My 6th month on Xandrox update

JayB

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It will be 6 months March 11th since I started using Xandrox. I must say I loved this product when i first began using it. The results i had were nothing short of miraculous. My entire head of hair thickened up, i stopped posting, and stopped worrying about my hair loss. I styled it spikey all over with gel again and took pictures with bright flashes...it was a liberating feeling.

But, of course, now at around the 5-6 month mark, my hair has taken another turn. I seem to have undergone another shed and my hair feels different again. It feels thinner all over. not just the areas of male pattern baldness, the back and sides which i was spiking up as well must have partaken in the shed because they feel weak and fly-away as well. This is really really hard to endure..i thought that I was in the clear.

Ive read on the boards of people shedding around this marker(especially women using rogaine) and it growing back thicker again, but i wish i could get myself to be optimistic again. i think mind-set makes a difference. Im depressed again and just sad that im back feeling like this. I stopped using the one with propylene glycol in it because it irritated my scalp. Strange timing that within 2 months of switching to the non-PPG version, my hair looks like crap again. That, and alternating with T/Sal(which i began using 2months ago) in rotation with Nizoral have been the only changes that I made to my regimen. This really really sucks.

techprof

Experienced Member
Reaction score
jayb,
sorry to hear that. I used to be a xandrox 5 and 15 fan. Not anymore. I am using it for 18 months. Xandrox 5 gives the illusion of more hair because of the acid. It makes your hair look thicker after it dries.
In my opinion, the additional 20$ for azelaic acid is better spent on SODs like Dr. Proctor's spintraps or folligen or tricomin.
I have moved from NW6 to NW5. (what is the big difference anyway). So xandrox works, but mostly only because of its minoxidil.

JJason

Reaction score
JayB,

Dude, I'm in the same boat as you...I used regular 5% for about 3.5 years when I noticed my hair shedding again so I switched over to Xandrox15 Sept 15/05. It worked great for the first 4-5 months until I recently noticed my hair shedding again, and not just thin hairs but real thick ones - just short of the 6 month mark...

I'm wondering how the initial great results could turn around so quickly...hopefully it's just a temporary shed...

I might email Dr Lee to get his input...lets keep eachother posted on our progress....