New breakthrough! But umm who are "they"

resu

Reaction score
Don't get excited, it's what we already know and it's decades away.

2bald2young

Experienced Member
Reaction score
With this research rate there ain't gonna be a cure for still a long time.

resu

Reaction score
It sounds like what Aderans was doing and the problems that they faced like hair color, angle and all the other issues. I'm tired of these bait click articles on baldness.

2bald2young

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It is really a shame to be honest if there was just more research done there would be a cure, because if they can clone animals and go to the moon for example they surely can clone a hair follicle.

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It is laughable.
With at least 6 months of actual proper effort and research, we'd have the cure for Baldness. No question.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I love how the dude brought up the fact that this could be great for women who can't get hair due to limits with hair transplants. We all know people don't give a SH*T about men's health, so if this is targeted for women, you know it's going to get attention.

bushbush

Established Member
Reaction score
It is really a shame to be honest if there was just more research done there would be a cure, because if they can clone animals and go to the moon for example they surely can clone a hair follicle.
Apples and oranges. What do animal cloning and space travel have to do with cloning a hair follicle?

It is laughable.
With at least 6 months of actual proper effort and research, we'd have the cure for Baldness. No question.
Define proper effort and research. If you have ideas on how to improve the scientific method and on the direction of current research, why don't you get involved and enlighten other workers in the field?

Python

Established Member
Reaction score
Another online story with the word Cure in on the headline. Makes me so sick, they wouldn't be teasing ANY other disease like this.

dreamermerlin

Established Member
Reaction score
It is laughable.

Oh, that is pure naivety, my friend...

- - - Updated - - -

It sounds like what Aderans was doing and the problems that they faced like hair color, angle and all the other issues. I'm tired of these bait click articles on baldness.
Color and angle wouldn't be that great problem.
From what i've heard from someone very good in hair loss field, who attends all congresses and reads all studies, they have serious problems with hair cycles. I mean, they could multiply a follicle, put it on the scalp, it grew fine through first cycle(anagen), then shed, and...they waited but it simply didn't return to anagen again, it got dormant like all other follciles affected by male pattern baldness...

SayifDoit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
A good analysis of the research into the cure of baldness:
stock-photo-exhausted-scientist-sleeping-on-book-at-vintage-technological-laboratory-80809972.jpg

badgenome

Reaction score
I have no doubt they're working really hard to find a cure..... a cure that you'll have to use over and over and over and keep making them money.

2bald2young

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Apples and oranges. What do animal cloning and space travel have to do with cloning a hair follicle?

It is about the picture, we humans invent things to clone sheeps and to send people to space so they can surely find a way to regrow hair that is what i meant.

abcdefg

Reaction score
It is about the picture, we humans invent things to clone sheeps and to send people to space so they can surely find a way to regrow hair that is what i meant.

Each task though your mentioning is completely unique in its difficulty. Growing new hair is basically growing a new organ which is much harder than even cloning a sheep. Cloning a sheep can be done very early on and even then I think it takes many failed attempts before even getting one good clone. All this medicine biology stuff its very unpredictable and complicated it doesnt follow many of the rules other branches of science do.
I think like many others, that stem cells will ultimately cure male pattern baldness by growing unlimited hair. I just think realistically that is 20+ years away.

dreamermerlin

Established Member
Reaction score
dreammerlin, can you expand more about the problem with cycles?
TIA

That's what the guy told me, cloned hair only grew the first cycle, then "shut down".

- - - Updated - - -

I think the main problem with hair loss is that actually too little scientist works to solve it!

Putting the best 100 scientist, 10 universities and big companies to work together on hair loss research i think in about 2 years we will have a lot more informations and knowledge about male pattern baldness and how to solve it.

Naivety again.

dreamermerlin

Established Member
Reaction score
In this case the cloned hair was defective.....
who was this guy?

He's a hair transplant doctor who attends almost all worldwide congresses about hair loss.
According to him, hair multiplication is far far away, if it will ever work at all.

- - - Updated - - -

No, the fact they cloned sheeps doesn't imply that for sure they can find a way to regrow hair, EVER!
I assume the biggest difficulties are :
-that the hair follicle is such a microscopic "organ", yet so complex
-that the hair grows so slow , so every experiment has to be quite long( a complete hair cycle takes years).
As we have seen they have already find 101 ways to turn a bald mouse in a completely furry one, so they should stop making "research" on mice and focusing to experimenting on real human scalps instead.
Add that follcile sensitivity to androgens is genetically programmed, and you have a very hard problem to solve.

Yes, at first sight we can say "wtf, why can't they regrow a damn hair"? But, suppose you lost your arm, can medicine regrow it? No. Why should regrowing a hair follicle be easier than regrowing a lost arm, or any other part of your body?