Need help!

G

At the moment I am at my University, having a little break between two lectures. What should I say? I should concentrate on the upcoming exams, but today I have only thing in mind: My hair.

In the morning I tried a different hairstyle. The result was devastating. Under normal light my whole scalp in a Norwood 4a area is visible. Truly shocking. I just thought that it couldn´t get any worse and now that... :shock: :shock:

I started to hate myself and my hair when I saw the result. So I didn´t change it and went to University with the bad hairstyle revealing my thinning just to punish myself as a sort of self torture.

The whole day is gone, I can´t study for today.

Itsonlyinmyhead

Established Member
Reaction score
I started to hate myself and my hair when I saw the result. So I didn´t change it and went to University with the bad hairstyle revealing my thinning just to punish myself as a sort of self torture.

wtf???

Dude if its bothering you that much just buzz your hair down

Bald Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
Tauge, I know how your feeling man! You wanna look your best but you can't because of your thinning! Just hang in there man and think of the positives in your life! You like working out don't you? If you've got a good body then that is something the ladies could go for! Looking at your pics you ain't ugly and your not thinning in a bad way so I wouldn't worry about it too much!

ginald

Established Member
Reaction score
Taugenichts said:
At the moment I am at my University, having a little break between two lectures. What should I say? I should concentrate on the upcoming exams, but today I have only thing in mind: My hair.

In the morning I tried a different hairstyle. The result was devastating. Under normal light my whole scalp in a Norwood 4a area is visible. Truly shocking. I just thought that it couldn´t get any worse and now that... :shock: :shock:

taug:

you remind me of the story of king canute....he stood on the beach and demanded the incoming tide, go out.

some things in life are inevitable...like death and growing old and in your case and my case and everybody on this site, going bald.

you can't stop it ....in the end it overtakes you no matter how hard you deny it or resist it.

carry on a fruitless resistance or accept??......

incidentally, taug, everyone on here is in the same position as yourself, it's just that you press the panic button a little earlier than most....but they will all in the end face the same decision.

FabioM

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Ginald, viewing your regimen i agree with you. I think if we just put down all the medicine out there aside then someone will try to make a cure for baldness and not laying off the laurels won selling all the anti-hairloss medicines.

When i shaved my hair 2 weeks ago, i felt free but it was just for a few days because then when the hair on the sides was growing faster then on top i realized that i´m screwed. Alot of people told me i was going bald (no sh*t!), and i´m starting to get "beaten" by other people about my hairloss...you know, the odd hints people give at baldies.

I sometimes watch a series on a portuguese channel about people of around 18-25, and i watch such great hair from guys of my age that i can´t believe this is happening to me!
What have i done to deserve this?
Why i ain´t able to go for rasta hair? That hair is so exotic and amazing!

Some years ago i had alot of girls checking me out, girls telling me i was very cute, but now i´ve lost all hope. I´m still 24 and i wont be able to pull the women of my dreams...if i pull her, her friends will ask her what is she doing with a bald guy when there´s plenty of great looking guys out there?!

Just a question for you Ginald, for how long did you take propecia and all this shity medicine?

How was life when you started to go bald and in what point are you now in terms of social life, love and professional?

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
ginald said:
Taugenichts said:

d
taug:

you remind me of the story of king canute....he stood on the beach and demanded the incoming tide, go out.

some things in life are inevitable...like death and growing old and in your case and my case and everybody on this site, going bald.

you can't stop it ....in the end it overtakes you no matter how hard you deny it or resist it.

carry on a fruitless resistance or accept??......

incidentally, taug, everyone on here is in the same position as yourself, it's just that you press the panic button a little earlier than most....but they will all in the end face the same decision.

quitter...

ginald

Established Member
Reaction score
FabioM said:
Hey Ginald, viewing your regimen i agree with you. I think if we just put down all the medicine out there aside then someone will try to make a cure for baldness and not laying off the laurels won selling all the anti-hairloss medicines.

When i shaved my hair 2 weeks ago, i felt free but it was just for a few days because then when the hair on the sides was growing faster then on top i realized that i´m screwed. Alot of people told me i was going bald (no $#iT!), and i´m starting to get "beaten" by other people about my hairloss...you know, the odd hints people give at baldies.

I sometimes watch a series on a portuguese channel about people of around 18-25, and i watch such great hair from guys of my age that i can´t believe this is happening to me!
What have i done to deserve this?
Why i ain´t able to go for rasta hair? That hair is so exotic and amazing!

Some years ago i had alot of girls checking me out, girls telling me i was very cute, but now i´ve lost all hope. I´m still 24 and i wont be able to pull the women of my dreams...if i pull her, her friends will ask her what is she doing with a bald guy when there´s plenty of great looking guys out there?!

Just a question for you Ginald, for how long did you take propecia and all this shity medicine?

How was life when you started to go bald and in what point are you now in terms of social life, love and professional?

fabio....i've been bald for years...minoxidil was the only stuff around then....but very expensive, no guarantees, fake substitutes and side effects....so pretty much like the current regimens then.

some things never change.....the hair replacement industry has more charlatans and quacks and fraudsters than anything found in wall street or city of london.....they're out to make a quick buck and there's only too many desperate baldies willing to help them.

as regards life after baldness.....well i'm still here and so are millions of others....its s**t at the time but you just get on with things...what else can you do?

FabioM

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, what else can we do?

But are you happy, are you married?

Sorry for asking you alot of personal questions but i just wanted a testimonial :)

ginald

Established Member
Reaction score
FabioM said:
Yeah, what else can we do?

But are you happy, are you married?

Sorry for asking you alot of personal questions but i just wanted a testimonial :)

happy? married?....do those two words belong together in the same sentence?

no, i am not married as i dont see the point of it but that's just a personal thing.

never been short on the women front....plenty of women find me attractive, i guess.

the problem with me is i think they're not going to find me attractive BECAUSE i'm bald....but the evidence for that is just not there...as i say i've always had a female in hoc and before you ask...no, they are not dogs.

so you see...no need to be gloomy....we baldies are our own worst enemy....its only us who think we're completely unattractive to the opposite sex.....the fact is, our thinking is WARPED.

losing your hair is not a death sentence!!!!

Pondle

Reaction score
Losing your hair isn't a death sentence, so you're right to keep things in perspective. However, given the choice between balding and not balding, I know which one I'd take. Given that Propecia works for >80% of men, at least in the limited sense of preserving your remaining hair, you have a fairly good chance of delaying the "inevitable" until better treatments come along. Pfizer has two new drugs in trials, Intercytex has a hair regeneration technology in Phase II, and Androscience has a topical preparation in its product pipeline. Nil desperandum.

G

Pondle said:
Losing your hair isn't a death sentence, so you're right to keep things in perspective. However, given the choice between balding and not balding, I know which one I'd take. Given that Propecia works for >80% of men, at least in the limited sense of preserving your remaining hair, you have a fairly good chance of delaying the "inevitable" until better treatments come along. Pfizer has two new drugs in trials, Intercytex has a hair regeneration technology in Phase II, and Androscience has a topical preparation in its product pipeline. Nil desperandum.

Yeah I'm trying to adjust to balding and keep things in perspective WHILE using the treatments and hoping for regrowth. Everybody has seen me with the buzz cut now and no one has puked yet so I guess my head shape is not quite that awful. I'm starting to believe that balding isn't a death sentence after all.