Noriko & Rene of Paris...

FunkyMonkey

Reaction score
Hi! I was wondering if any of you ladies have ever used either Noriko or Rene of Paris wigs. If so, what did you think of them? Were they comfortable and natural-looking? Thanks for any info.

CrystalRocket

Reaction score
Hi! Yes I have use Rene of Paris wigs for the past 10-12 years. (I have had alopecia universalis for the past 20 years and I'm 28 yrs old now.) I love them. The reasons I have continued to purchase them is because they last and they also have alot of hair on them. I find that many wigs look wonderfull right out of the box and for a short time they look great. Then they start to wear out. The hair starts to thin out as you brush it and the ends start to split. The Rene of Paris styles that I have bought are very thick and full. When you first take them out of the box they are almost too perfect and healthy looking. You need to work with them a little to get them to look natural. The big payoff is that they last longer once they are trained. (by trained I mean that the wig has had time to fall out of the too perfect curves and waves that natural hair would never have) The idea of having a wig look natural is that it looks good without looking too good or "perfect" so that someone could spot it as impossible to be real hair. Even with a great wig you need to make it look real and that means it needs to have some imperfection. What I do is wash the wig when I get it, let it dry, and then have it trimmed by a trusted hairstylest. After they cut it I take it home and work with it a little till I'm satisfied. I usually use a blowdryer set on low heat and a round brush. In a few days it will have set to how I like it to part.(I wear mona lisa with a skin part and I have it cut to an above shoulder "bob") As the wig is worn everyday and I brush it everyday more hair is pulled out by brushing, Rene of Paris wigs start out thick with lots of hair so that they don't get thin quickly. I also find that the hair can take alot more abuse than other brands. I find that a little more work in the beginning gives me better results in the long run and I don't have to spend as much money on as many wigs. The reason that i was looking at this forum was to see if anyone knew if there was a brand that was similar to rene of paris of noriko because i wanted to find another brand that would be just as good as them. I want to try some different styles and colors but everytime I go to do a different brand I am dissappointed. I hope this helped you.

mariejoe

Established Member
Reaction score
CrystalRocket said:
Hi! Yes I have use Rene of Paris wigs for the past 10-12 years. ... I love them. The reasons I have continued to purchase them is because they last and they also have alot of hair on them.

CrystalRocket,

How long can a good wig be expected to last?
Would it be better to have two, and alternate them?
Does your scalp sweat being covered like that?

Wigs are something I am beginning to rsearch. Any info for the uninformed would be welcome. :hairy:

ToupMaster

Established Member
Reaction score
CrystalRocket said:
Hi! Yes I have use Rene of Paris wigs for the past 10-12 years. The reason that i was looking at this forum was to see if anyone knew if there was a brand that was similar to rene of paris of noriko because i wanted to find another brand that would be just as good as them. I want to try some different styles and colors but everytime I go to do a different brand I am dissappointed.

If your happy with these brands why switch? Both companys make a great variety of styles in a wide assortment of colors. Get their catalog and color ring and experiment. Your much better off when you learn to work within the same company's line rather than constantly jumping into the unknown.