My obsession with hairloss.

DelayTheInevitable

Reaction score
Hi guys, I just wanna share my obsession with my hairloss. I know its unhealthy and it has taken away much of my time, but sadly it's in my head 24/7.

When I wake up in the morning the first thing I do is counting the number of hair lost on the pillow and the sheet below. Then I would run my wet hand through my scalp and see how many hairs come out.

When I am at work, I spend far more time in the toilet than anybody else, just to check my hair. To get away from suspicion, I go to a different toilet on a different floor each time.

When I walk my way home, I would slow down at any mirror surface and check my reflection. I often wandering into a gas station just to check my head on top from a mounted security camera.

When I finally have some spare time, instead of looking for fun or doing some meaningful stuff, I often just stare at my hairline in the bath room mirror and play with my miniaturized hair.

Pathetic isn't it... with the time I wasted on obsessing my hairloss I could probably learn a new language :shakehead: For those people here who are in the same boat as I am, how do you deal with your obsession?

Oknow

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are on propecia - why are you so obssessed?

By the way, I find myself doing similar sort of things to you - going into the toilet to check if my hair is styled correctly.

captain_que

Established Member
Reaction score
I hear you. This sh*t takes up too much time and brain capacity. Constantly surfing the web researching.. Thinking about it.. Worrying...

The other day I was out at work, and my hair got wet due to the work we were doing. I was messing with my hair in the reflection of the rear window of the truck. I looked behind me and a little bit away my boss was looking over. He´s a shaved head NWsomething. He walked on sort of laughing. Could probably relate :gay:

ligator

Reaction score
DelayTheInevitable said:
For those people here who are in the same boat as I am, how do you deal with your obsession?

I went all in and buzzed (#1) my hair that basically put an end to my prolonged suffering no longer do I wake up and check my pillow or spend every other hour checking my hair in the mirror.

That is how I dealt with it cold turkey.

:whistle:

toocoolforhair

Established Member
Reaction score
The last time I cared about my hair was in 2008 when I had a grown-out norwood 2.5 with visibly thinning temples. I knew things were starting to get bad when I opted to wear a beanie hat on a hot day. Instead of becoming a hat prisoner/hair loss sufferer I took a risk and committed myself to a grade 2 buzzcut.

It wasn't easy at first; friends and family were shocked and the question was always 'why?'. However, I stayed the course and now I'm a happy grade 1 norwood 3. I no longer worry about how my hair looks as it always looks the same. I found it extremely liberating to buzz my hair and now I will be buzzing it for the remainder of my life (I am 23).

Boondock

Reaction score
^ Having just taken this course of action, I'm inclined to agree that it can be a valid option.

southerndrawl

Reaction score
I would freaking love to just cut off all my hair. It would feel like a big eff you to my hair which has been tormenting me for the past 4 years. Unfortunatly I in the same boat as the guy above me. I too have an odd shaped head.

Cybergod

Reaction score
Its difficult not allowing yourself to be sucked into the darkness and depression often associated with hair loss. Obviously we must all worry about it to some degree; or we wouldn't be on this forum, but you can't let the obsession get to far.

One way I overcome the obsession is by focusing on other aspects of my life which need improving, nobody is perfect. Once you are on medication, there is little else you can do other than wait, so use this time to improve yourself with hobbies, academic skills etc...

Dreamsdolive

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey,

I really recogneize myself in your story and was wondering if you got over it and how?

Xxx

Dreamsdolive

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know :)
I was googling my problem and saw this thread so curious how this lovely person got over it :)

Patrick_Bateman

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I know :)
I was googling my problem and saw this thread so curious how this lovely person got over it :)
Upon reading this I was incredibly curious as to what kind of person would resurrect a 7 year old thread where the OP hasn't been online in 7 years. This question has completely occupied my mind to the point where I could not think about anything else. I've been taking methamphetamine in order to stay awake and read countless of articles on the human mind. I never found an answer and my rage fueled up. I could not stand spending so many hours without finding a answer. In my rage I threw my mouse at the wall. By some magical coincidence my mouse clicked on @Dreamsdolive 's name. And the answer to my question was right infront of me.
xlPNtJK.png

Dreamsdolive

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol

Upon reading this I was incredibly curious as to what kind of person would resurrect a 7 year old thread where the OP hasn't been online in 7 years. This question has completely occupied my mind to the point where I could not think about anything else. I've been taking methamphetamine in order to stay awake and read countless of articles on the human mind. I never found an answer and my rage fueled up. I could not stand spending so many hours without finding a answer. In my rage I threw my mouse at the wall. By some magical coincidence my mouse clicked on @Dreamsdolive 's name. And the answer to my question was right infront of me.
View attachment 64958

Dontwannabeabetabob

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 64958
Is the meth helping the cope my friend?

blackg

Reaction score
View attachment 64958
Keep your drug use to yourself.

PappinAce

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I went all in and buzzed (#1) my hair that basically put an end to my prolonged suffering no longer do I wake up and check my pillow or spend every other hour checking my hair in the mirror.

That is how I dealt with it cold turkey.

:whistle:

Do you buzz your own hair? This would probably be my course of action if I were more coordinated.

Matt3535

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I do not think one ever gets over it. You go on but Never the same as it once was before Hair loss.

I believe this is true but the older I get the more I realize how that's just a normal process of aging.
Like, I know people with knee problems, shoulder problems, etc. You can fix some of that stuff, so it's perhaps not the best example, but you kind of realize how everything in life, especially happiness, is fleeting. In your early years, you really do live carelessly for the most part. That's why parents always want to make sure you have a happy childhood and want to extend helping you as far as possible. Not just because they love you but because they know how shitty life can get when you get older. Sure, there are ways, especially when it comes to nutrition and training, that help you be fit for a long time. It's everyone's responsibility. But I got a friend who is a doctor and he said to me, "People expect to live their lives without pain instead of accepting it as a part of life." That really stuck with me. Maybe you're lucky, maybe you're not. Sooner or later some sh*t hits you, emotionally or physically, that you have little control over and you realize how you have been living your life in a state of blissful ignorance. Like, right now, people are sitting all around you suffering from all sorts of sh*t. Like, within a mile or two, someone probably has cancer and will die from with it. You only get a few years. Make them count.