New topical drug for male pattern baldnes by dr christiano

Renee1

Reaction score
New topical drug for male pattern baldnes by dr christiano

"Columbia University has filed patent applications relating to the discoveries reported in this paper, which are being commercialized through Vixen Pharmaceuticals, Inc., of which Dr. Christiano is a founder," the university said in a statement.

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health...dy-too-n450256

- - - Updated - - -

Video of dr christiano

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2015-10/cumc-bei102015.php

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You should read more carefully. The article says "baldness (alopecia areata)", not "male pattern baldness". JAK inhibitors aren't exactly news, their efficacy has been shown for other forms of baldness (alopecia areata), but not for Androgenetic Alopecia/male pattern baldness so far. Doesn't mean that they won't work at all, but as of now we simply don't know if (and don't think that) JAK inhibitors are going to help with male pattern baldness.

Fbalding84

Established Member
Reaction score
Unless she is trying to hope up her story. The dr stated that actives hairs to grow as soon as 3 days. This ends to be the same for Androgenetic Alopecia stuck in this mode. Not an exact quote but hey I think it might work.

My hair loss has been like an allergic reaction and I have Androgenetic Alopecia. Many of us have itching, red bump etc. why can't it be an auto-immune related at least for some of not all

Renee1

Reaction score
You should read more carefully. The article says "baldness (alopecia areata)", not "male pattern baldness". JAK inhibitors aren't exactly news, their efficacy has been shown for other forms of baldness (alopecia areata), but not for Androgenetic Alopecia/male pattern baldness so far. Doesn't mean that they won't work at all, but as of now we simply don't know if (and don't think that) JAK inhibitors are going to help with male pattern baldness.

Looks like you should read more carefully.

Fbalding84

Established Member
Reaction score
Lol we All know some folks on the payroll by either pharma or hair transplant industry. They will never admit it will even when it will get approved eventually. Nothing according to them besides propecia and a good old stripscar works LMAO

whatevr

My Regimen
Reaction score
God the comments:

How about just looking normal for your age and fitting in? Dumbass fullheads.

It takes someone who has never experienced baldness in his late teens (or at all) to post bull**** like that. Pay them no mind Fred, their opinions hold no weight.

Prada1

Established Member
Reaction score
Ive been on a JAK inhibitor, for health reasons, for a year now. It has done nothing for my male pattern baldness. Ive been on the big 3 for almost a decade and it has done much more. Coincidentally for the last 4-5 months Ive been shedding/losing hair more then ever.

orkun

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
jak

Ive been on a JAK inhibitor, for health reasons, for a year now. It has done nothing for my male pattern baldness. Ive been on the big 3 for almost a decade and it has done much more. Coincidentally for the last 4-5 months Ive been shedding/losing hair more then ever.

Jak use if it did not work ?The drug name ?
Tofacitinib?
ruxolitinib?

Last edited:

orkun

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
jak

I don't believe his claim

who do not believe the claims ?

Dr. ChristianoYou do not believeWhy lie to say ?

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
God the comments:

How about just looking normal for your age and fitting in? Dumbass fullheads.

Yes, because the billions and billions of dollars going into cancer are NOT ENOUGH and the piddly amount of funds that go into alopecia is way too much it deserves... which is almost NOTHING.

That right there, is one hell of an example of entitlement!

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
@Renee1: Indeed, I did not read carefully. Sorry. We had a flood of JAK inhibitor threads one year ago when the status still was that they don't help, but some people didn't understand the difference between AA and Androgenetic Alopecia. Seems to have changed, so you're right.

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
"All that glitters is not gold."

seeing excessive use of hair perms makes me cautious. Besides, Dr. Christiano has always said she started his research on hair because she had problems himself
I wish her the best of luck

fadedsun

Reaction score
Theres this guy whos putting on a cream version he made from crushed pills himself. So far no results. I was really hoping this was the cure for that perifollicular inflammation which I think is a key role in male pattern baldness

kennyl370

My Regimen
Reaction score
Theres this guy whos putting on a cream version he made from crushed pills himself. So far no results. I was really hoping this was the cure for that perifollicular inflammation which I think is a key role in male pattern baldness

Why don't you link us to his thread?

I for one would like to know which drug he is using, which vehicle, how long he has applied it for, and pictures for proof.

Too many people make BS claims on this thread without linking or posting pictures. Hard to tell what is truth and who are trolls.