My daughter has very little hair

wishforhair

Reaction score
Hello.

I've just joined this forum just to share about my daughter's hair problem (she's 5), I wish there was someone out there with something similar and a cure!

Nobody really knows what's wrong and I don't think it's alopecia because she has hair. BUT her hair has not really grown in the last 4 years. It's only an inch long and stays an inch long. It's fluffy, fine and like baby hair. It basically grows to about an inch, falls out and grows again and falls out....

I'm sad because she does look like a boy with such short hair and is often called a boy. She's starting to realise that her hair is not growing and asks me when she'll have long hair - it really breaks my heart to tell her, she just will always have short hair.

Big hugs to all parents with children with hair problems.

Y

hope4b

Reaction score
Have you ever looked into short anagen syndrome? Just a thought.

My daughter started losing her hair earlier this year. There's been some regrowth (about an inch) but it's very fine, cotton candy like texture. Unfortunately, this new hair is starting to fall out now. Does your daughter's hair fall out to the point where you can see her scalp?

I feel so alone in this situation and even though our daughters may not be going through the same thing, it's nice to know there's support out there!

diazma16

Reaction score
wishforhair,

I am a single father in the exact same situation. My daughter who has been to 3 different doctors, is an extremely healthy eater (fruits, vegetables etc.) loves to try different things and is not allergic to anything. Her hair seems to be getting thicker but only grows longer around her ears and only to about an inch. I dress her in pink and girlie-girl clothes so that she doesn't get mistaken as a boy. People do stare and ask if that's how I cut her hair. I put clips in her hair and she wears pink glasses. Thanks God, she is an angel and everyone loves her in her school but I am concerned as well. I see that you haven't posted in a while but as soon as I read your blog I said to myself, wow this seems to similar. If anything changes please let me know.

Thanks and good luck.