N I Z O R A L question

G

I see in various regimes that people use Nizoral 3-4 times a week, others say once every three days, is more frequent usege beneficial?

I also read the 'Will Brink' article where he mentions using a selenium shampoo like head&shouldersâ„¢ but I bought me a big bucket of the stuff and It doesn't mention selenium anywhere in it's ingredients? anyone else noticed this?

cheers big ears

Ty :salut:

G

Perthonohally...i never use nizoral more than 2-3 times a week. Usually every 3rd day, it is a strong shampoo. Dont think its beneficial to use it more than 3 times a week for the majority of people.

Redbone

Reaction score
Supposedly it will block DHT for two days that is why we use it every third day. Dont know this to be a fact though.

G

redbone said:
Supposedly it will block DHT for two days that is why we use it every third day. Dont know this to be a fact though.

I presume when you say every third day you mean like:

Monday: Nizoral
Tuesday:
Wednesday:
Thursday: Nizoral
Friday:
Saturday:
Sunday: Nizoral

and so on..

So if Nizoral blocks DHT for two days, after a monday morning shampoo the Ketoconazole (sp?) will stay active for monday and tuesday (2 days) leaving wednesday as 'DHTs day of vengenceâ„¢'?

should we not use Nizoral every two days?

waddya think?

Most people say not to use a conditioner on days that you use Nizoral

and what is everyones opinion on this quote from 20something?

all your shampooing expertise appreciated

Ty :freak:

JustinTime

Reaction score
I would like to see a study that tells definitively how long nizoral needs to be on the scalp to get proper absorption. While I do use the stuff, I can't imagine that its doing me much good when I rinse my hair out right after I shampoo. I do massage it in real good.

JustinTime

Reaction score
I'd like to also mention that the first time I heard of Nizoral was about 15 years ago +/- and it was available only as a prescription for getting rid of fungus/ringworm on animals. Possibly on humans too, I don't know about that. I know this because at the time I had a persian cat and the vet prescribed Nizoral shampoo for me to bathe the cat. It cleared it right up.

bombscience

Reaction score
JustinTime said:
I would like to see a study that tells definitively how long nizoral needs to be on the scalp to get proper absorption. While I do use the stuff, I can't imagine that its doing me much good when I rinse my hair out right after I shampoo. I do massage it in real good.

Dr. Lee said to me that anything above 5 minutes is sufficient.

Also here is this tidbit of info:

Code:
Nizoral shampoo is a shampoo containing the antifungal medication Ketoconazole 2%. Jassen Pharmaceutica manufactures Nizoral shampoo. Nizoral has been thought to help with hair loss for several years due to anecdotal reports by users as well as studies showing Nizoral might help lower male hormone levels related to hair loss. The shampoo is generally used to treat dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis.

Ketoconazole, the active ingredient in Nizoral shampoo is an anti-fungal agent which has also been shown to lower serum testosterone when taken in the tablet form. Ketoconazole exerts its effect by altering the fungal cell membrane. As a result, some people with Androgenetic alopecia use Nizoral shampoo to help reduce testosterone levels around hair follicles.

A recent article in the magazine Dermatology compared the use of Minoxidil 2% (Rogaine, Regaine) to Nizoral 2%. The study indicates that Nizoral shows a similar response of growing hair to Minoxidil 2%. Many reports have indicated that Nizoral is "definitely a good shampoo for thickening hair" and for hair regrowth.

gerard

Established Member
Reaction score
i m thrill to see Nizoral 2% itself is doing a good job to fight hair loss, however, let me try to correct this, Nizoral is not a DHT-inhibitor, it doesnt block DHT for the next 2/3 days.

Anita

Reaction score
Uh... Sorry to invade the male part of this discussion board (I am a woman) but I'm trying to get info on Nizoral also. Someone said that it mainly helped ease irritation to the scalp caused by other meds like rogaine. But you guys are saying that it actually inhibits DHT. Assuming my problem is not hormonal (which it looks like it isn't, but I'll know next week), Nizoral then would not help me, right?

Cassin

Reaction score
Anita said:
Uh... Sorry to invade the male part of this discussion board (I am a woman) but I'm trying to get info on Nizoral also. Someone said that it mainly helped ease irritation to the scalp caused by other meds like rogaine. But you guys are saying that it actually inhibits DHT. Assuming my problem is not hormonal (which it looks like it isn't, but I'll know next week), Nizoral then would not help me, right?

Inflammation is pretty common with anyone who is losing their hair.

Irritation is also common with people are using Minoxidil.

So on those two ends, Nizoral will more than likely help you regardless of it supposedly helping blocking DHT in the scalp. If Nizoral makes your irritation worse, then try T/GEL intensive itch relief. Unless of course you are a freak like me who can't use any Anti-Inflammation product because it makes a normal scalp go to hell. The following smiley illustrates my scalp nicely when I use one. :boom:

Redbone

Reaction score
You are incorrect it does infact destroy DHT and keeps it at bay for 2 days. I get my information from doctor Lee on discussions of his new Anti- DHT shampoo. Did you catch that or shall I reapeat it Anti-DHT Shampo conaining 2% Nix and T/Sal.

Cassin

Reaction score
redbone said:
You are incorrect it does infact destroy DHT and keeps it at bay for 2 days. I get my information from doctor Lee on discussions of his new Anti- DHT shampoo. Did you catch that or shall I reapeat it Anti-DHT Shampo conaining 2% Nix and T/Sal.

I don't care what he calls his product. Where is the proof?

G

Unless of course you are a freak like me who can't use any Anti-Inflammation product because it makes a normal scalp go to hell. The following smiley illustrates my scalp nicely when I use one.

That's me with T/Gel, causes red, lumpy, flakey scalp.

:freak:

Ty

Redbone

Reaction score
All I know is that I started using the sh*t and in three months my vertex closed in pretty damn good. Overall my hair felt allot better and that was the only thing I changed in the Regime.

Cassin

Reaction score
redbone said:
All I know is that I started using the sh*t and in three months my vertex closed in pretty damn good. Overall my hair felt allot better and that was the only thing I changed in the Regime.

I'm sure it does chief, I have no doubt it helps just about everyone. But I do not buy into the claim it helps with DHT. Should a nice study be out there to prove me wrong, I would love to see it. Dr Lee can claim whatever he wants. He supposed to, he sells the stuff.