Mr. T's Story

MrT_12

Reaction score
I'll try to keep it short..First noticed hair loss at the age of 22 when a friend mentioned it. I'm now glad that he did or I may have gone on a lot longer without doing anything about it.

Started taking Propecia with Nizoral a few months later in April 2003. After about 2 months or so, I started shedding heavily - I would notice at least 15 hairs in my hands every time I showered. This went on for about 2 months. At around month 5, my shedding decreased but did not stop. I am now almost through with 10 months on Propecia. My hair has gotten noticibly worse since I started taking it. It has thinned all over and my scalp is slightly visible in the light. However I am encouraged that my hair loss seems to be slowing down considerably..I'm hoping I'm just a slow responder. Now I'm noticing only 5 or 6 hairs in my hands each time I shampoo.

I would appreciate any advice or experiences from slow responders to Propecia. I'm hoping my hair will grow back to what it was when I first started taking it. It seems like it is working but still I have grown NO new hair and the hair that I lost while ON Propecia still hasn't grown back.

MrT_12

Reaction score
You may be right, but wouldn't it make sense that the hairs I lost while ON propecia should grow back healthier (if it is indeed working)? I just can't see myself using minoxidil for the rest of my life...

Rudiratlos

Reaction score
dont use minoxidil...even when u respond well to it..in the end it doesnt do anything for u,(it doesnt block DHT)....it is known that minoxidil causes sheds..

use nizoral...2%..... it takes a bit longer for results. but..the are several studies that show that the finasteride + nizoral combo works better than finasteride alone..

G

Rudiratlos said:
dont use minoxidil...even when u respond well to it..in the end it doesnt do anything for u,(it doesnt block DHT)....it is known that minoxidil causes sheds..

use nizoral...2%..... it takes a bit longer for results. but..the are several studies that show that the finasteride + nizoral combo works better than finasteride alone..

Yes, and there are studies that show that finasteride AND minoxidil work the best of all combos. Add TGEL and you are all set.

Based on studies that is!