No 1 should wear a rug - period (nt)

RecedingBoy

Established Member
Reaction score
whats wrong with a rug?

i think farrelll's hairl ooks good, and i'm seriously considering it now!

skullet

Reaction score
Rugs Suck period!

I used to have one (I still had hair, was starting to thin, so I thought I'd try one).

After 6 months I realized it was NOT for me! They are a pain. Every month you need it readjusted as your natural hair grows, plus eventually someone will find out you have a TOUP and it will be really embarassing for you!! I was lucky, I got rid of mine before anyone led on, I just shaved my head (well buzzed to like a cm all over) and no one said anything, in fact my buzzed 'do looked way better.

I went on Propecia shortly after, and now have a decent head of hair that I can live with. BUT, even if i was really bald under my rug, I would just buzz it down, its not worth the upkeep!

My best friend has a rug, and everyone knows now (not from me, other a$$holes on the hockey team) and I get sad for him when he cant go water skiing or even snowboarding or swimming because of it.

My point? If you are active dont get one, pain in the a$$ they are!!

skullcap

Reaction score
Hairpieces aren't for everyone. But for many, including me, they work great. I used to do the 'permanant attachment thing', but quickly got past that and simply use tape. And don't be fooled. I've played in a rough men's basketball league, gone swimming in the ocean, etc. and I've NEVER had a problem with it. and it looks great. A lot of that depends on the style, however. If you have a style that's relatively flat, especially with a part, you can usually spot it a mile away.
Other more casual styles, with curls and waves, loosely brushed back, are almost impossible to detect - IF the product is a good one.

wiseman

Reaction score
no need for pics man, watch lord of thr rings. every one was where wigs(except for the chiks) and at first i couldt tell at all, till of course someone tould me(i was an idiot who didnt know anything bout movies when it came out).
But also, from watching other. if your open about it, people can think its actually kool. dont get me wrong on this, if you shave you head, and where a wig. dont feel embarassed, just take it off when ever your goin places you cant use it. people will understand.

i dont know about you, but if i met a girl who wore a wig, and i knew about it. i wouldnt care. would you?

skullet

Reaction score
wiseman said:
i dont know about you, but if i met a girl who wore a wig, and i knew about it. i wouldnt care. would you?

I'd care man! I knew a girl at university who wore wigs (not sure why). But she was a bit of a sl*t as well, and one night someone shot a load in her hair, and the next day she wore a different one (diff color too!) to class!! Frig, that's creepy! :freaked2:

Rugs are the worst option -- I'd shave my dome before being thrown into that ridicule -- there's a huge negative stigma with rugs in society, don't ever let anyone brainwash you otherwise!!

My 2 cents, again.

skullcap

Reaction score
I always find it amusing when people trash hair pieces. It almost always means they have never worn - or never seen - a good looking piece. There are some hair styles that are going to appear obvious with a piece, and there are others that defy being picked out of a crowd. I had a friend once who had a horrendous 'comb over'. He liked my piece, but was afraid to give it a go because of the 'stigmas attached to it. One morning in my Sunday School class he brought a friend and he told him that one of the men in this class was wearing a hair piece. Could he pick him out. There were 7 other guys there with hair. One by one, he chose 4 other guys and never picked me out. He finally stopped guessing.
But I'm not here to champion hair pieces. I need to grow hair around the back and sides - where it's thinning greatly. If it continues, I may not be able to continue with my hair piece. Has anyone used Rogaine in that area? the label says it's not made for that, but I wanted to give it a go. How would you apply it to a place that already has hair but is thinning?

Bismarck

Reaction score
I'm very concerned about my hairloss. But I would prefer being totally bald than putting such a small animal on my head. Sorry, just my opinion.

BIS

Basketballhead

Established Member
Reaction score
It seem a lot of people bash hair pieces but for good reason. They're expensive, temporary, time consuming, and rarely look natural. I've never understood why people would go for a hair piece over a hair transplant. I'm sure the hair transplant is a much better value in the long run.

ndxb

Reaction score
skullcap said:
I always find it amusing when people trash hair pieces. It almost always means they have never worn - or never seen - a good looking piece. There are some hair styles that are going to appear obvious with a piece, and there are others that defy being picked out of a crowd. I had a friend once who had a horrendous 'comb over'. He liked my piece, but was afraid to give it a go because of the 'stigmas attached to it. One morning in my Sunday School class he brought a friend and he told him that one of the men in this class was wearing a hair piece. Could he pick him out. There were 7 other guys there with hair. One by one, he chose 4 other guys and never picked me out. He finally stopped guessing.
But I'm not here to champion hair pieces. I need to grow hair around the back and sides - where it's thinning greatly. If it continues, I may not be able to continue with my hair piece. Has anyone used Rogaine in that area? the label says it's not made for that, but I wanted to give it a go. How would you apply it to a place that already has hair but is thinning?

Hair pieces are are insecure people. They just plain suck. They are NOT real, you are living a lie, enuff said..

Brain123

Reaction score
Living a lie? That might be but its your choice to be bald or not. Let me tell you that not everyone has it able to be bald because of big scars or whatever so its lame to judge and say that they are fake or losers... If it might be to some intrest to you, Ben Affleck is reported of wearing hair aswell & he banged J.Lo...

Also this guy is wearing a Toplace hairpiece:
http://www.network54.com/Realm/Apparent_Photos/BY14.JPG and if you tell him hes fake I dont think he'll care to much because he can bang 5x as much girls as bald/balding guys...

Brain.

iclimb

Reaction score
http://www.network54.com/Forum/thread?f ... 1110091083

Brain123 said:
Living a lie? That might be but its your choice to be bald or not. Let me tell you that not everyone has it able to be bald because of big scars or whatever so its lame to judge and say that they are fake or losers... If it might be to some intrest to you, Ben Affleck is reported of wearing hair aswell & he banged J.Lo...

Also this guy is wearing a Toplace hairpiece:
http://www.network54.com/Realm/Apparent_Photos/BY14.JPG and if you tell him hes fake I dont think he'll care to much because he can bang 5x as much girls as bald/balding guys...

Brain.

johnyd473

Reaction score
hi michigan baldy,

your system looks excellent mate,just had to say!

John.

ToupMaster

Established Member
Reaction score
Basketballhead said:
It seem a lot of people bash hair pieces but for good reason. They're expensive, temporary, time consuming, and rarely look natural. I've never understood why people would go for a hair piece over a hair transplant. I'm sure the hair transplant is a much better value in the long run.

Yes they can be expensive, both for the unit and the upkeep. Time consuming? a bit more than manipulating your own. Rarely look natural? depends on the style and the one who ordered and cut it in for you. Why do people wear them... because they make you appear younger than without it and some feel more comfortable with this new appearance than their old.
"Everyone may know your wearing one.. but no one knows what you look like without it.