Not ALL girls care about hair | Page 12 | HairLossTalk Forums
Dismiss Notice
Forum Update: Aug 19. Feedback for the Admin? Upgrade coming: Click Here.

Not ALL girls care about hair

Discussion in 'Men's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by Pavi, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Afro_Vacancy

Afro_Vacancy Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I notice a common thing for women to write on their profiles is:

"I enjoy having fun."
    Also
    "I love laughing."
    "My family is important to me."

2. Swimswiy

Swimswiy Member

Dislikes Received:
    I'm not implying good looking people are less intelligent or kind, im saying there are all different combinations of looks and personality. Bad looking people can be intelligent and kind or unintelligent and unkind, same for good looking people. I can't say whether good looking or bad looking people have more quality of character at all. I'm just saying you cant use pre-conceived opibions to pigeonhole people based on their looks. You also can't be the judge of people's relationships.

That said, I'd obviously rather date an attractive person. Anyone would. But sometimes it doesn't work out that way, and I think its silly to question it.

3. Afro_Vacancy

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I looked it up a while back.

There is a weak positive correlation between intelligence and beauty, I think it was Pearson \rho = + 0.20. In this system, +1.0 means perfect correlation, 0.0 means uncorrelated, and -1.0 means perfect anti-correlation.

Which is not surprising. They can both be helped along by a healthy embryonic environment.

4. Roberto_72

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Here a UK study:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blo.../beautiful-people-really-are-more-intelligent

(based on a statistical sample that one cannot define too small:)

By pure coincidence, the correlation between physical attractiveness and intelligence in NCDS is exactly the same, down to the third decimal point, as the correlation between intelligence and education. Both correlations are .381.
    If you want to estimate someone’s intelligence without giving them an IQ test, you would do just as well to base your estimate on their physical attractiveness as you would to base it on their years of education.

This study is probably a bit terroristic, but can someone find me a study that says the contrary, i.e.: ugly people are more intelligent ON AVERAGE (please save me the Steve Jobs example: I need averages, not samples and champions) and make up for ugliness with their smarts?
    BTW: I'M NOT gonna stop hitting on ladies because I am balding. But please don't anyone dare tell me it's gonna be as easy as some NW0, tall people I know. It would be unfair to my efforts.

5. Afro_Vacancy

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Wow, +0.381, that's quite large actually.

As an experiment, I bet if you share this information with some leftist, politically correct people they will tell you that it can't possibly be correct.

6. jd_uk

jd_uk Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:

In short, the guy is a moron.

7. WhitePolarBear

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Will you ever come up with an argument instead of a cheap personal attack?

Explain to me how I'm wrong. Not everyone has the ability to debate fairly I guess.

8. DoctorHouse

DoctorHouse Senior Member

Dislikes Received:
    Vincent vs Fred, now this is going to be worth a tub of popcorn........................................:whistle: Cue the video of Michael Jackson eating popcorn. Guys, don't let me interrupt. Please continue.

Vincent777 likes this.
  9. WhitePolarBear

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Never tried a hair piece but my father did, and yeah it kind of works for him, I'll admit that.

But that's all that works for him: he has no job (he has turned down jobs where they told him he would have to work in the sun), has given up his hobbies, cannot have sex, cannot go on holiday in the sun, etc. etc.

So yeah, you're right, hair pieces work. Shookwun's testimony showed that too, the only problem is that almost nothing else that's enjoyable will work. Totally a viable solution for someone who, you know, wants to have a life.

10. jd_uk

jd_uk Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    That is your problem. Why the f*ck are you even on a forum 'debating' and arguing a belief you have made literally thousands of times for years right throughout the internet? Do you feel some sort of pride in being well known as the guy who spams internet forums with the same line 'looks are all that matter'? Personally i would feel pretty damn sad about that. I've seen you mocked many times 'fred the pathetic', and i can blatantly see why. No way are you living this incredible life which you state when you spend every day spamming with the same 'debate'.

Edit.. i maintain that i think you have some sort of personality disorder and should be seen about it.

11. WhitePolarBear

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Thank you for your concern.

And again, no argument to be seen in your posts. Just personal attacks.

But this tells me that I have won the debate so thank you.

If you explain to me why I'm wrong and it makes sense, I will admit that I was wrong.

I have in the past, many times.

12. WhitePolarBear

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    And I feel like I've achieved just that, happiness despite having the hair of a 52 year old at 22 year old.

You say all that but, come on, when you're with your friends and each one of them is sporting a youthful thick NW1, it's hard not to become bitter.

My friends see life differently since they've known about my balding, they admit themselves that it's very important to girls for example.

They see that they wouldn't be anywhere with women if they didn't have that youthful hair. Well, I don't have it, and yet I still manage.

But yeah, 6'3, fit, not bad-looking, perfect headshape and dreamy blue eyes. Things could be way worse, I'm doing the best with what I've been given.

13. WhitePolarBear

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I'm living an incredible life, that's what people say.

Both "tragic" incredible and "awesome" incredible.

So it balances out I guess.

14. DoctorHouse

Dislikes Received:
    Vince, nice post. Most people generally fall into the category of "insecurity" on this forum so its going to be the norm to compare yourself to your surroundings. It's "animal instinct" to compete for survival. Unfortunately, our society has "brainwashed" us all into believing the "peacock theory". Every thing comes your way if you are "beautiful". And we believe part of that definition is to have great genetic features all inclusive to hair, facial features, height, physique, huge genitalia for men and huge breasts for women. Who taught us to be like this? Our parents? Not really. The media? Yes!!. So if you don't "measure" up, will you fail in life? No!. However, some people think their life would be so much better if they were genetically perfect. Is that really a guarantee you will?

I know certain men and women that are considered genetically perfect that have severe mental depression. Does that make any sense? How can that be? Simple, as long as you compare yourself to anyone, you risk the consequence of disappointment and it will happen if you don't value your self. You need to value yourself more than anyone one else. And don't ever value yourself based on your looks because that is a variable that will always change throughout your life. You will never be able to control that variable. Happiness is always going to be based on your self worth. And if you have none, you will never be happy. And like I said before, each and every one of you get to define your own definition of happiness on your OWN terms.

WhitePolarBear likes this.
  15. WhitePolarBear

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Comparing yourself to others is not very useful, but it can motivate you to become better if it's achievable.

Now comparing myself to the NW1 out there and wishing to be like them is another story, it's not achievable and it will be damaging.

16. DoctorHouse

Dislikes Received:
    Fred, it IS achievable with a hair system. But it will be damaging to your scalp with all that glue. So its all about compromise but it definitely can be done.

17. DoctorHouse

Dislikes Received:
    Vince, thanks for sharing. Very powerful posting. You have my respect. If we all were in group therapy these are the things that would be expressed. Its amazing when people open up and share stuff like this how we find we are very much alike. I really think a higher power drew us all to this very forum for a reason. And when I read posts like from Vince, I know I am right.