My story

esafa

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I've experienced hair thinning from my mid 20's and I'm now almost 30 and about to get married, the thinning had gotten really bad towards the end of last year and I finally decided to take the plunge with the big 3.
I had used a variety of different methods to try to thicken my hair up, including using caffeine shampoo, lavender oils, high protein diets even using hair fibers but nothing really helped.

I started in late December last year, I'm using 5% generic minodoxidil, niazoral shampoo and 1% finasteride (generic 5mg cut into quarters) and it's week 10 and I'm so happy with the results so far. I was planning on using fibers to thicken my hair up for my wedding (late april), but now I'm thinking I might not even need to do that!

Here are some pics -
Before starting

attachment.php

At 3 weeks
attachment.php

6 weeks
attachment.php

8 weeks
attachment.php

today - week 10
attachment.php

My hair certainly feels a lot thicker and I hope it continues to get better, it's a great improvement and I'm really happy that so far my hair seems to be reacting positively to the treatment.

I did notice a bit of a shed after a few weeks which lasted 2 - 3 weeks but then it subsided and I noticed many new hairs growing from my hair line from the 5th/6th week onwards.

Just a quick note - I did colour my hair a little last week (just a mild mens hair colour to cover some grey hairs), so that might be making my hair look thicker currently.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-02-11-14-02-52[1].png
    Screenshot_2016-02-11-14-02-52[1].png
    2.9 MB · Views: 1,310
  • Screenshot_2016-02-11-14-03-00[1].png
    Screenshot_2016-02-11-14-03-00[1].png
    2.9 MB · Views: 1,148
  • Screenshot_2016-02-17-07-31-35[1].png
    Screenshot_2016-02-17-07-31-35[1].png
    2.9 MB · Views: 1,182
  • Screenshot_2016-03-01-08-36-25[1].png
    Screenshot_2016-03-01-08-36-25[1].png
    2.8 MB · Views: 1,223
  • Screenshot_2016-03-07-09-46-40[1].png
    Screenshot_2016-03-07-09-46-40[1].png
    3 MB · Views: 1,253

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Great results already man! Things are only going to keep getting better from here!

Kingswat0

Reaction score
Hey great results! That is some serious improvement in a drastically short amount of time. Thank you for posting, I check this site every day for a new success story, so thank you :)
Keep up the regime man, good job!

esafa

Reaction score
Thanks guys! Some additional info - I did start massaging my head after starting my regime and I'm now using natural shampoos and niazoral around 3 times a week.

edit: I haven't had any major side effects so far, the only thing worth a mention is that I have noticed a tiny bit of flaking/dandruff in my hair occasionally since starting, but it's not really a big issue at all.

T

tellersquill

This is all down to minoxidl. Propecia takes at least 6 months to work.

esafa

Reaction score
ohh right, so when the propecia kicks in after 6 months it should in theory make my hair go even thicker than the best minoxidil can? I'm actually quite happy with the way it is now and if I can retain the amount I have now for years to come I'll be a very happy man :D

bald7802

My Regimen
Reaction score
Great result man.How do you apply min on your scalp? Do you use liquied or foam ?

esafa

Reaction score
Very nice results, do you use the liquid minoxidil or the foam?

G'day, I'm using a generic liquid (hair-a-gain) twice a day.

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a 3 month update. The front seems a little thicker now compared to the last pic I posted.

Screenshot_2016-03-21-11-28-52.png

- - - Updated - - -

Quick side note - I usually lightly blow dry my hair after applying the minoxidil just to dry my hair a little quicker. Don't really like the wet feel.

esafa

Reaction score
Quick update - this is how my hair looks now roughly 5 months in. Very happy with the results, I still have a tiny bit of thinning on the crown, but hoping it'll too be filled in nicely soon.

Screenshot_2016-05-19-09-26-28.png