Nizoral

thinning gal

Reaction score
Hi Ladies:

I've noticed many of you use Nizoral shampoo 3 times a week. Isn't that for dandruff? How does this work for hairloss? Does anyone using it see improvement? Would you recommend I start using it (I have Androgenetic Alopecia :( and am thin on top of my head). Are there any side effects?

Thanks!!!!

G

Hi Thinning Gal,

Thanks for registering :D

You are correct that it is used for dandruff. You can buy it at any supermarket, usually at the end of the shampoo aisle, by the Head and Shoulders section. Anyway here is some info on Nizoral:

http://www.heralopecia.com/treatments/a ... opecia.php

And it's usually used about every 3 days. I just started a couple of weeks ago, and I notice that I cannot use it on ALL of my hair, as it will dry it out.

It really helps to maintain a healthy enviroment for your scalp.

What I do is I massage it into my scalp and leave it on for at least 3 minutes. Since my hair is medium-longish, I am also able to put on my regular shampoo on the bulk of my hair. I then rinse both out, and put conditioner on the lower half of my hair, making sure, just like the regular shampoo, that it does not touch my scalp where the Nizoral was.

Hope this helps!

Laura

Anita

Reaction score
Laura, why do you make sure the conditioner doesn't touch the scalp where the Nizoral was?