Not ALL girls care about hair | Page 11 | HairLossTalk Forums
Dismiss Notice
Forum Update: Aug 19. Feedback for the Admin? Upgrade coming: Click Here.

Not ALL girls care about hair

Discussion in 'Men's General Hair Loss Discussions' started by Pavi, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Afro_Vacancy

Afro_Vacancy Senior Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Damn, you must look like a stud.

2. M.G

M.G Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I see you can't be budged with.

3. Swimswiy

Swimswiy Member

Dislikes Received:
    In the real world dating websites aren't the decider of how dating works. Most people who date have known each other for weeks, months or years before they get together. To pretend looks are the only thing that matter in non-online dating situations is beyond ridiculous.

4. sexxxy

sexxxy Member

Dislikes Received:
    :punk:

5. WhitePolarBear

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Not true, the more you wait to reveal your romantic interest to a woman, the less chance you'll have of ever f-cking her.

You see, that's how I see you're inexperienced. The dating goes fast, no "knowing each other better" BS, because it's all looks.

And after, after you've made out with the girl and f-cked her, you can both decide if you want to date based on your personalities.

That's how it works. Not the other way around. You're welcome.

6. Swimswiy

Swimswiy Member

Dislikes Received:
    LOL.... good god.... arguing with you is like arguing with a potato. That's how it works? Really? Maybe its how it works for you, but you obviously live in a very "you-centric" world. You can't just state your opinion as fact without evidence to back it up, and just because you can think of a lot of instances to support your opinion you can't disregard all instances that contradict it. Your opinions are absolute and leave no room for opposition, yet I can think of so many cases, in my own experience and those of others, that completely prove you wrong. You seem to think that you have a complete understanding of reality and anything that contradicts it must be wrong, just because you say so, regardless of proof to the contrary. Do you want me to find examples of bald men that women find attractive? It's really quite easy.

My brother and his wife are happily married with 3 children and they didn't begin their relationship with sex. I think most people would consider her more attractive than him as well. Are you prepared to tell me that, beyond a shadow of a doubt, their happiness is all a facade? If you had an ounce of maturity and understanding of how human beings work you'd realize the world is a big place with all different kinds of people that you will never be able to understand. At this point your understanding of basic human behavior is obviously more minuscule than most.

Vincent777 likes this.
  7. Tottenham

Tottenham Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Swim - how old are you? I think the dating scene has changed vastly over the years..

8. Fullhead1day

Fullhead1day Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    Well, I'm not surprised. Fred lives in Belgium, ultimate liberal, ultimate cuckold country, where all its men and women have turned into w****s. "I'm dating 5 girls at once." Yup, Fred is a perfect example of why our society is turning into ****.

9. WhitePolarBear

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I have no choice. It's that or being used by insanely hypergamous women.

10. Swimswiy

Swimswiy Member

Dislikes Received:
  11. Pray The Bald Away

Pray The Bald Away Experienced Member My Regimen

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Really K9? How has Swim been mean in a way that anyone else in this thread hasn't?

12. F2005

F2005 Experienced Member

Dislikes Received:
    It really can work both ways. I've been with girls who I met only once before we started dating and women who I've known for months as well. Never years though. I was cold-approached by a young girl one time in a bar because she said I looked like Peter Steele of Type O Negative, a rocker with a full head of long hair. She clearly would've have approached me if I was a baldie. But then I also started dating a girl that I knew for several months through work. It can work both ways.

But what is really non-negotiable is the "looks" factor. That is really what is most important by far. Things like personality and sense of humor are complementary. Lots of people who say differently are naïve because they've never had their looks altered significantly by something like true baldness (and not just minimal hairline recession, which is nothing). And even so, any self-respecting man takes great pride in the way that they look and would not want to have to resort to winning a woman over with inner qualities because their outer looks are eroded by something like real baldness.

13. Afro_Vacancy

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Dating websites are hardly an obscure exception. They're mainstream.

14. Fullhead1day

Fullhead1day Established Member

Dislikes Received:
    I'm considered an average-looking dude, and I only got 1-2 matches a day when I went on Tinder, in which a lot of them were bots. You balding f*cks must have amazing aesthetics lol

15. Afro_Vacancy

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Fred is right, for a lot of people first base = sex.

16. Roberto_72

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    I think there are different rules for different scenarios for the way timing works in these matters.
    There are infinite possibilities for an adult to meet a person, but I'll gather them into four categories if you agree:

1. The workplace. In the workplace, if you want to hit on someone (which is never a good idea), I don't think you can/should do it as soon as you know the person. The person has to understand you're not the idiot who will tell every other colleague you are shagging her or him. They have to trust a little bit.
    I have seen good looking people hooking up after years of working together and - on the surface - ignoring one another. It does "work at work", but it can be slow.

2. The online dating. Of course you don't want to be friends with anyone you've met online. What would you be on the site/app for? You should make your intentions clear from day zero.

3. The people you meet through friends (including parties). That's sort of in-between the two situations. You want to make sure she/he understands you like them, but you don't him/her to tell your friends you jumped her.

4. Casual encounters at bars/discos: This is an area which I found uncomfortable because it's not very common in Southern Europe as it is in the US and Canada (maybe also UK). In Spain or Italy, there are no bars where people go alone in order to meet someone. You go to discos for that, but not alone: always in parties of 3/4 and group dynamics get in the way. Not interested.

17. Swimswiy

Swimswiy Member

Dislikes Received:
    They're definitely mainstream and I don't think they should be discounted, but if you weighed them against dating that doesnt have an online component I think the latter is much more significant. Plus dating sites are explicitly for dating, so as soon as you say hello to someone there your interest is implied. Heck, I've went on plenty of online dates. I'm just saying that looks is much more important with online dating because looks are really all you have to go on at that point. If you have a friendly relationship with someone before you start dating then naturally personality would be much more important than initial attraction. It seems like we're only taking initial attraction into account here. There are couples that have been together for many years who dont match looks-wise. It's beyond stupid to say the attractive person is 100% for sure hating their relationship based purely on looks.

At the end of the day looks isnt nearly as important as personality. Sure, looking good will get you more dates, but a year into the relationship, if that person's personality is crap, you wont stay with them. Looks can help you get your foot in the door but no woman will stay with a man because he has nice hair, a nice body and a handsome face. I can say this is true first hand because I dated a girl that was way out of my league and her horrible attitude drove me to break up with her. Another girl I went on a few dates with, again, beautiful, and really sweet too, but it just didnt click. I pray you guys arent so desperate and emotionally shallow that you are willing to date someone ONLY because they look good.

18. Roberto_72

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    Swimswiy, no one here is an idiot I hope. No one would date anyone else _only_ because they look good. The point is that you put it as if anyone who looks good has fewer chances of being intelligent than someone who looks bad.
    1. It is not like that. Good looking people are as intelligent and caring as bad looking people. If anything, they might even be more socially intelligent because they received more maternal stimuli for - you guessed it - being symmetrically built.
    2. Since good looking people are on average as intelligent and likeable as bad looking people, the advantage they have when they get to know someone new cannot be recuperated by bad looking people when said good looking people have "secured" a good relationship.

BTW: I have known people who had master's degrees in literature and social sciences tell to my face they could not date someone who did not turn them on with their looks. They were not young or crazy. I may have been unlucky.

19. mitch1211

Dislikes Received:
    My Regimen:
    My Regimen
    My Regimen
    You stupid ****, you aren't even noticeably balding to 99% of the population. You're like NW1. Now, become a NW4 and ask the girl the same question, see how she responds :)

20. keep

keep Member

Dislikes Received:
    So who's the one deluded here Fred? You are deducting points for ****. Who cares? Better to not post anymore. Good luck with your 6 girls. :)