not these drugs can accelerate M.P.B, however I do not think this is true in my case as I have never experienced rapid shedding, rather a slow recession.

So I have come here for help, what the hell do I do? Would I have to cease central nervous stimulants with treatment? Do I try the big 3? Dutasteride? dermarolling? what’s the most effective solution in 2017? I am not willing to sit idly by and let M.P.B ruin my hair at age 20. My primary goal is to try and regrow hair on my temples and from what I’ve been reading the earlier you tackle M.P.B the higher your chances off regrowth and secondly to prevent my hairline receding further, if I can achieve both or one of these I’ll consider it a success. Further how would I begin this whole process, as I know next to nothing about the whole ordeal.

I have attached some photos

If these photos are insufficient I am happy to upload more

Attachments

• crown current.jpg
    crown current.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 585
  • Right temple at 18.png
    Right temple at 18.png
    132.9 KB · Views: 603
  • temple, left, current.png
    temple, left, current.png
    553.2 KB · Views: 632
  • top current.jpg
    top current.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 580
  • temple right current.png
    temple right current.png
    498.5 KB · Views: 679

mompo

Established Member
Reaction score
Your hair is perfect for now just go on finasteride and forget about hair loss

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, first step is to go check your situation with a qualified derm, never take this kind of pills by yourself.

Looks like receiding a tiny bit but no agressive hair loss here, it could be your mature hairline but go check it anyway.

And getting hair regrowth on your temples well, i've got bad news for you, this is insanely hard to achieve with current treatments, even if you're a good responder and if you tackle this asap, only solution can be hair translant, but i would not recommend it in your current state.

Bottom line : go see a derm asap

scamit2000

Reaction score
I agree with previous poster, go see a derm first in order to rule out other possiblities since your still young.

Btw, your hair looks great and if it is male pattern baldness, halt it and your good!

ohgodmytemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll see a derm, however in relation to regrowing my temple what's the likeliness? do vellus hairs have to be present on the scalp because I have them where my hair line was?

mompo

Established Member
Reaction score
I personnaly think your temples are great the way they are now... Nothing can really tell you what's the likeliness, just go see a derm, get on treatments if he tells you to do so and pray. Some people managed to regrow their hair but not everybody, it's lottery.

ohgodmytemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m considering buying and applying liquid minoxidil to the temples, should I do this initially? And if indeed it works jump on finesteride?

ohgodmytemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys an update, I have now been on Dutasteride .5 everyday for over 3 months comming to my 4th, Hairline has minutely thickened towards the temple points, hopefully ill have some good cosmetically significant results in another couple of months.

As for sides, no sides, however my libido has increased and my sex drive has gone up which is really strange and something I can only attribute to the increased T?