My observations on coconut oil & minoxidil

minoxiDjunkie

Established Member
Reaction score
So here is my recent experience,
First id just say - coconut oil is an amazing thing, really !
Like its amazing for any use youd want.

Anyway ive been using it for the past 10 days or so, and here are some things i noticed a
* its best to use at night like so -
You take a shower - shampoo your hair thoroughly in and out left and right,
After shower you DO NOT towl your hair, you let it dry by the air, it takes more or less the time it takes you to finish everything after shower, about 15-20 minutes,
Than you put a small pot with water on low-med heat, and on it you put a small glass bowl with about two teaspoons of oil if your hair is short,
The heat from the water will slowly enough melt the oil and than you apply it on you hair straight away,
Next you massage it thoroughly into the scalp and all over the hair root to tip,
You than let it have a few minutes, at least 10,
Its a good time to prepare some plastic wrap or smoke a bowl,
Than comb/brush your hair backwards, and the back part brush upwards,
I thin down my minoxidil by -
1 part minoxidil (10%)
2 parts - 70% rubbing alcohol,
This way i can spray it all over my scalp without using too much ( about 18 sprays = 1ml of the original stuff )
Next thing you massage the minoxi well again and before you go to sleep you wrap your head with the plastic wrap and a hat/towel.

This way - ive noticed - the minoxidil gets better absorption than other ways - it feels much more kinda 'tingly'.
Probably dmi would make a better vehicle .

So thats it,

I have tried basically any other method and this is really good.

If you have any questions feel free to ask

RoyD

Established Member
Reaction score
You use coconut oil and Minoxidil on your head at the same time? It clearly says on my minoxidil leaflet NOT to mix any hair oil with minoxidil. Are you sure this is alright and that you're getting results?

minoxiDjunkie

Established Member
Reaction score
yes man.
i never seen anywhere 'dont mix minoxi with oil', and i am not exactly using them at the same time.
read it through, i said im first using the oil, than after about 20-30 minutes comes the minoxidil, and this way i can definiatley feel that its working better than just apply it on dry scalp.
besides, lipogaine any many other minoxidils has emu oil as a way to increase absorption and reduce inflammation.

RoyD

Established Member
Reaction score
Well those are mixed in the lab so obviously they're safe. Wouldn't applying minoxidil first make more sense because minoxidil dries up quickly whereas coconut oil doesn't really dry up at all.
I'm from India so coconut oil is the no.1 go to remedy for any hair loss. I feel it would work better with minoxidil since it can penetrate the scalp properly along with the minoxidil but not sure if coconut oil does anything for male pattern baldness in the first place.

minoxiDjunkie

Established Member
Reaction score
exactly the opposite mate...
you actually dont want the stuff to dry too fast.
you want to be able to spread it all over the hair and scalp, massage it deep, and ideally cover that with a plastic wrap so everything will stay active and get absorbed in the scalp.

when it dries it just dries and thats it,
it dosent penetrate anymore, doesnt do its job.

Mach

Established Member
Reaction score
Once every 2 weeks after a shower dry my hair. I'll do a self myofascial release with a ball roller (drink lots of water). Throw a small glass bowl in the microwave for 45 seconds and some coconut oil to the warm bowl. Once it's liquid I dump that on my head and massage it in to my scalp. 20-30 minutes later add lipogaine.

Not sure how effective it is but it makes my hair nice.

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Minoxidil is not great at penetrating the skin. With your cocos oil you're just putting the minoxidil to waste...