My New 11 month 1300 graft pictures must see!! New Update!!

Brasileirao

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Looks GOOOD main!!!

They did a very good job, that is for sure!

Anyways, what about future progression of your hairloss. Did she advise you take any medication like Propecia to hold on to what you have.

Thanks,
Tony

G

Hi there Brasileirao thanks for the comments Iam very happy with the procedure i have had done.My doctor did tell me that i can take Propecia to maintain what i have got.I choose not to take it i just will be going back in a years time to get some more performed on my crown area.It cost me roughly around the $10k Australian dollars but i would have spent anything just to get a permenant cure.

Damien

saturnsc2

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: My 6 month 1300 graft pictures must see!!

damien said:
Hi there Im a 29 male from Australia who had 1300 grafts performed on me back in June 2004 this year.Please visit my website http://www.inperth.com.au/users/damo and tell me what you think please.

Damien
nice! see my photos in the "greg's story" thread. i had 5 procedures after being a slick bald class 6. i have even more density than you! that goes to show you how much work i got!

G

Greg your pics lok great considering where you came from to start with.Do you think ill get more growth with my 1300 grafts i had performed back in June 2004 this year.Its only being 6 months for me now.

Damo

saturnsc2

Established Member
Reaction score
damien said:
Greg your pics lok great considering where you came from to start with.Do you think ill get more growth with my 1300 grafts i had performed back in June 2004 this year.Its only being 6 months for me now.

Damo
if the grafts were done in june. it takes them 3 months to go into a resting phase & then start re-growing. then the hair starts growing about a 1/2" per month. by now, all the grafts should be at styling length, so all the grafts are now fully grown. now is the time you want to look in the mirror & evaluate yourself: am i satisfied, or should i get mure surgery for more density? i'll always want more density, but it's my pocketbook that usually stops me in my tracks, not a lack of donor hair which i have tons of....

G

So your saying Greg i wont get anymore growth now even though they told me that it takes up to 15 months to see the full effect?

Damien

saturnsc2

Established Member
Reaction score
damien said:
So your saying Greg i wont get anymore growth now even though they told me that it takes up to 15 months to see the full effect?

Damien
15 months! what are they smokin? when the grafts are just transplanted, the little hairs still in the grafts will grow out a little & fall out. then they rest for 3 months as they fully heal & take root. after 3 months, they start to sprout new hairs. mine started to grow more in the 2 month range, but it's more typical for 3 months. if they were just transplanted in june, by september they should of all been growing. by now, all the grafts should be fully grown & maybe some will be shorter than others, but they should all be growing & you should be able to evaulate yourself now. i doubt if any grafts are still in the resting phase. if so, then i would be worried. i been through this 5 times & every time, it was pretty much the same as far as resting/growing goes. what class were you before your surgery? i was a class 6 & when i did my transplants, they used the larger mini/micro slit grafts, not the tiny grafts they use now. when you say you got 1300 grafts, if all those were single/double grafts, it sounds like your getting a lot of new hair transplanted but your not. you might need several sessions like that to produce the results i did with fewer sessions with larger grafts...

G

I was a nowrood 4 id say before i had it done.Im impressed so far with the results after 6 months it certainly has made a big improvement viewing my pictures wouldnt you say? Im wanting togo back later this year and get some put in my crown area and say another 800 or so grafts in the front region just to fill it in more.Most clinic's and people say that it takes a good 12-15 months to see the full results.

Damien

http://www.inperth.com.au/users/damo/

saturnsc2

Established Member
Reaction score
damien said:
I was a nowrood 4 id say before i had it done.Im impressed so far with the results after 6 months it certainly has made a big improvement viewing my pictures wouldnt you say? Im wanting togo back later this year and get some put in my crown area and say another 800 or so grafts in the front region just to fill it in more.Most clinic's and people say that it takes a good 12-15 months to see the full results.

Damien
ya, i was a norwood 6! i went slick bald on top & it's so much easier to look at my head after all the procedures. i spent most of my life with this terrible disease & never really had a life. maybe i can start a new life now! i think 12-15 months is exagerated, but whatever. my grafts grew much sooner. i guess at 12-15 months the hair would need to be cut, but you would have growth much sooner....

G

Im hoping togo back and get the crown filled in in 6 months then have say maybe another 800 in the front to dense it right up what do you think?

Damien

not me!

Experienced Member
Reaction score
saturnsc2 said:
15 months! what are they smokin? when the grafts are just transplanted, the little hairs still in the grafts will grow out a little & fall out. then they rest for 3 months as they fully heal & take root. after 3 months, they start to sprout new hairs. mine started to grow more in the 2 month range, but it's more typical for 3 months. if they were just transplanted in june, by september they should of all been growing. by now, all the grafts should be fully grown & maybe some will be shorter than others, but they should all be growing & you should be able to evaulate yourself now. i doubt if any grafts are still in the resting phase. if so, then i would be worried. i been through this 5 times & every time, it was pretty much the same as far as resting/growing goes. what class were you before your surgery? i was a class 6 & when i did my transplants, they used the larger mini/micro slit grafts, not the tiny grafts they use now. when you say you got 1300 grafts, if all those were single/double grafts, it sounds like your getting a lot of new hair transplanted but your not. you might need several sessions like that to produce the results i did with fewer sessions with larger grafts...

Eh, This is pretty far from true. At 6 months, you are considered to have around 60% growth. At 9 months, about 90% and at 12 to 15 months, the transplanted hairs are supposed to be "mature;" meaning that you are seeing the full effect.

Naturally, this timeframe can vary from person to person but it is a good guide. You can expect some more thickening from here.

All follicular-units are utilized at the present for a reason. It is the only way to get a completely natural result. Human hair does not grow in "mini/micro" fashion in neat little rows. That way may give a person the illusion of more density for a while, but if/when the hair around those "plugs" recede their true nature becomes painfully apparent.

You are looking good for 1,300 grafts. Happy growing to you.

G

Thanks for your advice im glad that i have more growth still to come then as im at the 7 month mark.To get it more dense i want togo back and get like say another 1000 grafts put in the front and say maybe 800 put in the crown that will make it look even denser is that correct.

Damien

saturnsc2

Established Member
Reaction score
damien said:
Im hoping togo back and get the crown filled in in 6 months then have say maybe another 800 in the front to dense it right up what do you think?

Damien
go for it. if you can afford it, then keep on doing it! the more the merrier! i want top do the same thing some day soon...

G

Saturn after looking at my pics if i got another 1000 grafts filled in the top to mid section that would dense it up heaps wouldnt you think after lookibg at my pics already?

Damien

saturnsc2

Established Member
Reaction score
social_drinker said:
saturnsc2 said:

Eh, This is pretty far from true. At 6 months, you are considered to have around 60% growth. At 9 months, about 90% and at 12 to 15 months, the transplanted hairs are supposed to be "mature;" meaning that you are seeing the full effect.

Naturally, this timeframe can vary from person to person but it is a good guide. You can expect some more thickening from here.

All follicular-units are utilized at the present for a reason. It is the only way to get a completely natural result. Human hair does not grow in "mini/micro" fashion in neat little rows. That way may give a person the illusion of more density for a while, but if/when the hair around those "plugs" recede their true nature becomes painfully apparent.

You are looking good for 1,300 grafts. Happy growing to you.
ya, i understand about today's follicular grafts looking more natural, but when i did my surgery, it was the micro/mini grafts that most clinics were doing then. i just called the place where i had my surgery done last week & now they are also doing those follicular units, so i will receive those the next time i go in. my results with the older grafts still look natural though. i can't really see any lines or rows of grafts. the hairline looks natural too. the work i got was the best for the day. i posted pics of me in the "gregs story" thread. since i was a class 6 with no hair left on top, i have no hair to recede around the plugs, so there is no worries of any detection. all my top hair now is permenant transplanted hair....

G

Im happy that things are looking great for you Saturn.But as i was saying that with another 1000 grafts put onto my head in 6 months times mine will be heaps thicker considering my hair at the moment dont you think.Im also gonna get about 800 put in the crown area.

Damien

saturnsc2

Established Member
Reaction score
damien said:
Im happy that things are looking great for you Saturn.But as i was saying that with another 1000 grafts put onto my head in 6 months times mine will be heaps thicker considering my hair at the moment dont you think.Im also gonna get about 800 put in the crown area.

Damien
absolutely! more grafts, more density. after the next procedure & when those grafts are grown to styling length, then you have to evalulate your self again & then decide if you still want to go in for more, or just stay stop. good luck! post more pics when those grafts grow....

saturnsc2

Established Member
Reaction score
dude, i just looked at your pre-surgery pics & i must warn you that since you still have a substantial amount of your original hair left on top, that hair still can fall out over time leaving the transplanted hair & requiring surgical revision in the future. my hair loss pattern was set in with pretty much with no hair left on top other than peach fuzz & no chance of any hair thinning out over time since all my top is now permanent transplanted hair....