My Success - hopefully this will help.

jhealy

Reaction score
This is my first post on here, and hopefully my last! :) I just wanted to share my success with everyone out there in hopes that it may help you.

First, I should give you a brief history. I started losing my hair when I was 20 years old (I'm 26 now). It started out with severe shedding all over. Then, my hairline started to recede and shedding continued. I've tried a countless number of things over the years to try and stop/reverse my hair loss. Some worked for a bit, others didn't work well at all (propecia).

Over the past year, I've made a lot of progress in reversing my hair loss. I'd like to share my regimen (I hate that word) that I have been using.

Regrowth Stimulants
- Shen Min Advanced Formula for Men (2 pills/day)
- Rogain 5% Extra Strength (1-2 applications/day)

Shampoo:
- Nizoral Shampoo (I use this every other day)
- Herbal Essences Normal to Oily Hair Purifying Shampoo
- Loreal Vive Regenium X-Y Thickening Shampoo

Other:
- Cut my hair every week.
- Working out at least two times a week. Cardio, and weights.[/list]

Some notes on the above regimen:

When applying the Rogain, I apply to the entire scalp. Even though it says it's not for receding hairlines - I also apply it liberally to the hairline and massage it in. I have seen noticeable results from this. I only do it at night, as I don't want that guck in my hair when I go to work. If I'm not going out in the evening I'll apply it when I get home from work, then again before I go to bed.

The Shen Min (which smells like something off a farm) has helped make my hair grow faster. Never before would I be able to cut my hair once every week. It grows much faster now, and is much thicker than before. I also believe cutting it every week helps stimulate the hair growth.

I really hope this will help someone out there. I had a really tough time dealing with my hair loss, and know how devastating it can be. Whether this works for your or not, just remember not to give up... as there's a solution out there for you, you just have to find it.

All the best, and good luck!

- John

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
You know, I was going to get Shen Min but I heard not very good reviews about it.

n1kki6

Established Member
Reaction score
DaSand said:
You know, I was going to get Shen Min but I heard not very good reviews about it.
I think it probably because everyone that takes it has really high expectations. Im sure it helps but the ammount will be different for each person.

n1kki6

Established Member
Reaction score
Here is a review off of shopping.com for shen min, this guy gave it a 2 of 5.

" It's been three months and this product hasn't thickened my hair at all. At most it inhibited the process of hair loss."

So if it inhibited it sounds like it would have help in conjuction with other things.

Hawaii male

Established Member
Reaction score
Im currently taking Shen Min products and it is working well alongside with Finasteride.