[newbie ask] finasteride

wasd

Reaction score
dear sir, i am kinda new here and i was wondering,

1.according to medical safety how long can i use fenisterade? coz i'm young (20 yo) and i just can't imagine using it everyday till i'm 40, won't it ruined my kidney :(

2.i haven't seen a doctor, should i start taking the big 3 (minoxidil,finasteride,nizoral) or should i see a doctor first?what kinda doctor should i see?dermatologist?

3.can i swap finasteride with saw palmetto? i heard that they both are deal with DHT equally.

4.how many time do i should wash my hair?if i do it to often wouldn't worsen the hairloss?

thanx alot b4, sorry for my english..

phish

Established Member
Reaction score
wasd said:
dear sir, i am kinda new here and i was wondering,

1.according to medical safety how long can i use fenisterade? coz i'm young (20 yo) and i just can't imagine using it everyday till i'm 40, won't it ruined my kidney :(

2.i haven't seen a doctor, should i start taking the big 3 (minoxidil,finasteride,nizoral) or should i see a doctor first?what kinda doctor should i see?dermatologist?

3.can i swap finasteride with saw palmetto? i heard that they both are deal with DHT equally.

4.how many time do i should wash my hair?if i do it to often wouldn't worsen the hairloss?

thanx alot b4, sorry for my english..

1. there has not been any serious side affect from finasteride, and its been around long time, theres some that been on proscar for 15 years and still going strong.
2. ive come to the fact you can learn a lot more about hairloss on this site from bryan or any knowledgeable poster. doctors tend to have an old school aproach to hairloss and arent current.
3. if you value your hair in your 20s get on finasteride asap. saw palmetto will not do anything.
4. wash your hair 10000 times a day will not matter has no effect on hairloss.

it depenends on your hairloss if you only started loseing id start with finasteride and nizoral. that should be a strong enuff combo for someone that has not lost alot of hair. if you have lost a lot then id use those 2 plus rogaine foam. those should all you need right now for a while. but its always better to just start with finasteride if thats all u need then be on rogaine if you dont need it yet.

lastly buy a pill cutter from any drug store and cut your finasteride into quaters will cost you 78 bucks plus shipping. heres where i recommend you get your finasteride http://www.inhousepharmacy.com/hair-loss/fincar.html

good luck and remember take pictures every 3 months or so b4 you come to the conclusion your hair isn't getting better with treatments. it could take finasteride up to a year b4 you see any gains. so don't get discouraged.

wasd

Reaction score
whew..thanx, thats alot of info, guess i'm starting on the wrong side, coz i'm using minoxidil first without finasteride :lost:

guess i'm gonna start taking finasteride, but first i'm gonna see a doctor (this doctor is known for having the same approach as HairLossTalk.com, he usually suggest the big three) coz the idea of taking drugs without doctor presciption is kinda wrong....

thanx guys, any other suggestion will be most welcome.

btw, two more question...
1.a friend of mine tells me that we can't have finasteride if we have prostat cancer..is it true?should i check myself for prostate cancer first?
2.if we stop taking finasteride then it'll started to shed again rite?
3.i read alot here about shedding period, finasteride have the same effects to?
4.can i take diffrent brand other than propecia and proscar? (but i'm thinking of taking proscar)

thanx a bunch, i'll stick around and inform my progress...

ps i think im posting on the wrong place, it should be on general man hairloss, sorry admin.