Necessary to use Minoxidil SPECIFICALLY in the morn & ev

robm0761

Reaction score
Is it necessary to use Minoxidil SPECIFICALLY in the morning and the evening?

Or could I use it when I arrived home from work (4-5 pm) and before I go to bed (11-12 pm), and still receive the same benefits? Or is that not enough time between applications?

I am asking in hopes of finding a way around the messiness of using it and then heading to work, etc.

Are there any other time schedules that work well?

Thanks!

Rob

anayak76

Reaction score
8 hours

Dr. Lee on his website says to leave 8 hours between applications.
Not sure if an hour here or there makes a difference.

If you buy minoxidil from Lee, you could do an online consultation with him and ask him that question.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
I think the general idea is that there is 24 hours in a day, and you want to keep as consistent and even of a "growth stimulation" as possible. So ideally once every 12 hours is best, for example, 8am and 8pm ... but if you can't do that, getting as close to it as possible is the goal.

HairLossTalk.com

robm0761

Reaction score
Thanks Anayak76 and HairLossTalk.com!

Good to know. Also as I get better at applying the Minoxidil I can hopefully reduce the mess factor a bit.

Rob

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
robm, Dr. Lee's minoxidil is mess free. It dries in five minutes.

robm0761

Reaction score
techprof said:
robm, Dr. Lee's minoxidil is mess free. It dries in five minutes.

Thanks techprof:

I'll check out his webpage.

Rob

G

My suggestion to some guys who use Dr Lee's quick drying minoxidil is to apply it 3 times a day(obviously only if it is convenient and affordable to them).

On a 24 hour basis, if you apply it every 8 hours, you have a constant and even dose of minoxidil on your scalp.

Petchsky

Reaction score
neiltom88 said:
My suggestion to some guys who use Dr Lee's quick drying minoxidil is to apply it 3 times a day(obviously only if it is convenient and affordable to them).

On a 24 hour basis, if you apply it every 8 hours, you have a constant and even dose of minoxidil on your scalp.

Does this help? or does it just make your supply run out faster.

Also, is the fast drying minoxidil product number 500 on Dr Lee's website?

Thanks.

G

Petchsky said:
neiltom88 said:

Does this help? or does it just make your supply run out faster.

Also, is the fast drying minoxidil product number 500 on Dr Lee's website?

Thanks.

I'm no scientist but I'm sure that it would ensure that your bald/thinning bits are getting maximum exposure to minoxidil. Maybe someone with more scientific knowledge may have an opinion?

And, yes Dr Lee's quick drying is Product 500.

It is also actually 5.5% minoxidil and you get 65ml in a bottle compared Regaine and generic minoxidil which are 50ml. That's an extra week's minoxidil at a twice daily dosage.

Also, with the £ being strong against the $ - it's fairly cheap for us Brits and it only takes 4 days to arrive on doorstep from West Coast U.S.

michael barry

Reaction score
Dr. Marty Sawaya said in an interview with HairLossTalk.com that Minoxdil is perhaps just as effective with a ONCE A DAY application.

It was tested with twice a day applications, thus FDA approved with that exact protocol. They'd have to go back and retest to try once a day which would cost money then, and money later if they were proved right when folks only used half as much.

minoxidil upregulates Vascular Endothelial Growth Factor which makes more and bigger micorcapillaries by releasing nitric oxides and opening potassium channels. It gets more blood to the follicle. It also fights collagen formation and hardening which is the beginnings of fibrosis. It was also shown to grow MORE hair than propecia and grow it all over the scalp.

eliazush

Established Member
Reaction score
I think using minoxidil twice a day probabely makes a difference. Although in order to base it sceintifically a new experiments should be carried. It is only logical that there would be a difference. The difference between 2% and 5% has been well proven, so if minoxidil is dose dependent, I guess it's true as well for times of application during the day.

However, even if it will be proven that 2 time application is better, I think that a VERY important aspect of treating hairloss is the possibility to persevere. We all agree that restoring hair and maintain it takes time and consistence. It is more important (in my opinion) to stick to 1 application a day than to try to stick to two but to then to "break down" and to abandon it for lack of compliance. Also, a lot of guys here use more than one toppical, so applying minoxidil twice daily another product (fluridil, folligen etc.) would be very difficult to comply.

So, I think that it one uses minoxidil only a single toppical treatment he should use it twice daily (if it goes well with his job/life) unless other toppical is used or sensitivity/irritation develops. Sensitivity is also does dependent, so lowering to one application can help soothing it.

Good luck everyone,