My hair piece arrived. Problem solved. (shampoo)

CCS

Reaction score
When I first opened the box, I wondered where my templates were, since I requested they be returned. I found them in there 5 minutes later. It all was there. I was slow and careful.

I see how they shape it: they cut and overlap parts to get the curvature, but the overlap is further back. I put the lace against my finger, and it disappeared well.

At first I thought the color was too dark, but when I held it to my head and looked in the mirror, I saw that it was exact, or at most 1/3 shade darker. I can't tell. At worst I have more time before I have to dye it again.

At first I could not tell where the excess was, and the piece began, and was not sure if they even matched my shape. But then I looked from underneath and finally recognized the shape. They matched it alright.

Looking at individual hairs suspended in mid air is very difficult to understand. It is hard to know what I'm looking at. I have not yet put it on, and it looks so thin. I'm sure it will be thicker than my grafts by at least 20%, but I'll be amazed if it matches my other hair. I've read many times that you should not judge the thickness until you put it on your head, when it looks a lot thicker then. But in the worst case, no one will know I'm wearing if my density has not changed.

The hair is 3 inches long, and curly. I'm going to try cutting it down to 2 inches before putting it on my head so it does not get tangled.

It also lays very flat. I asked for forwards vent, but this is very flat. I hope that does not give me away. Maybe next time I'll ask for spiky.

The hair looks brand new. Just as healthy as my hair. The caliper looks good too.

I'm trying to count the knots on each hexagon to make sure it is 3 each, but it is so hard to see with my eyes. I need glasses. The knots are bleached, but are close to skin darkness.

This definitely is an improvement over being bald, but I just don't know how undetectable it would be to a woman playing with hair. Worst case I just shave my head again.

CCS

Reaction score
Re: My (bad) hair piece arrived

And I just have to add:

The ST30 tape is 3x as thick as swiss lace. I'm definitely only using that for swimming.

Coolpiece got my UPS box in the mail on the 19th of December, and I got my two front pieces on the 12th of February. A week before it arrived, I got an email with a tracking number telling me the day it would be here. Very good packaging too. No way anyone would guess anything was up.

I have a lot of school work now. So maybe I should wait till this weekend to try it on. If I knew it would be thick and look great I'd put it on right now. I wish I had that lace sample so I could glue it to my forehead and leave it on overnight.

I ordered coolpiece density 80% graduated to 90%. I think I'll get at least 100% next time, unless this looks amazingly thicker on my head. This is the same as Toplace 65%, and really is see through.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Re: My hair piece arrived

Hell yeah!

I really hope this works out for you, CCS. You've done your homework, so the least you deserve is a good piece.

Goodluck!

CCS

Reaction score

Aplunk1 said:
Hell yeah!

I really hope this works out for you, CCS. You've done your homework, so the least you deserve is a good piece.

Goodluck!

From the looks of it, I'm sure it will be hidden to sight. I just hope it's thick enough. I also get the feeling it is not completely undetectable to touch. We'll see. The way the basebond comes off so easily, I think I'll wear it in the day and have my piece off at night. Does not look like any women will be knocking any time soon, so I can do that.

I wish I had my own place and no school for a few days. Then I'd buzz a little, take a break, buzz some more, make measurements, trim my piece, and eventually get around to putting it on a day later. But I don't have that luxury, so if I do it, I have to do it till it is done, and if it turns into a project, it will eat my homework time.

CCS

Reaction score

I just gave it a hair cut. Most of the temple hairs are now 1 inch, and most of the rest of the hairs are now 2 inches. They are a bit off, but no issues. At least they are shorter so they won't get in the way as much.

Basebond stinks, at least when it is drying. I'll order small containers of other glues to see how they are. I only got basebond because I heard it dries non-sticky, but it does not on me.

I washed my forehead and put two layers of basebond on the center, then attached a 1 inch by 1/2 inch strip of excess lace to the area. The glue hid the lace pattern. But the lace makes that part of the forehead a shade darker than the rest. I see a rectangular shadow on my forehead. I guess that is not a big issue. The who goal of dermmatch was to have a shaddow anyway, though this one will be sudden. It should be less hidden under the hair though. I'll sleep with this on, and then see how much water it can handle.

As for the lace, I'm now wondering if I should go with a transparent lace. Even though this lace is a bit lighter than my skin, it still makes my forehead look darker. I'll wear the piece. But it is not yet battle ready.

I can't tell I have the lace on my head unless I frown. Even then, it bends with my skin just fine. It just resists a little.

CCS

Reaction score

As I drag my finger over it, there is NO edge. The basebond is still sticky, but the lace keeps me from touching the basebond once my finger is on the lace. The lace is smooth, but not as smooth as my skin. It is flexible, but just not as flexible as my skin. It feels almost like skin, but just a bit rough. It would pass the feel test, but but when I press down, my finger does come in contact with the glue underneath. So when I put pressure on the basebond to make it hold, it held my finger too. I'll have to buy that glue sealer.

CCS

Reaction score

Aplunk1 said:
CCS,
you've got me interested in trying one out. :)

Good grief. I've seen your hair. It looks perfect, unless the camera was playing tricks on me. Wait for me to get this thing on and try the glue sealer.

Aplunk1

Reaction score

Yeah, I know, but I'd be interested in having PERFECT hair-- just to a few weekend nights to see if my chances increase with women. I'd lower it a quarter inch.

CCS

Reaction score

dhgdhdg

Hans Gruber

Reaction score

congrats ccs,do we get to see pics once you have it on?

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score

CCS you do know the weekend is ages away. Will you really wait until then? I am interest to see what it will look like.

Aplunk you do not need a hair piece.

CCS

Reaction score

I held it up against my forehead. It looks a lot thicker in the mirror, with skin behind it. Next to my hairline, the piece looked twice as thick. I'm still not convinced, but this does give me more hope that it will be a good density. I also hope it does not lay down too flat. I want it to lift up 45 degrees, but right now it seems to be lifted only 20 degrees or less. Now that I understand what to ask for, I'll give better directions next time.

I trimmed more lace. It is so difficult to know where to cut when these tiny hairs are just suspended in mide air and about the same diameter as the lace. They also like to hug the lace, and I'm trying not to cut the hairs.

IBM

Reaction score

CCS pics please. If it looks perfect then i'll use an hair piece too.

CCS

Reaction score

This is the trouble I'm dealing with. I need to cut it shorter so the curls are not so bad. And it is laying so extremely flat. Next time I'll ask for free style or spiky.

I also think it is too dark.

In this picture it looks like a horrible wig. I just hope I can get it working. I just wish I could know it would work, before I shave my front and dive in.

CCS

Reaction score

I got it to the right length, but the piece quality seems very bad:

The hairs are grouped in 3 rows, which stay together because they curl a different direction. Unless Coolpiece tells me how to fix that problem without gel, I'm not buying from them again. Unfortunately, now that I cut one of them in, I don't think I can return it. I'll email them though to see if there is a way to get all the hairs going the same direction.

I'm about to order a freestyle from hollywood lace, and not shave my head yet.

bubka

Reaction score

I think it looks pretty good, get the length right, and go knock on that chicks door... well hello there

MichiganBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score

Its brand new and needs to be worn in, like a new pair of jeans.
You need to "train" the hairs by getting it wet and styling it the way you want it to a few times, let it wear in for a few days.
When they are curly looking like that, you`d be surprised how much of that curl will come out just by brushing it a few times, while its dry not wet.

eta-
Alot of guys have said dont order from hollywoodlace. If you want to try another supplier on the cheap, use finalhair.com

CCS

Reaction score

I got it a little straighter, but it still looks really bad, and lays down too much. It is thicker than my grafts, but I just hat the locks. My side hair has no locks at all. Neither does my top. I really wish I'd gone straight and free style.

I can wear it in like he says, but I'll be outed by the first person who sees me and every person after that until it finally, hopefully, fixes itself.

CCS

Reaction score

Here is Jeffery's response to me:

Any wave or curl is introduced to hair by wrapping sections of hair around a rod and applying perm solution. If you ordered 3.0 cm, then the photos are showing the correct wavelength (30mm across a we curl).

When a new hairpiece comes, you still see the wave as it came off the rod. Just shampoo it, and gently comb it with your fingers and you'll have the same effect as if it were your real hair further back.

The hair is also long right now and long new hair lays flat. You'll see that when it is cut to your final length it will have all the lift that you need and look very much like your real hair further back.

By all means do this before you shave, but this is normal and correct from what I see in your picture.