My hair loss

sparse

Reaction score
Hi ,I,m new to this board and I have a question. I wear a hairpiece because i,m embarrassed by my hairloss. It,s human hair and it,s virtually undetectable. The only drawback is that if someday i meet my significant other,how do i confess about wearing a piece? Some people take that up as false advertising. They think they,re getting what they see and don,t know there,s a whole other look under there. I can,t stop wearing one because baldness makes me very self conscious. I,m really between a rock and a hard place here because i can,t stop wearing it and yet i feel like i,m hiding something from others. Any suggestions?

Vinton Harper

Established Member
Reaction score
If she starts bitching at you for wearing a hairpiece just remind her that lipstick, eye shadow, eye liner, false eyelashes, and rouge aren't exactly natural either. Except maybe on a clown.

venden

Reaction score
Absolutely, great answer. People try to enchance there looks via clothing, hair styles,etc. Teeth whitening ,veneers face lifts I could go on and on.

Brain123

Reaction score
Well you could see it as the perfect test. If she'll leave you for this matter then she's not worth it and its better finding it out in the beginning then after 10 years of marriage...

Best wishes,
Brain

freddie480

Reaction score
Honestly, why even tell her at all? I suppose it is possible, though difficult, to get away with it?

MichiganBaldy

Established Member
Reaction score
Its not false advertising, its just like wearing clothing. As long as it looks natural and not fake like a wig, then you`re alright.
Trust me, the more non-chalant you are about the whole thing, the better your experience, and others reactions, will be.
If you treat it like its no big deal, then people will think its no big deal.
But if you act all insecure about it, and ask people for their approval and become obsessed with it, then it will be a negative experience.

Think of it this way, what you see IS what you get, when people look at me they`ll see someone who had a problem with his hairloss, and he did something about it.
Because thats the kind of man I am, I dont just lie down and accept what happens to me, I put my foot down and demand a better option.
I dont care if that puts me in line for possible ridicule. DONT CARE what others think.
This is my decision, my business.
It does need to look good and natural though, otherwise all bets are off...

iclimb

Reaction score
The problem with that is the fact that socially, women wearing cosmetics is "acceptable" while men wearing hair is not. If she's got it in her head that people who wear hair are commiting "fraud" or something, you're not going to be able to debate your way to her seeing otherwise. Trying to equate it with lipstick or eyeshadow is just going to make you sound defensive and insecure and grasping at straws.

All you can do is say "I like the way I look better this way. If that's a problem then I can go find someone else to be with" and then point her to the door.

Vinton Harper said:
If she starts bitching at you for wearing a hairpiece just remind her that lipstick, eye shadow, eye liner, false eyelashes, and rouge aren't exactly natural either. Except maybe on a clown.