Need help about to start Proceia

jarrod2006

Reaction score
Hi,
my hair has been thinning pretty badly on frontal part of my head and on the temples it has only gotten worse over the last 2 to 3 months. I'am about to start using propecia and was wondering if I should also use rogaine?
thankyou

cook'n'milkies

Established Member
Reaction score
well, it depends how much you want to regrow. It really can't hurt, but oftentimes people want to save additional treatments for when propecia loses effectiveness. It's your choice.

jarrod2006

Reaction score
thanks for your help. I would be more than happy if I could keep the amount of hair I have at the moment for say 3-4 years until a solution comes along so its not really bout regrowing hair at this stage! any suggestions of what would be my best bet?

DragonLord

Reaction score
well i'm in the same boat as u r
i just wanna maintain my hair for about 3-4 years and i'm sure after that we'll have something better to live on...if not HM
1mg propecia a day is your best bet dude...after a year if u notice further or inacceptable recession u can always add minoxidil
but for now..propecia would do..since u r happy with what u're left with on your head
all the best :)

cook'n'milkies

Established Member
Reaction score
if you just want to maintain, get on propecia (finasteride) and quick! You may experience slight regrowth but it's not that common.

jarrod2006

Reaction score
thanks heaps for ur answers. Also last question how long does it roughly take for propecia to actually start working so I wont be losing more hair if that makes sense

cook'n'milkies

Established Member
Reaction score
Results vary from person to person, the general consensus is to give it a year. Some people see results earlier, some later. But give it an honest year to assess.