My Zix Experience - How B6 And Zinc Have Saved My Hair

cloudsanrain

Established Member
Reaction score
Because I already have a full head of hair the dark colour doesn't bother me because it's hidden in the hair. It actually helps hide the thinner areas. On top of that I love how it gets stiff when it dries which is why it is the antidote to the greasiness of Minoxidil. So for me it's has multiple benefits
Jambap when you apply the betadine then the minoxidil do you wash it out before you reapply them the next day ?

jambap

My Regimen
Reaction score
Jambap when you apply the betadine then the minoxidil do you wash it out before you reapply them the next day ?
Nah, just apply it again. But I'm not encouraging that nor discouraging it. I just know that for me if I make my regimen too cumbersome I can't maintain for the long term. So I just do what seems safe enough and not too inconvenient. But then everyone's got their personal habits. But the success I've experienced is doing it like this, so do with that as you wish.

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Jambap / JWM - I'm the poster formerly known as Troymaclure (couldn't login under that name here, forgot my details). Anyway, I was really chuffed to see you guys posting on here, and reminiscing about the old days - I don't think I could have got through those times without you all.

Jambap how has the Zix been working out for you?
Hi Troy! How have you been? Definitely miss the good old days. How has your hair been holding up?

adrob76

Reaction score
Hey JWM , all good thanks ! Things arent too bad but could always be better :) How's about you, settled into a firm regimen these days?

JWM2

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey JWM , all good thanks ! Things arent too bad but could always be better :) How's about you, settled into a firm regimen these days?
Like you, I could always be doing better, but for a guy that is now 50, I still have a decent head of hair. For the past few years, I'd say my regimen has been pretty basic. Minoxidil 1-2 x a day, and 2.5 mgs of Finasteride a day. If I'm not too tired, I try to use minoxidil liquid (about 2 mls) on a hydrated scalp to increase absorption. If I'm feeling lazy, I'll use the foam.

I tried adding 1 pill of dutasteride a week to my existing finasteride (some have reported success with this), but I never really gave it enough time to see if it worked. I would always chicken out if I thought my hair was getting thinner.

Also tried dermarolling (1 x a week) but was never consistent with it for the same reason above. It always seemed to make my hair look thinner. Plus I didn't love the idea of poking millions of holes in my head--I always thought I was doing more harm than good.

Also tried being consistent with 2% nizoral several times a week, but never noticed much of a difference.

So for now, it's really just been the big two. I may try dermastamping in the future (tried a pen and it tore my scalp up, and a manual riller did the same). Dermastamping seems to be the gentlest method, though it takes a while.

What about you?

adrob76

Reaction score
Same as you really mate, pushing 50, consistent regimen - minoxidil 1 x day , 5 or 6 days a week, 5mg Fincar every other day, Nizoral 3 or 4 times a week, Zix twice a week. Been using an apply polyphenol powder in a topical for around 6 months, hard to say if its been helpful but hair quality seems better. Would like to add a cheap topical antiandrogen or 5ar inhibitor but not sure what that could be, maybe crushed up spironolactone but not sure how effective that would be.

hpb123

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,

want to start with ZIX. Bought the supplies but want to make sure that I make no mistake with the Zinc part because on the internet I see quite some warning labels for Zinc sulphate Heptahydrate .
Is Zinc sulphate Heptahydrate the right ingredient for ZIX? @worm Have you been using this ingredient for over 15 years? Im thinking of adding 660mg then from the sulphate to one 60ml bottle.

Thanks guys for any feedback :)