nickopop

Reaction score
To start off, im only 20 this year and i'm already suffering from male pattern baldness . i didnt notice anything at first but frequent barber visits didnt turn out good. i couldnt get the style i wanted because of my hair. 2 to 3 yrs back i can always cut the way i wanted but not now. i couldnt pull off the spike look anymore. well i guess because im shedding a lot daily and the density isnt there and i feel my forehead is getting bigger. My barber did point out that my temple regions didnt have enough hair so yeah. i freaked out a lil but i just brushed it off thinking that it's okay. But came one day i was walking under the sun and my neighbour pointed out directly that im balding from the hairline. well i knew i was really ****ed.
So, i started researching tons online and go through forums for hours per day just to find for a solution. came here and the only thing that gives me hope is zeroheat's thread. i went to my derm and they confirmed it's male pattern baldness. so 5 months later, i took action which i hope it's not too late.

my current routine which im sticking is taking proscar everyday. i havent quite add minoxidil into my routine as im lacking dollar. im still a student and i'm paying for my tuition fees. so im trying to get a part time job soon so i could buy minoxidil.

Routine:
proscar 1.25 mg daily (for a week already)

updates and pics soon.

TD500

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Good luck

If your looking for a cheaper alternative to brand name rogaine look for kirkland minoxidil on amazon its like $25 + shipping (or free shipping) for a 6 month supply.

djwilli3

Reaction score
minoxidil

ya the amazon is 25 dollars with free shipping all day. Reviews are almost as good as rogaine.

nickopop

Reaction score
Update: 2 weeks on proscar

i can see vellus hairs popping out from my temple with just proscar alone. hope this is a good sign. i didnt take pictures because it freaks me out. if it progresses well i will certainly post pics. hopefully with the combination of minoxidil soon i will be able to achieve incredible regrowth.

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Update: 2 weeks on proscar

i can see vellus hairs popping out from my temple with just proscar alone. hope this is a good sign. i didnt take pictures because it freaks me out. if it progresses well i will certainly post pics. hopefully with the combination of minoxidil soon i will be able to achieve incredible regrowth.
Good luck buddy I hope me and you get great results...today is my first week on finasteride, let's see where this takes us!

nickopop

Reaction score
Good luck buddy I hope me and you get great results...today is my first week on finasteride, let's see where this takes us!

hey there. yes hope it's all good. you should consider minoxidil application. take a look at zeroheat's thread. amazing results!

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hey there. yes hope it's all good. you should consider minoxidil application. take a look at zeroheat's thread. amazing results!
Yea I've been on mino 5% for exactly one month now but I feel like I'm going through that initial shed because when I apply it to my crown I can see some hairs on my hand

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wait. Give Proscar 6 months -1 year first. You may not need minoxidil at all. It's difficult to say without pictures, but If I was you, I wouldn't use minoxidil, it may not be necessary and if you do start now, you'll never know if your results are due to minoxidil or finasteride.

Minoxidil takes months to start working, 2 weeks is not enough time. You will not regrow even vellus hair in 2 weeks.

nickopop

Reaction score
Wait. Give Proscar 6 months -1 year first. You may not need minoxidil at all. It's difficult to say without pictures, but If I was you, I wouldn't use minoxidil, it may not be necessary and if you do start now, you'll never know if your results are due to minoxidil or finasteride.

Minoxidil takes months to start working, 2 weeks is not enough time. You will not regrow even vellus hair in 2 weeks.

results vary from one person to another. i can certainly feel sharp pointy ends when i run my fingers but barely noticeable.

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I wonder if people use toppik or some type of concealer for a few months until they gain results from finasteride? Was thinking about going this route just don't wanna get addicted to the concealer since its fake

nickopop

Reaction score
I wonder if people use toppik or some type of concealer for a few months until they gain results from finasteride? Was thinking about going this route just don't wanna get addicted to the concealer since its fake

i believe some would. i saw few threads that they are using them where their scalp is visible. if im not wrong you've been visiting peapoddy's thread? that dude didnt just rely on finasteride or minoxidil. he had hair transplant which is why his regrowth is superb lol. and he didnt mention it am i right? check this out. http://www.hairlossexperiences.com/view_topic.php?id=3323&forum_id=3&page=2

- - - Updated - - -

Good luck and look forward to your pics soon.

hey there. will get back with pics here in 2 months time ! see u bruv.

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Idk how I feel about toppik lol Ya Peabody results made me really hopeful he has a similar story to mine guess all his results weren't from finasteride and mino alone .. One month on mino and ten days on finasteride ...I'm experiencing a shed gotta keep pushing

nickopop

Reaction score
Idk how I feel about toppik lol Ya Peabody results made me really hopeful he has a similar story to mine guess all his results weren't from finasteride and mino alone .. One month on mino and ten days on finasteride ...I'm experiencing a shed gotta keep pushing

i guess you're just paranoid and it makes the situation worse. you should start on finasteride first then minoxidil imo. finasteride stops the hair from falling out and minoxidil helps with regrowth. i do feel i shed a lot when im on finasteride but the rate i guess is the same as when im not. but i feel my hair feels stronger and less soft when i run my fingers through them.

nickopop

Reaction score
here's an update :
almost coming to a month. been shedding a lot. it seems stagnant. about to start minoxidil.

big_head

Established Member
Reaction score

This is one of the reasons I am only on minoxidil at the moment. I have been on just minoxidil for 5.5 months now with no improvement (actually seems worse). I'm giving it one more month of daily use before I stop and jump on finasteride. I want to jump on finasteride now, but I am worried if finasteride works really well, I won't know if some of it was minoxidil or not, so I am going to ride out just minoxidil for a little while longer and then ditch it.

japitones24

Reaction score
Question About Age

What medication is best for someone who is 19 to start using for hair loss. And by best I mean safest for my age. Is that even a thing?

Roox

Reaction score
You should take a picture of your hair to see if you get improvements.

nickopop

Reaction score
What medication is best for someone who is 19 to start using for hair loss. And by best I mean safest for my age. Is that even a thing?
i'm sorry but that's not my area. i've tried health supplements which are not dangerous but it doesnt help me. i guess i need to spend a fortune too if i were to rely on them solely to see results. how bad is ur hairloss?

- - - Updated - - -

You should take a picture of your hair to see if you get improvements.
give me 2 months :)

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

This is one of the reasons I am only on minoxidil at the moment. I have been on just minoxidil for 5.5 months now with no improvement (actually seems worse). I'm giving it one more month of daily use before I stop and jump on finasteride. I want to jump on finasteride now, but I am worried if finasteride works really well, I won't know if some of it was minoxidil or not, so I am going to ride out just minoxidil for a little while longer and then ditch it.
if it works, i believe it could be combination of both but that's not 100% accurate. finasteride is crucial because it suppresses dht that attacks ur follicles and miniaturises them. minoxidil helps with the regrowth but finasteride also helps with regrowth especially on ur crown area.

youngguyhairloss

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been on finasteride for close to a month and then shedding to but it seems like it's subsiding now hair looks about the same as baseline though , but I've also been on mino for a month and two weeks so idk what's making me she'd probably mino