MSM vs Biotin vs Silica

ByggareBob

Reaction score
I am thinking about adding some supplements to my regimen.
A lot people on HairLossTalk.com.com seems to think that MSM, Biotin and Silica is useless, and of course none of them can stop male pattern baldness, but is there anyone that got thicker hair by using any of these products?
I am not sure which one to get MSM, Biotin or Silica... maybe all 3? :innocent:

JLL

Established Member
Reaction score
They are all useless.

MSM has never been shown to increase hair growth; biotin only helps if you're deficient (and you most likely aren't), and taking 5 mg biotin daily didn't do anything for me; silica by itself is useless as it's not bioavailable, although orthosilicic acid (such as in BioSil and JarroSil) may increase hair and nail thickness. That said, I haven't seen any results yet from taking BioSil and JarroSil.

If you want to experiment, I'd go with things that haven't already been tried a thousand times and shown to be disappointments. I mean, that's one reason I do these experiments on myself and share them on my blog: so that not everyone would have to waste their money on this stuff. There's a million things that look more promising than MSM, biotin or silica.

Kurdt

Reaction score
I don't think supplements will help unless you have really unhealthy eating habits.

james555

Reaction score
thats a stupid statement to make - for any research that shows effectiveness, it is not publically displayed like that. Do you think companies are stupid, they will invest millions of pounds and then share the research. Some people in this forum need a reality check rather than sitting on the computer all day.

Goldee Lox

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In my experience MSM has helped my hair.. not saying it's some wonder pill, but it helped improve the health of my hair.

jk1okay

Reaction score
I've been on MSM for a week now I will let you know in a month if it has done anything for me

Gears4man

My Regimen
Reaction score
Can they speed up hair growth and at least improve hair quality and texture? Looking to add silica and biotin to boost hair growth speed.
Prsonally for me they make my existing hair Look a bit thicker. And yes it makes my hair grow insanely fast. Like twice the normal speed