my system experience

waldo

Reaction score
tought i would contribute for all those young guys considering getting a system.

after using increasing amounts of gel, hairspray and thickening concealers and my hairsystels getting more ridiculous and obvious by the month i decided to get a system. eventually did, and so far the experience has been a good one.

the attachment is safe, the color match is very accurate (i read this is mostly a matter of luck though sometimes the company you order from can screw you over), its actually very stress free (except for the cleanup every 1.5-2 weeks that takes about 2 hours). it really is just like my real hair, i can style it, comb it, wear my cap backwards like a badass, go to the gym. just havent been swimming yet, but some people say they do without problems.

the difference hair makes for the ladies is ridiculous. you gotta experience it to believe it. makes me a little sad even, wouldnt have tought that women really are that superficial. might have something to do with the fact that im 25 though.

anyway, to me, baldness is not an issue any more. thats the best feeling, i can go as bald as i want now. nothing to worry about. obviously still there is some restrictions, so im looking forward to "real" cure myself too. but until that arrives my life will be almost without worries regarding hair.

will gladly reply to any questions anyone might have.

btw: the biggest issue with wigs is that you want to have a smooth transition from concealers to a system. even the most obvious combover turns into a full head of hair, as long as people havent seen bald patches of skin, they will not realise what you did. however if in fact you were outed as really bald, then you are going to need a plan b. because i cant imagine wearing a system is enjoyable at all when everyone you know, knows you do. that really must suck.

Reaction score
Waldo, i just have one question. People have told me the area below the glue feels like pin pricks when the hair is growing inside, is this true?

Also you said you clean it every week or so, do you do it yourself?

mothernature

Established Member
Reaction score
thank you very much for sharing your story.

is there alot of maintanance? how long does a peice last and how expensive is it?

waldo

Reaction score
Waldo, i just have one question. People have told me the area below the glue feels like pin pricks when the hair is growing inside, is this true?

no, absolutely not. i wear a lace system, so i cant comment on poly systems. you feel absolutely nothing. you forget its there (thank god).

Also you said you clean it every week or so, do you do it yourself?

yes i did and still do everything myself. had my troubles, but i have only been wearing for about 2 months. and im still learning, but every attachment gets more comfortable, faster, and more indetectable. the only thing you probably cant do yourself, is getting a haircut, but i have been rocking the caveman look until now, so havent had that done yet.

is there alot of maintanance? how long does a peice last and how expensive is it?

quite honestly no there is not a lot of maintenance, i clean and reattach it every 7 days, sometimes a little longer. some people get 2 weeks out of an attachment. the entire ritual takes around 60 minutes for me. i have been told pieces last anywhere from 3-9 months depending on how good you take care of it. mine is still looking good after 2 months, and i treat it horribly. i use tons of products, hair spray even (wich people say you shouldnt ever use on a system bc the alcohol dries out the hair), wear lots of hats, go to the gym every day and sweat alot, wash it very often etc. so y my first system is still looking surprisingly good (all i do is condition it after every washing). i paid ~150$ for this one. im not allowed to say where i ordered from right?

rather not make people suspicious. and when someone has so many good things to say people get naturally suspicious ;)

RedSoxHat

Reaction score
It's a bummer that we are not allowed to say where to get hair systems from. I'm shedding amazingly fast, and have a bad reaction to anti-androgens, so I'm really looking forward to getting a hair piece myself. It would be great if I could get opinions on which company is better.

Did you have to go into a clinic to have your head measured and all that? Or did you simply order it online? How does that first step work?

Thanks for this post. It's a huge relief to hear that the transition is very simple and almost effortless. I spent six months with a bad anxiety about going bald, but hearing stories like yours really helps me feel a lot better about it.

Grimoire

Reaction score
Poker....

In truth, your hair just isn't that important to other people. Nobody spends their free time contemplating your hair style and hair growth.

I have known people who kept 3 pieces cut to slightly different lengths and then switch from the shortest to the medium to the longest every three weeks - but I think that is major overkill.

It's a bad idea to over-think hair replacement. If you do, you'll never be comfortable with it or yourself.

waldo

Reaction score
Did you have to go into a clinic to have your head measured and all that? Or did you simply order it online? How does that first step work?

Thanks for this post. It's a huge relief to hear that the transition is very simple and almost effortless. I spent six months with a bad anxiety about going bald, but hearing stories like yours really helps me feel a lot better about it.

there is a method where you wrap kitchen foil around your head and tape it everywhere, to create a template of your head. you then send that via mail to the place where you want to order from. its not difficult at all, just takes a little time. or you can order a stock system (wich is not specifically made to fit your own head shape). some guys get lucky and find that stock systems match their hair color and head shape perfectly, me not so much. im wearing a stock system right now, and its really good, but i want it to be 100% perfect, so my next system will be custom.

i wanted to give a little back, because i have been browsing and posting on this forum for a long time now. i used to come online every night because i couldnt sleep out of anxiety. the whole hair loss thing was really dragging me down, so i want to encourage other young guys to give this kind of solution a try. its cosmetically the best, and you dont mess with your body and health at all.

has ne one ever noticed dat ur hair is not growing on d top(as u hav a system)??

no absolutely not, believe me that is never going to happen. unless you wear it really really short and your sides are ridiculously longer than the top, nobody will notice a thing.

It's a bad idea to over-think hair replacement. If you do, you'll never be comfortable with it or yourself.

this is so very true!

pokerboi.ben

Reaction score
i m thinking of buying a system .I need answers to a few questions :
1)what shud i keep in mind while selecting an hair system so that it blends with my hair perfectly?

2)does d color of d lace really matter? do dey make diff colored lace for diff skintone......will wearing a diff color lace get noticed?

3)can using glue make d system last for 30 -35 days on my head(dats wat d consultant said to me )

waldo

Reaction score
1)what shud i keep in mind while selecting an hair system so that it blends with my hair perfectly?

curlyness and color obviously. thats the only two things. the rest of the magic is done with a nice haircut/hairstyle and the very paranoid (like myself) use tons of products like gels and paste and hairspray.

2)does d color of d lace really matter? do dey make diff colored lace for diff skintone......will wearing a diff color lace get noticed?

it only matters if you are 40 years old and want to get a system with very light density, so that alot of scalp shows trough. but i think there is very few companies that sell lace in another color than white. i have never seen one.

3)can using glue make d system last for 30 -35 days on my head(dats wat d consultant said to me )

no that is very unlikely. if you are very lucky, sweat very little, and use ridiculously strong glue, then it could work. but if you do sports and wash your hair every second day, then you can normally expect 10-20 days.

cleaning up and reattaching the system only takes about 1 hour max and you can do it all yourself so it really isnt that big of a problem.

kejan

Established Member
Reaction score
Interesting post, Waldo.

Sounds like you are well and enjoying life with a system.

I tried it for 12hrs. I wasn't 'ready' to wear, I don't think. I probably should have gave it a longer time but I was so paranoid with it on my head. The minute I left the studio I looked at every person I passed on the street to see if their eyes peeled up to my forehead.

I've not yet dismissed wearing a system but I think like you said is the key, you need to make the change when you still have hair. I grew out my NW3 to medium length and then cut the wig cut in. Although like I said, I lasted 12 hrs in it haha, the 2 people that I met and knew said my haircut looked good.

It is a good alternative for people who are not ready or wanting to go sly/shaved down.

The only obsticles I could see with it were ;
1-Living an active lifestyle. - but from your description you seem to be doing fine with it.
2-Paranoia - down to the indvidual, I suppose.
3-The fear - which I suppose is similar to the paranoia, but again depends on how good you attach it and it looks and your mindset. It's really no different to wearing concealers I suppose. Even the folk who wear excellent concealers, no matter how little they put on, probably still fear brightly lit places (just a little).
4- Telling a partner/meeting a long-term partner - being able to tell them that you are wearing I suppose might be a big moral issue for people. How long do you go without telling a new girlfriend? If you just meet her, you probably would not want to say too early, but then as time goes on, you might it harder to tell her. Also, the fear of how she might take the news.

Anyways, happy wearing and glad that you are happy with it.

red28

Reaction score
Hi waldo im looking into getting a system but not sure where to go or what to buy. So can you give me some advice and maybe pm me where you buy yours from? Oh do yo just go to the hairdressers when you've fitted it and have it cut?
Thanks

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
Id like to expand my knowledge into the area of hair systems. Would it be possible for you to PM me where you get your system? I would very much appreciate it.

A note, I do not intend to buy one as I still have as much of my hair as I want, so you don't need to feel you are advertising for the company or anything. I just know very little about systems and would like to learn more.

owais

Reaction score
@waldo

Nice post dude
I am new in the world of hairsystems like you and been wearing for some 4 months. I am happy regarding wear and tear and I do it myself bonding attachment and as you said it was a pain initially but you get to learn it faster than you think u will and eventually it becomes easy peazy .

I have a few questions for you..

1. Don't you think when someone is sitting right next to you or if you are talking face to face to someone specially if you are outside in the sun they can easily see the scalp which does look unnatural to some extent. The netted base of a system no matter which system you have can be obvious from a very close distance .

2. You do good in normal lights but if you are right underneath a light bulb or in conference room in office and ur scalp is visible, I don't think people can easily notice a different scalp.
and its natural that people try to inspect it further if they find some irregularity in someone like if you see a boob job or a bad botox we go a bit curious and try to gaze further when the person is looking somewhere else to dig out whts wrong . lol

3. about intimate relationship when people write that they dont knw how to tell their gfs about the hairsystem I find it a bit confusing . I mean if you are in bed with a girl and you go out with her and she is at such close proximity with you , she can easily see the scalp and the not-real hair follicles can't she?

It all goes down to your confidence coz at the end of the day as it is said "you are the man behind the face" so if you just play it out and tell her straight about your hair system without any tone of embarrasment about it , it won't be a matter at all.

and waldo are u based in u .k?
thanks

Agahi

Established Member
Reaction score
My major question is how do people with some hair remaining glue the system on? Wouldn't you have to glue to hair(which is growing)?

pokerboi.ben

Reaction score
waldo does your haisrsytem shed a lot of hair? i recently got 1 it does,,,,may b dats d reason d consultant told me to gor for a higher density den d one wich was planning?he said dat d systems sheds hair for d first month or so den stops ,is it true ???????????

devin123

Reaction score
My major question is how do people with some hair remaining glue the system on? Wouldn't you have to glue to hair(which is growing)?

waldo does your haisrsytem shed a lot of hair? i recently got 1 it does,,,,may b dats d reason d consultant told me to gor for a higher density den d one wich was planning?he said dat d systems sheds hair for d first month or so den stops ,is it true ???????????

bump for these two questions

bald29

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm completely shaved now, been like this for almost 2 years, and decided to get a system. Not really worried anymore about what people would say after the big change :p

Also, like the OP said, the difference hair makes with ladies is ridiculous. In my case, I'm 29 years old --had to shave at 27-- and in all this time I was able to get only 3 dates. And it was a lot of hard work. I'm white and look really bad bald! :D Before that, I could get a date with pretty much any girl I wanted, with some rare exceptions. So I decided to get a system and get back into the dating game. What would I say to a girl after some time together? I don't know, and I certainly don't care because at least I will be able to make it to that point!

The only doubts that I have are related to sports. Is it possible to practice sports seriously? Because if so, I could wear it while playing football, which is my main concern, having to remove it every day before practice/games.