Next hair cut...

jeffsss

Reaction score
Will be a # 2 or # 1.. I've had enough of diffuse thinning..

It'll take a while to get used to.. but I can't live my life worrying about hair..

and all these meds are only delaying the inevitable. :cry:

kosmo

Established Member
Reaction score
im almost at that point too. i have diffuse thinning, temple recession, and after looking at recent pictures im developing a bald spot. i've spent a year trying treatments and worrying about hairloss constantly. it has really affected my life and i've isolated myself because of it.

i shaved my head about 6 months ago on #3. i didnt really like it because with my diffuse thinning it showed a lot of scalp. so i've kept my hair really long since then. but now even with long hair its really hard to hide. so im thinking about shaving it again.

i would probably start with #2 and then see how it looks. you can always go shorter if you want to.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
jeffsss said:
and all these meds are only delaying the inevitable.

These meds are treating the "inevitable." In which case, I'm assuming that 10 years down the line, given all the wonderful treatments that are being pursued-- HM, Hair cloning, Stem Cell Research, pharmaceuticals, new surgeries, etc-- that being on these treatments is the best thing you can do. I don't see it as, with this wording, or diction, as "delaying the inevitable."

jimjohn

Established Member
Reaction score
why do hair loss treatments only delay the inevitable. i thought propecia completely stops hair loss in 80 % of ppl? so doesnt that mean if u start using propecia and/or minoxidil, theres a good chance u wont go bald? just wondering.

cook'n'milkies

Established Member
Reaction score
jimjohn said:
why do hair loss treatments only delay the inevitable. i thought propecia completely stops hair loss in 80 % of ppl? so doesnt that mean if u start using propecia and/or minoxidil, theres a good chance u wont go bald? just wondering.

They lose efficacy over time.