My final assessment of dermmatch (I promiss no more threads)

CCS

Reaction score
It makes your scalp look like it has a shaddow on it, but also is close to the color of your hair. It makes the scalp far less noticeable, and is not noticeable close up.

It can look odd if you see a shaddow where there should not be one, so just put the shaddow where there would be one if you had hair there. I can lower my hairline 1/4 inch in one of the corners because my hair kind of hangs over. That would bite me in the wrong lighting or if I brushed my hair back or someone else did, so you may want to keep it withing the hair zone.

It does not come off in workout sweat or light rain, but might come off in the pool. Some people are luckier than others.

It is great for thickening and darkening vellus hairs. Absolutely fantastice for diffuse thinners who want to put it on the hair shaft itself.

Also helps hair transplant people with low density. It will look like hair from far away, but up close, it does not look like locks of hair. But at least it has the right color and does not look like scalp.

After it drys in 15 minutes, you can't feel it at all. It will not come out in your hands unless you use a lot. It does not come out in my sheets. If you use a lot, you can see a little powder on your white shites. If at a date's place with white sheets, maybe put your inside out shirt on the pillow after the lights are out. It will get on your finger tips only if you grind them into your scalp, and most will stay on the scalp.

It is difficult for me to see in the mirror even when I part my hair, shine a light, and look for it. Very hard. I saw it a few times when I used too much.

Been using it over a month, and barely used 1% of it. I apply it to an area that is 7 inches by 1 inch. This takes me about 2 minutes.

There are many ways people apply it, and many are wrong. It really is easy and fast if you do it right with some common sense. Less is more, and don't do anything fancy. The brushes provided work just fine.

No woman is expecting this stuff. Most college students, or people in general, don't know it exists. Even if someone somehow sees it because you used to much, they will probably think you have dirt on your scalp and need to take a shower. If they somehow saw it and you used a small amount, they may think that is a wierd place to have a tan, or that your hair looks thicker in that area than the other areas. I've seen many NW1's with uneven thickness or thin spots, or it appears that way one day and they look different the next. My hair looks different to me each day. It is all about angles and lighting and perception, and people know this. They will not suspect anything unless you tell them. DO NOT tell women. They are NOT on your side. Just enjoy the perks.

This $35 was money well spent. I was pursuaded by the money back guarantee. I hope the color matches you as well as mine matches me. I still really want HM, but dermmatch will make the years a lot more bareable.

CCS

Reaction score
never tried it. Most of my thinness is near the hair line. And I need something that can't be felt when someone puts her hands in my hair.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
never tried it. Most of my thinness is near the hair line. And I need something that can't be felt when someone puts her hands in my hair.

why how many girls are running their hands thru your hair? :p

CCS

Reaction score
none now. I had one do it a few months ago, though. Not with dermmatch, though.

hopewas

Reaction score
i actually shower without using shampoo after i put dermmatch on..it makes the dermmatch look more natural by taking excess residue. i've gone swimming with it on. it doesn't come off..it just not as dark as when you first put it on. my suggestion. don't constantly put your head under water. any idiot can come up with that conclusion

XenonII

Reaction score
Important Question!

Do these concealears just color your scalp or do they actually thicken your hair?

Toppik claims to actually thicken your hair "ToPPIK HAIR BUILDING FIBRES are organic, electrostatically "magnetised" hair fibres that bind to your hair to build density instantly. By combining Toppik fibres with your own thiniing hair, you will actually see a thicker fuller head of hair - instantly."

Personally, I have found the above outlandish claim to be bullshit. They sit on your hair and do nothing. They certainly don't thicken it and they don't even conceal thinning areas because I can still through see them!

Perhaps i'm not putting enough on but i'm giving the container a good few shakes (I don't wanna use it all up too quickly and there's no indication how much i've used so far). My hair is about 2 inches long on top but only about 1/2 inch long around the sides because I like to keep it shorter like that, but I don't put it around the sides anyway.

Now in the book that came with my first order it says about these concealers "The basic principle behind all these products is to remove the contrast between hair and skin.'

So which is it? If it just "paints your scalp" to a color similar to your hair why are they claiming it THICKENS YOUR HAIR? I have seen no evidence of that. I have seen no evidence that Toppik does ANYTHING whatsoever!

How would Dermmatch be any differrent? I really need something that WORKS rather than promises the world and delivers nothing!

CCS

Reaction score
it will coat whatever you put it on. I coat clear vellus hairs with it. It makes them thicker and the same collor as my other hair. I can't tell them from normal hairs except that they are shorter.

Anyway, I grew my middle hair 2 inches long and have been combing it forwards over some thin spots. I can't see them right now. Manybe they are gone? Or did I put Dermmatch there. No way to know till I take a shower. If I can reproduce this consistently, I buzz off that longer hair.

newguy23

Reaction score
CSS how do you preare the dermmatch before you apply it. do you wet the white applicator that they give you or do you just use the dry applicator on the dry dermmatch disc.

CCS

Reaction score
I don't wet it at all. Maybe I should. maybe that would make it penetrate more and be more water proof. But I just apply it dry. I just put the tip of the brush in, drag it half an inch with light to moderate pressure in the dish, dab or lightly rub it on my hair. If i get a spot too dark, I rub it with my finger tip. that spreads it a little, but mostly errases it. I go around, parting the course hairs, or thickening the thin hairs, and get and even layer everywhere. Really thin is best. I then look through my hair at differnet angles to to see that no dark spots show, but also no scalp is noticeable. Takes 2 minutes to cover my NW3 difuse area. I use very little, and dont' get any in the sink. No powder anywhere, except a little on my finger tip if I had to errase. In 15 minutes, I put my hands through my hair several times to make sure it feels smooth, and I'm good to go.

CCS

Reaction score
btw, someone on here asked me if I work for dermmatch. I replied:

"do you think dermmatch would post 6000 posts over a year period about completely different stuff, and then a few months ago start pushing dermmatch?"

heh. just read any of my posts about how to attract women, or read all my workout research. Do you think dermmatch gets accounts on here, and then bribes senior posters? That would be a more logical theory. It could bite them if it got reported to a moderator though. and it would take a while for them to prove they are going to send funds, which would be more proof to give to the mods. maybe good grounds for black mail. Nope, i don't work for dermmatch. I'm just glad their light brown matches me so closely. I don't know how effective mixing shades is, or how difficult.

threats77

Established Member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent said:
btw, someone on here asked me if I work for dermmatch. I replied:

"do you think dermmatch would post 6000 posts over a year period about completely different stuff, and then a few months ago start pushing dermmatch?"

heh. just read any of my posts about how to attract women, or read all my workout research. Do you think dermmatch gets accounts on here, and then bribes senior posters? That would be a more logical theory. It could bite them if it got reported to a moderator though. and it would take a while for them to prove they are going to send funds, which would be more proof to give to the mods. maybe good grounds for black mail. Nope, i don't work for dermmatch. I'm just glad their light brown matches me so closely. I don't know how effective mixing shades is, or how difficult.

ive been on this forum for about a year and a half,i rarely post,i can say this guy is just really surprised at how good this stuff really is,hell i was amazed at how awesome it is,so hes right on saying they wouldnt waste there time doing that kind of stuff,hands down this stuff works great,i really dont see how people can like toppik,that stuff doesnt say in at all, its hard to believe that it,but apparently some people love that junk,o well to each his own!

CCS

Reaction score
dermmatch can be used to coat hairs just like topik can. Not sure if a thick coat would not come off, though. But you can definitely color your hairs with a fine coat and that will stay on. Again, I don't voach for underwater swimming like others have.

NedFlanders

Established Member
Reaction score
collegechemistrystudent do you think it would work for me if I use it this way. I just wash my hair twice a week, Wed. and Sat., but I wet my hands run them through my hair and than try to style it everyday. So for example, say I use Dermmatch on Sunday get up on Mon. morning and than just wet my hair and style it will the Dermmatch stay on, or will me just wetting my hair make the Dermmatch come out?

s.a.f

Reaction score
CCS do you find that dermatch melts/runs in strong sunlight?

CCS

Reaction score
NedFlanders said:
collegechemistrystudent do you think it would work for me if I use it this way. I just wash my hair twice a week, Wed. and Sat., but I wet my hands run them through my hair and than try to style it everyday. So for example, say I use Dermmatch on Sunday get up on Mon. morning and than just wet my hair and style it will the Dermmatch stay on, or will me just wetting my hair make the Dermmatch come out?

it depends how much water you use. light rain is not an issue. swimming under water and running your hands through your hair would definitely remove it. Don't rub your scalp if it is covered in thick water. But if you just get your hair a little wet, and run your fingers through your hair, and towel dry, I'm sure you will only lose 10-20%.

s.a.f

Reaction score
NedFlanders said:

Use one of those water sprays that just spray a fine mist. Spray just enough to get the hair damp enough to style.

Whyatt

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: Important Question!

XenonII said:
I have seen no evidence that Toppik does ANYTHING whatsoever!

Toppik provides a visual thickness. Applying the powder needs some technique and I believe the "pump" makes this procedure a whole lot easier.

I wonder if these other products in the concealer group, can beat Toppik...anyone tried Organin or Super million Hair?

recognition2

Established Member
Reaction score
Dermatch is the best concealer, but it tends to stiffen the hairs a little.