Nizoral shed???

Weepy

Established Member
Reaction score
I think you will find that many of us dread showers, simply because more hair seems to come out when we shampoo. It's common among us with hair loss. I see that you have not inserted your regimne. Please be sure to insert your treatements and start dates.

skeevy

Reaction score
This has happened to me as well..I also posted another thread about this but no response. I used nizoral a few times some months ago,and saw the crazy amount of hairs on my hand in the shower that time. I stopped using nizoral since then. I thought that maybe for some reason nizoral could be too harsh on my scalp.

jumpedthegun

Established Member
Reaction score
I also notice more hairs in my hand when I shampoo with Nizoral than I do on other days. Also, Nizoral makes my scalp red in places. For these reasons, I only use it 1-2 times/week.

G

I had to stop using it as I experienced a burning sensation, dry hair and increased shedding the day and day after its use.

All these symptoms are known unwanted side effects of Nizoral shampoo.

87david

Established Member
Reaction score
I also posted a similar thread on my experience with Nizoral shedding. I agree with a poster saying that it is probably because of the excessive dryness that Nizoral causes. Lately, I been experiencing a shed like no tomorrow since using Nizoral. My hair even continued to fall out after drying and combing my hair. I haven't experienced that kind of horror since the beginning of my hair loss 6 years ago. However, I say continue to use Nizoral, but just don't use it too often (maybe once or twice a week) and see what happens.

jeffsss

Reaction score
I havent noticed a increase OR decrease in the amount of hairs lost in the shower b/c of the use of nizoral.

I still dont fully understand why people use this product in conjunction with DHT inhibitors.

87david

Established Member
Reaction score
It's because of the anti-inflammatory qualities of it http://www.hairlosstalk.com/newsletter/article253.htm However, the scalp dryness that it causes seems to negate its positive aspects. Of course, there are many more positive comments affirming its positive aspects than negative, so there must be some validity to it being incorporated into the "big 3."

Nevertheless, my scalp is so dry after using it that when I move my scalp, like when you try and crinkle your forehead, it really burns. Like a light sunburn. On a side note, I get this "burning" when I shower daily using Dial soap. This sensation is because of your skin being excessively dry.