New here

TheMightyOne

Reaction score
Hi all,

New to the forum and decided to intorduce myself. I'm 28 and started experiencing hair loss about 5 years ago, was a huge blow to my personal ego but ive managed to get through it. Tried various products until Nioxin somewhat slowed it down but 3 generations of bald people in my family tell me that the gains will be short lived

Anyhow, just wanted to do a little intro and look forward to learning more about hair loss on this forum

Cheers

Thentent57

Reaction score
year ago I suffered very much from hair loss too and I started trying everything you can imagine to stop my hair loss.
the things that really worked for me was:

1) Vitamin A - an anti-oxidant which promotes healthy production of sebum in the scalp;

2) Vitamin E stimulates circulation. Good blood circulation in the scalp is important in keeping hair follicles productive. The 'B' vitamins contribute to melanin, which gives hair its healthy color and also stimulates blood circulation;

3) massage is also beneficial. Massage stimulates circulation. As already noted, good circulation in the scalp keeps hair follicles active. Experts suggest a few minutes of daily head massage by hand. Circulation through massage may be improved by using a few drops of lavender or bay essential oil in an almond or sesame oil base with massage;

4) Try rubbing your scalp with garlic juice, Onion Juice or Ginger Juice(you can either of one out of three, Do not mix any of two or three);

5) also I used herbal treatment - TrichoZed
It is a good product that helps prevent hair loss and it is an FDA approved product. I think it is very important!

It worked and still works for me!

sameerjain

Reaction score
I am 17 and experiencing thinning of hair for 10 days. It was very thick earlier but now it's getting thinner probably due to my bad styling habits. I am currently undergoing puberty.
I also have been using coconut oil for my hair for 3 days.
Please help

null4e

Reaction score
Take a deep breath, you're only 17 years old, experiencing almost invisible changes for the past 10 days is nothing to worry about. There are people who have been suffering from hair loss for more than a decade...
However, if you're really still in puberty, it is really normal to experience some changes in the way your hair looks, the type of your skin (oily, dry, mixed), etc. Don't panic.

labellavita1985

Established Member
Reaction score
TheMightyOne,

May I ask what Nioxin products you were on? It is my understanding that Nioxin does absolutely nothing to stimulate growth or prevent further loss (unless of course you are using their product containing minoxidil,) it simply cultivates a healthy environment for hair to grow by cleansing the scalp, and gives the appearance of more hair by coating individual hair with a type of protein. This is great, but presumably, pretty much useless for anyone suffering from Androgenetic Alopecia (androgenetic alopecia - male pattern/female pattern hair loss,) which is a very aggressive condition that effectively has no known cure.

I'm sorry I'm not trying to be negative, it just kills me when I see people on forums who suspect/know they have Androgenetic Alopecia (androgenetic alopecia) and they hear/read that x will help, and spend time/money implementing x and it most likely does absolutely nothing. Time is so precious with Androgenetic Alopecia, it is the one thing people with Androgenetic Alopecia don't have.

If you're sure that you have Androgenetic Alopecia (a scalp biopsy should be able to give you some answers,) and you care about keeping your hair, this is what I would do; start using Rogaine 5% immediately, get a prescription for Spironolactone or Finestaride or both, and use Nizoral medicated shampoo. It is wise, in my opinion, to also incorporate things like laser therapy/stemoxydine/copper peptides to this regimen. A low androgen index birth control pill may also help. This kitchen sink approach should at the very least stop further loss, and may even regrow some of your hair back (depending on how long you've been losing it.)

Roman_94

Reaction score
Where can I post my hair loss problem? I need help, still don't know what is wrong with my hair and why it is falling out including my eyebrows. Seems like I'm lossing my body hair as well. when I pull gently on my body hair I get 2-3 hairs falling out. I get a oily scalp about and day or two after I shower. Can someone point me in the right direction? Or did anyone experience the same thing i am going through. I will greatly appreciate any help.
thank you