Nizoral definite cosmetic effect

hairschmair

Established Member
Reaction score
I hadn't really paid attention to it before, but Nizoral sure does seem to have an immediate cosmetic effect. My hair looks like a helmet when I dry it off after a shower using Nizoral, as opposed to a regular shampoo.

I wonder if this is part of the reason people like it so much. Perhaps the cosmetic effect subconsciously enhances the the belief that it works well for hair loss.

Well, no complaints either way.

Hairport

Reaction score
Yeah, I have accepted the fact that on the days I use Nizoral, my hair is going to be dried out and not as manageable.

hairschmair

Established Member
Reaction score
Just dry your hair with a towel and put some gel in there.

For me, Nizoral seems to make all the hairs 'thicker' after I use it.

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I've noticed that too. If you look in the ingredients you'll find animal collagen. I think that's the culprit.

hairschmair

Established Member
Reaction score
just had a shower now... I think you are right about the collagen. It leaves this really sticky substance in your hair. It's really hard to run your fingers through your hair it's so sticky!

Tony Baggadonuts

Reaction score
"For me, Nizoral seems to make all the hairs 'thicker' after I use it."

Ditto.

Tony B

Greg1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
fallicule said:
I actually think Nizoral makes my hair look like sh*t.

fallicule, I'm curious why you seem to be getting discouraged in your battle? Again, just curious.

md2002

Established Member
Reaction score
nizoral makes my hair look like black hay, it's all dried out and crappy..... I think the stuff sucks and causes TONS of shedding. I'm sticking with it though, becasue people say it works.

Petchsky

Reaction score
Using a conditioner afterwards works for me.