My new hair system, pics

jasenwm

Reaction score
Just got it yesterday what do you think?

Attachments

• 20140124_155735.jpg
    20140124_155735.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 2,104
  • 20140124_160005.jpg
    20140124_160005.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 1,447

Noah

Reaction score
That looks terrific man. What base are you wearing?

Although it already looks excellent, on your next order you might think of adding some small temple flaps to give yourself a little more density at the sides. It helps to avoid the piece looking unbalanced without you having to move the hairline back.

You're starting to wear from a shaved head, right? What reactions are you getting? Are you disclosing to people that it is a piece, or are you using a cover story?

jasenwm

Reaction score
That looks terrific man. What base are you wearing?

Although it already looks excellent, on your next order you might think of adding some small temple flaps to give yourself a little more density at the sides. It helps to avoid the piece looking unbalanced without you having to move the hairline back.

You're starting to wear from a shaved head, right? What reactions are you getting? Are you disclosing to people that it is a piece, or are you using a cover story?
Thanks man, It's a full lace base. I got a light density because my hair is fine so I wanted it to match . Yeah I'm a slick NW6 on top, I have good hair on the sides and back. I wore a hat for 2 months while I grew my hair out and told people I was getting a hair transplant. A few people I told the real deal. Most everyone says it looks great, a few that I told said I look better bald and one guy said he could never wear a piece, now mind you the guys that know are balding real bad so I don't think they are going to bust my balls about it because they look like ****. But we will see I haven't been to work yet, tommarow is my first day back. Hopefully it will look good so no one will suspect but we will see.

jasperhobbs

Reaction score
Looks great. I always wondered how much of a hassle is it putting hair piece on, caring for it and does it itch? Would be great to post pic without hair piece on for comparison.

Jasper Hobbs

jasenwm

Reaction score
Looks great. I always wondered how much of a hassle is it putting hair piece on, caring for it and does it itch? Would be great to post pic without hair piece on for comparison.

Jasper Hobbs
It's pretty easy to attach, you just tape it up and put it on really. It doesn't itch much. I have before pics in another thred ''Getting a hair system after 10 years'' That is the title of the post, something to that effect.

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
Can you tell me how much the entire thing cost and how long does it usually last? Can you add gel to it and where did you get it, thanks. Can't really look at pics on phone but look at it when I get home.

jasenwm

Reaction score
I must admit it looks great. No one outside the hair loss world could tell.

I just couldn't lie to people like you did and tell everyone I had a hair transplant.

The fear of being discovered and the maintenance would be too hard for me.

Anyway, a hair piece was never an option for me as I like to have a buzzed/nearly shaved look.
Thanks man, it does look better then expected. I did tell a few close friends what I did but the whole wig stigma thing I didn't want to here from people. People are stupid and ignorant about things they don't know much about. I didn't want to explain the hair system thing a million times to people and besides it's personal and none of there biz. I don't worry about being discovered because it looks great and if someone really asked me I have no problem admitting I wear a piece,I just don't want to get into it's ok for a female to wear this and that and have fake everything but when a guy does it it's wrong. The maintenance is minimal really, I wash my hair twice a week ,I use conditioner everyday,I wake up,spray some leave in conditioner in ,style my hair and I'm out the door. I take my piece off once a week and clean it ,re-tape it and boom! it's back on,takes me 30 mins tops. It's a full lace system so water and air go through it while your wearing so it's pretty good. It's not perfect i'll admit,itches sometimes and you do have to maintain it a bit but for what it is I think it does everything I want. Best thing really is the fact I know if I decide I don't want it anymore I can take it off and shave my head and no side affects at all. So, I've had it a little over a week now so we will see,so far so good.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you tell me how much the entire thing cost and how long does it usually last? Can you add gel to it and where did you get it, thanks. Can't really look at pics on phone but look at it when I get home.
Different places charge different prices and it depends on what kind of base you want,skin,poly,lace,etc. I have a full lace base and I get a new one every 2 months at $400.00. So it costs me $440 every 2 months,$40 for the cut in. A skin or poly base will last you 3-4 months. Lace is the lightest,brerathable and undetectible of the bases,so it is also the most fragile. You can put gel,hair spray whatever you want in it. The only diffreence is it's recommended to use products that are alcohal free as alcohal dries out the hair.

DesperateOne

Banned
Reaction score
Thanks man, it does look better then expected. I did tell a few close friends what I did but the whole wig stigma thing I didn't want to here from people. People are stupid and ignorant about things they don't know much about. I didn't want to explain the hair system thing a million times to people and besides it's personal and none of there biz. I don't worry about being discovered because it looks great and if someone really asked me I have no problem admitting I wear a piece,I just don't want to get into it's ok for a female to wear this and that and have fake everything but when a guy does it it's wrong. The maintenance is minimal really, I wash my hair twice a week ,I use conditioner everyday,I wake up,spray some leave in conditioner in ,style my hair and I'm out the door. I take my piece off once a week and clean it ,re-tape it and boom! it's back on,takes me 30 mins tops. It's a full lace system so water and air go through it while your wearing so it's pretty good. It's not perfect i'll admit,itches sometimes and you do have to maintain it a bit but for what it is I think it does everything I want. Best thing really is the fact I know if I decide I don't want it anymore I can take it off and shave my head and no side affects at all. So, I've had it a little over a week now so we will see,so far so good.

- - - Updated - - -

Different places charge different prices and it depends on what kind of base you want,skin,poly,lace,etc. I have a full lace base and I get a new one every 2 months at $400.00. So it costs me $440 every 2 months,$40 for the cut in. A skin or poly base will last you 3-4 months. Lace is the lightest,brerathable and undetectible of the bases,so it is also the most fragile. You can put gel,hair spray whatever you want in it. The only diffreence is it's recommended to use products that are alcohal free as alcohal dries out the hair.

Okay thanks, I just saw your pic and I agree that outside of hairloss, people won't notice and to tell you the truth won't care. I was thinking about getting one because I don't have male pattern baldness but something more complex which has also gotten a hold of my sides, where it is suppose to be donor hair, it is actually worse there. Do you know of cases where you can get an entire head piece? I am a diffuse thinner and still have hair left so I don't know what difference would that do.

As for the price, well I suppose in the long run to feel normal it is worth it. I agree, this stigma about only women wearing cosmetics and concealers of any kind has to stop. We may be men, but we also get have feelings and insecurities.

jasenwm

Reaction score
Okay thanks, I just saw your pic and I agree that outside of hairloss, people won't notice and to tell you the truth won't care. I was thinking about getting one because I don't have male pattern baldness but something more complex which has also gotten a hold of my sides, where it is suppose to be donor hair, it is actually worse there. Do you know of cases where you can get an entire head piece? I am a diffuse thinner and still have hair left so I don't know what difference would that do.

As for the price, well I suppose in the long run to feel normal it is worth it. I agree, this stigma about only women wearing cosmetics and concealers of any kind has to stop. We may be men, but we also get have feelings and insecurities.
I pay $400 for my systems but I have seen online you could get them for less then $200 and they look good. I have not tried from online yet but I'm going to. If you don't have enough hair on the back and sides to blend with the system you can get what is called a full cap. It's a full system that covers the sides,back,top everything. Check out ''hairdirect'' they have a lot of videos that explain everything. They also sell systems and products. I have not bought a system from them yet but I have brought products from them and the prices are reasonable.

saintsfan92344

Established Member
Reaction score
http://www.network54.com/Forum/678938/thread/1377218093/last-1391714484/Pete's+New+Full+Cap+-+Photos

I have been looking into this instead of the transplant route, systems are so much better these days and for diy'ers its around 800 a yr or so which isnt bad at all if you can achieve a realistic look. Yes its work keeping it up but what are the alternatives, for me being bald isnt and if this doesnt work out then I can go for a transplant when a better technique with some type of regeneration.

- - - Updated - - -

check this link out, its a guy with a full cap from NWL, looks really natural, browse their photos on their site also

BOBBYBOY

Reaction score
It looks good,just like one of the fellows said.let the side's grow out to make it real............good job......who did your piece????Bobbyboy [ QUOTE=jasenwm;1159226]Just got it yesterday what do you think?[/QUOTE]

baller88

Reaction score
Your hair system looks dope, considering that blending browns (or anything but black) is difficult to achieve well. $400 isn't bad, the $200 units are usually of sub-standard quality and seem to shed quicker. I've used HD before but they aren't great, I stopped using them when I discovered green hairs in my jet-black lace system but they are great for products especially in the EU were choice is very limited.

Having it looking slightly glossy with product is a good idea as it puts off people from touching it.