Nizoral Shampoo plus Tea Tree conditioner...perfect combo

Cassin

Reaction score
You're supposed to use a nice conditioner after Nizoral since it is so harsh on your scalp and hair...

And since Tea Tree oil is so good for both skin and hair I gave this a go...

Works perfect..makes my hair look and feel nice.

I have tried so many Nizoral and conditioner combo's and I am sticking with this one.

I used American Crew Tea Tree oil conditioner but I am sure any quality Tree Tree oil conditioner would be just as good.

american_crew_tea_tree_conditioner.jpg

treadstone

Established Member
Reaction score
Is the conditioner mainly for a cosmetic/feel good aspect? I used to use the T/Gel conditioner but I generally don't find Nizoral or T/Gel really drying on my hair so I stopped using conditioner altogether.

Cassin

Reaction score
treadstone said:
Is the conditioner mainly for a cosmetic/feel good aspect? I used to use the T/Gel conditioner but I generally don't find Nizoral or T/Gel really drying on my hair so I stopped using conditioner altogether.

Here is some definitions and the top two in bold are the best reasons in my opinion.

HAIR CONDITIONERS

What is a " Hair Conditioner"?
The term " hair conditioner" is vague. Hair conditioners fall into different groups according to what you want to accomplish with your hair. People with thin hair need a specific kind of "conditioner", people with thick, dry hair need another...
Conditioners fall into six major categories:

Moisturizers
Reconstructors
Acidifiers
Detanglers

Glossers
Oils (E.F.A.'s- essential fatty acids)

Moisturizers
Are concentrated with humectants. Humectants are compounds that attract and hold moisture into the hair. They may not necessarily contain botanicals or protein (they often do).

Reconstructors
Normally contain protein. Hydrolyzed human hair keratin protein is the best source, because it contains all 19 amino acids found in the hair. Human hair keratin protein has a low molecular weight. This enables the it to penetrate the hair shaft (the cortex). The main purpose of a reconstructor is to strengthen the hair.

Acidifiers
The key word here is "acid". Yes, is is good to put acid on your hair. When a product carries a pH of 2.5 to 3.5 it is normally termed an acidifier. This pH will close (compact) the cuticle layer of the hair. The result is shiny, bouncy hair. This pH range will adjust the beta bonds to alpha bonds (hydrogen bonds). Acidifiers do not weigh the hair. They do create shine, and add elasticity. This category is great for people with fine textured hair.

Detanglers
Most detanglers are acidifiers (see above). Most have low pH's 2.5 to 3.5. They close the cuticle of the hair which cause tangles. Some "shield" the hair shaft with polymers (polymers are strings of "like" molecules- a chain). Some detanglers are instant, some take 1-5 minutes to work.

Glossers
For the most part glossers are cosmetic. Most Glossers contain dimethicone or cyclomethicone ( very light oils derived from silicone). Used in small amounts they reflect light. Also, they are one of the best products to control the "frizzies."

Oils (E.F.A.'s)
If you have dry hair (esp. if you have chemicals on your hair color-perm-relaxer} you need to add oil to your hair. The scalp produces a natural oil called sebum. EFA's are the closest thing to natural sebum (sebum contain EFA'S). EFA's can take very dry and porous hair and transform it into soft pliable hair.

http://www.salonweb.com/pro/conditioner.htm

Reaction score
for all the uk people!! i had a look on ebay and placed an order arrived next day, i'll find the seller and post it up here!! excellent stuff....thanks cassin :tongue:

Cassin

Reaction score
1878 said:
for all the uk people!! i had a look on ebay and placed an order arrived next day, i'll find the seller and post it up here!! excellent stuff....thanks cassin :tongue:

smells good doesn't it?

I put a bit in my hair...put my head under the facet to thin it out so I don't have to use so much...and deeply massage it in.

Reaction score
Cassin said:
1878 said:

smells good doesn't it?

I put a bit in my hair...put my head under the facet to thin it out so I don't have to use so much...and deeply massage it in.
i must say that the smell is delicious...really nice smell, i could smell it driving along to work!!

thanks for the recomendation cassin! its good stuff :)

Jack23-

Established Member
Reaction score
But, like, dudes.. this ebay store doesn't sell the conditioner on its own? :dunno:

Oh gawd.. i'm turning into a hairloss treatment freak :freaked2:

Cassin

Reaction score
treadstone said:
Was about to buy one as well until I saw this thread with talk of side effects:

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=45944

Jeez! Now I don't know what to think... :dunno:

Somehow I think using it once a week after nizoral will be ok.

"Tonivoen.................................
Whats important about my original post is the fact that both tea tree and lavender were shown able to dually stimulate the estrogen receptor (great) and block the androgen receptor (also great) in experiments---so both are potentially very effective against male pattern baldness if we can use them in such a way as to avoid systemic absorbtion. But the good news is that both are available without a prescription and lavender in particular is very cheap."

novo17

Reaction score
Quick question since we are on the subject of shampoos/conditioners.. I am going to start the three prong regimen for the 1st time (proscar,rogaine, and nizoral) here in a few weeks. From what i understand, you are only supposed to use nizoral shampoo 2-3 times per week. So on the other 4 days a week do you not shampoo your hair at all, or do u use other regular shampoos. if the answer is the latter, any suggestions for a "regular" shampoo? Thanks!

Withnail

Established Member
Reaction score
You can get the American Crew conditioner from loads of UK based websites, ones I like are www.americancrewshop.com and www.mankind.co.uk, i've ordered from both and always had superfast delivery, usually 2 to 3 days.

Haven't tried the conditioner yet, but I do like the Tea Trea shampoo, it's like a cool blue gel consistency, seems good for a regular shampoo.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Withnail said:
You can get the American Crew conditioner from loads of UK based websites, ones I like are http://www.americancrewshop.com and http://www.mankind.co.uk, i've ordered from both and always had superfast delivery, usually 2 to 3 days.

Haven't tried the conditioner yet, but I do like the Tea Trea shampoo, it's like a cool blue gel consistency, seems good for a regular shampoo.

The mankind website is good for UK peeps. Use to buy copper peptides from there.