My Regimen - Please Critique, Give Suggestions

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm very new to this, 30 years old, noticed hair loss 6-12 months ago (although quite a bit before that my sister commented on hair getting sparser while cutting my hair), I've been doing a lot of reading in the past few days and want to give you guys the regimen I plan on following partly as just journaling on my part, but more importantly for the sake of getting any suggestions as to what I might want to change or add in.

The hair loss I see is frontal, there's been recession on the sides and the middle patch has gotten sparser. There is thinning on the crown as well. Frankly, I've stopped looking at my hair because it causes me too much stress, so I can't even give you a good assessment of how things are now, I literally don't look at myself in the mirror.

The following is a provisional regimen. I still have a lot of research to do and I'm sure I'll be tweaking it and adding stuff, but here it is as it stands now:

Minoxidil %5?

I haven't decided yet whether to go with M. This thread spooked me

Microneedling

1,5 mm, because that's what they used in that one study where they combined it with Minoxidil to good effect. Don't know yet how often, I'll look at how often they did it.

Tea tree oil

For it's antimicrobial activity.

This study used a mixture of Minoxidil, TTO and an antiinflammatory and achieved better results than control group using Minoxidil alone.

Some antiinflammatory

Haven't decided which one yet, maybe the one mentioned in the above study, but I suspect it might be expensive. Will try to find something natural, side-effects free and affordable.

Massages

According to method described in this video.

Evidence for massages helping is kind of limited, I think, but what the heck, unlikely to hurt. Although one study that followed people using massages at 4 points in time (various # of weeks later) found some hair loss at the third point in the massage group (no in control), but it normalized by the fourth point.

The supposed mechanism by which it may be beneficial is improving blood flow, breaking up fibrosis (and calcification?) and stimulating some beneficial genes.

Caffeine shampoo

Caffeine has been shown to stimulate hair growth in vitro. Studies showed it gets absorbed within 2 minutes into hair follicles if applied to scalp.

Topical caffeine?

I want to look into whether it's available and how expensive. If I can find it maybe I'll forego the shampoo and just use this every day.

Oral caffeine (coffee/black tea)?

I don't know whether caffeine taken orally has beneficial effects, will try to research that, but I suspect that might be something that was never investigated, but I'll research the health effects of caffeine and if there aren't any negative ones then I'll just start drinking lots of coffee/black tea just for the possibility it might help.

Oral marine protein supplements (Viviscal?)

This is something I would like to use, but suspect will turn out to be too expensive.

Got the idea from here.

"Oral marine protein supplements (MPS) have been used for more than 15 years as nutritional enhancers of hair growth in Androgenetic Alopecia."

"Several studies, including randomized, controlled trials have demonstrated the efficacy of Viviscal in the treatment of Androgenetic Alopecia in men [55,57,58]. Significant improvements, in terms of the physicianassessed terminal hair counts as well as patient-perceived benefits in hair volume, scalp coverage, and thickness of hair shafts have also been reported in multiple double-blind, placebo-controlled studies evaluating the efficacy of Viviscal supplement (given orally twice-a-day for 3 months to 6 months) in women with self-perceived thinning hair [56,59,60]."

Diet supplements

I haven't made my mind up on this yet, I suspect if I start buying every supplement that's been connected to promoting hair growth I'll go bust, so I'm hoping to maybe read up on what the relevant nutrients are and try to up my intake through food.

Laser

This is something that I haven't researched yet sufficiently, but it seems there's some evidence for it and it SHOULD be side effects-free (although one study mentioned some health concerns, withotu specifying further), so I figure why not.

I'd like to get something like the cap in this video, assuming it's affordable.

That's it. I don't want to go for Finasteride, because the side effects scare me. I'm hoping that the fact that I'll be using all these things in combo, plus the fact that my hair loss is not dramatic yet will be sufficient without F.

As I mentioned earlier, I never look at my hair any more, because it causes a lot of stress. Sounds ridiculous, but when I have to look at myself in the mirror, I put a towel over my head. This is a problem, because I should be able to see how any intervention I make is affecting the situation up top and I'm currently debating with myself whether I should start looking at my hair so I can track changes or keep up what I'm doing and hope that at some point I'll notice my regimen restored my hair.

By burying my head in the sand I avoid a lot of stress and aggravation, but knowing how changes in my regiment are affecting things would be very important and also maybe what I'm doing is a little cowardly, I don't know.

I would very much appreciate any comments, criticisms or suggestions.

Last edited:

keepit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm very new to this, 30 years old, noticed hair loss 6-12 months ago (although quite a bit before that my sister commented on hair getting sparser while cutting my hair), I've been doing a lot of reading in the past few days and want to give you guys the regimen I plan on following partly as just journaling on my part, but more importantly for the sake of getting any suggestions as to what I might want to change or add in.

The hair loss I see is frontal, there's been recession on the sides and the middle patch has gotten sparser. There is thinning on the crown as well. Frankly, I've stopped looking at my hair because it causes me too much stress, so I can't even give you a good assessment of how things are now, I literally don't look at myself in the mirror.

The following is a provisional regimen. I still have a lot of research to do and I'm sure I'll be tweaking it and adding stuff, but here it is as it stands now:

Minoxidil %5?

Microneedling

1,5 mm, because that's what they used in that one study where they combined it with Minoxidil to good effect. Don't know yet how often, I'll look at how often they did it.

Tea tree oil

This study used a mixture of Minoxidil, TTO and an antiinflammatory and achieved better results than control group using Minoxidil alone.

Some antiinflammatory

Haven't decided which one yet, maybe the one mentioned in the above study, but I suspect it might be expensive. Will try to find something natural, side-effects free and affordable.

Massages

Evidence for massages helping is kind of limited, I think, but what the heck, unlikely to hurt. Although one study that followed people using massages at 4 points in time (various # of weeks later) found some hair loss at the third point in the massage group (no in control), but it normalized by the fourth point.

The supposed mechanism by which it may be beneficial is improving blood flow, breaking up fibrosis (and calcification?) and stimulating some beneficial genes.

Caffeine shampoo

Caffeine has been shown to stimulate hair growth in vitro. Studies showed it gets absorbed within 2 minutes into hair follicles if applied to scalp.

Topical caffeine?

I want to look into whether it's available and how expensive. If I can find it maybe I'll forego the shampoo and just use this every day.

I don't know whether caffeine taken orally has beneficial effects, will try to research that, but I suspect that might be something that was never investigated, but I'll research the health effects of caffeine and if there aren't any negative ones then I'll just start drinking lots of coffee/black tea just for the possibility it might help.

This is something I would like to use, but suspect will turn out to be too expensive.

Got the idea from here.

"Oral marine protein supplements (MPS) have been used for more than 15 years as nutritional enhancers of hair growth in Androgenetic Alopecia."

"Several studies, including randomized, controlled trials have demonstrated the efficacy of Viviscal in the treatment of Androgenetic Alopecia in men [55,57,58]. Significant improvements, in terms of the physicianassessed terminal hair counts as well as patient-perceived benefits in hair volume, scalp coverage, and thickness of hair shafts have also been reported in multiple double-blind, placebo-controlled studies evaluating the efficacy of Viviscal supplement (given orally twice-a-day for 3 months to 6 months) in women with self-perceived thinning hair [56,59,60]."

Diet supplements

I haven't made my mind up on this yet, I suspect if I start buying every supplement that's been connected to promoting hair growth I'll go bust, so I'm hoping to maybe read up on what the relevant nutrients are and try to up my intake through food.

Laser

This is something that I haven't researched yet sufficiently, but it seems there's some evidence for it and it SHOULD be side effects-free (although one study mentioned some health concerns, withotu specifying further), so I figure why not.

That's it. I don't want to go for Finasteride, because the side effects scare me. I'm hoping that the fact that I'll be using all these things in combo, plus the fact that my hair loss is not dramatic yet will be sufficient without F.

As I mentioned earlier, I never look at my hair any more, because it causes a lot of stress. Sounds ridiculous, but when I have to look at myself in the mirror, I put a towel over my head. This is a problem, because I should be able to see how any intervention I make is affecting the situation up top and I'm currently debating with myself whether I should start looking at my hair so I can track changes or keep up what I'm doing and hope that at some point I'll notice my regimen restored my hair.

By burying my head in the sand I avoid a lot of stress and aggravation, but knowing how changes in my regiment are affecting things would be very important and also maybe what I'm doing is a little cowardly, I don't know.

Best advice is too drop most of above and look into Neo hair lotion from Thailand works for 99% of users do research don't take my word....I'm using a natural shampoo and natural biotin and silica supplement to give a boost

Minoxidil %5?

Microneedling

Tea tree oil

Some antiinflammatory

Massages

Caffeine shampoo

Topical caffeine?

Got the idea from here.

Diet supplements

Laser

Neo hair lotion it works for most you don't need a huge regimen imo

Incinerate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Neo hair lotion won't do sh*t. Because it's pure snake oïl. Now stop being full of sh*t giving advice about this or im going to be rude. It's not your first time,

keepit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Neo hair lotion won't do sh*t. Because it's pure snake oïl. Now stop being full of sh*t giving advice about this or im going to be rude. It's not your first time,
I have a right to voice my opinion people can decide for themselves countless testimonials in YouTube please everyone do their own research...you got a problem with my advice? Didn't see you when I got scammed 500 dollars with the zinc thymulin spray from Dr vickers

Incinerate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No Before/After

Could be a Transplant

That's your solid evidence for claiming an unknown lotion from Thailand beats Androgenetic Alopecia ? No studies, no legit testimonies, no FDA approvement, nobody talks about it.

Yeah i wasn't there when you got scammed 500 dollars with the zinc thymulin spray from DR.Vickers, im a recent member. But surely you are going to enlight me how is he worse than you ? Except that he actually succeed in scamming people in the end.

So yeah i got a problem with your advices.

Incinerate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What about your before/after ? Does it even work for you ? And please, Don't give me the basic bullshit "i see new hair sprouting evrywhere on my hairline" if you can't recognize the hair miniaturization process

And how are you that seriously outraged by my behavior and comments when you are the one who has been scammed here but still gives those kind of advice with no back up which any fckin scammers would give ????

Omg maybe it's time to take lessons from those experiences. You should know this kind of attitude looks like total scam here by now

Last edited:

keepit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What about your before/after ? Does it even work for you ? And please, Don't give me the basic bullshit "i see new hair sprouting evrywhere on my hairline" if you can't recognize the hair miniaturization process

And how are you that seriously outraged by my behavior and comments when you are the one who has been scammed here but still gives those kind of advice with no back up which any fckin scammers would give ????

Omg maybe it's time to take lessons from those experiences. You should know this kind of attitude looks like total scam here by now
It's working 100% im only 9 or 10 weeks in will have pics up in time unless I get banned...goodbye for now

Scoobysnack

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I too am avoiding minoxidil. My hair Dr. prescribed both finasteride and oral minoxidil. I was afraid to take either but eventually got comfortable with taking low dose finasteride. Doubt I'll ever use the oral minoxidil.

Some potential topical anti-inflamatories:

Turmeric - cheap and easy to use. Well documented for its anti-inflamation properties. Doesnt smell bad
Fish Oil - another cheap and easy anti-inflam but would be messy and who wants to smell like dead fish

Incinerate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's working 100% im only 9 or 10 weeks in will have pics up in time unless I get banned...goodbye for now

Let see then, i ll apologize if that's the case. But i doubt i will honestly. Just like the dude who claimed no fap worked for him and promised photos. We re still waiting for him to prove his delusionnal theory with pics.

Dimitri001

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I too am avoiding minoxidil. My hair Dr. prescribed both finasteride and oral minoxidil. I was afraid to take either but eventually got comfortable with taking low dose finasteride. Doubt I'll ever use the oral minoxidil.

I'm still on the fence on Minoxidil, but am now beginning to lean in the direction of taking it.

Interesting that your dr prescribed oral, as opposed to topical, Minoxidil. Did he tell you why he suggested oral?

Why are you more inclined to use F, rather than M? Isn't F known to be more likely to cause somewhat serious sides? M is, according to the literature, supposed to be free of serious sides, it's only here on the forum that I've heard of sexual problems with M.

Some potential topical anti-inflamatories:

Turmeric - cheap and easy to use. Well documented for its anti-inflamation properties. Doesnt smell bad
Fish Oil - another cheap and easy anti-inflam but would be messy and who wants to smell like dead fish

Fantastic! Thank you, this might turn out to be very useful.

I mean 'genetic' :D

Ah, I see. As in history of hair loss in my family?

Well, my father, who, I THINK, is around 60 now or in his late 50s, doesn't show much sign of hair loss, although a few years back I started seeing him from time to time rubbing stuff into his hair and I assumed it was something hair loss related, but I never asked.

My paternal grandfather is around 95 now and he's lost some hair, but still has quite a bit. My maternal grandfather passed many years ago and I don't recall how he was doing hair-wise.

My paternal and maternal uncles, both in their 50s and/or 60s all still have their hair, although I don't remember whether they've lost any, I see them rarely.

Last edited:

Scoobysnack

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
"Interesting that your dr prescribed oral, as opposed to topical, Minoxidil. Did he tell you why he suggested oral?

Why are you more inclined to use F, rather than M? Isn't F known to be more likely to cause somewhat serious sides? M is, according to the literature, supposed to be free of serious sides, it's only here on the forum that I've heard of sexual problems with M."

Dr. didnt recommend topical M for two reasons: 1) Most men have a hard time taking it as directed (twice daily, every day), and 2) according to her oral is more effective because when it is processed in your liver it gets converted into its more reactive metabolites... something along those things. I did research this claim later and its true. Oral M results in better DHT blocking but I already forget the exact details as to why.

I was afraid of sides from both, however after reading the studies on F I finally gave in because 1) I have family history of prostrate cancer and F has shown to increase mortality rate of those with prostrate cancer, 2) I knew I was going to take a low dose, lower than what she wanted me to take. She prescribed 1mg daily. I break them and take .5mg daily, and 3) I knew F was probably my best hope in keeping my hair.

With Oral M I scared myself worrying about my liver (I drink alot of beer) and potential heart sides (though I have no family history of heart issues and heart is great). I think I just spooked myself. I have the 90 day supply from the doctor so perhaps after 6 months of F if I dont like what I'm seeing I might start little bits of my oral M.

keepit

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's not even the same person. One has a wart on the left the other on the right eye. More wrinkles as well. Confirmed snake oil.
Thanks for watching I will post more videos to show more proof if you want...hopefully those who I pm on this forum will take it up I have faith in this cheap natural product....