More vivid dreams.. finasteride side effect.

tele

My Regimen
Reaction score
An odd side effect I've noticed in my short time on finasteride.. My dreams are more complex. I remember them better and they're always of a peculiar nature.

Call me crazy if you will, but it's totally true.
I noticed my dreams became more vivid when my hormones stabilized about 6 months ago. Not sure what it all means, but this could be a good sign for you.

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
ZINC man

That sh*t gives you the most amazing dreams. Kinda don't want to wake up is how awesome and surreal they are.

NormanNorwood

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Zinc has so many health benefits! I started taking it at 20 years old because of all the health benefits.. Little did I know I would be taking it still at 22 for rapid hair loss haha. Can't say I've had any funky dreams though!

Why would your hormone levels effect dreams though?

LDM88

Reaction score
I've had weird dreams but that could be do with Sertraline, however they seem nightly ever since I started finasteride but they're not BAD dreams, just very random.

Woodyy

Reaction score
Probably a bit of a weird thing to say on an Internet forum but I remember within my first few weeks on finasteride I had my first wet dream since I was about 12..

Also about zinc, it's actually a great idea to take it alongside finasteride as it acts as a natural aromatase inhibitor. I've never suffered from side effects from finasteride but the ones I'm most intent on keeping at bay are the estrogen related ones, I'm pretty sure zinc is good for this..

Masoud

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi , you're so damn right . couple of days ago i took my first Finastride pill in my life and then i had very vivid dreams .
i haven't had such tangible dreams in my whole life . wow
Today i took another pill and noticed that as soon as i close my eyes in bed i start dreaming .
I'm really worried but also curious about this dreaming changes indeed .

Last edited:

ZZmop

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi , you're so damn right . couple of days ago i took my first Finastride pill in my life and then i had very vivid dreams .
i haven't had such tactile dreams in my whole life . wow
Today i took another pill and noticed that as soon as i close my eyes in bed i start dreaming .
I'm really worried but also curious about this dreaming changes indeed .

Googled “Finasteride dreams” at 3am this morning and this thread popped up, good ol HairLossTalk.com.

I too am only a few days into using finasteride for the first time and this has also been my experience. Very vivid mental imagery and like the dream has started before I’ve fallen asleep. Was happening mere seconds after closing my eyes.

Has anybody else using finasteride had this side effect before? If so, did it subside after persevering for a while? I’ve noticed no sexual sides nor brain fog thus far but I wasn’t even aware that finasteride could disturb one’s sleep in such a way. I’ll be honest, it was quite unpleasant and if that was to be a mainstay of using the drug, I’d have to drop it as I only managed four hours of bad sleep last night and sleep is something I hardly ever struggle with. I want to give finasteride a fair shot so hoping others here can reassure me this subsides.

Masoud

My Regimen
Reaction score
Googled “Finasteride dreams” at 3am this morning and this thread popped up, good ol HairLossTalk.com.

I too am only a few days into using finasteride for the first time and this has also been my experience. Very vivid mental imagery and like the dream has started before I’ve fallen asleep. Was happening mere seconds after closing my eyes.

Has anybody else using finasteride had this side effect before? If so, did it subside after persevering for a while? I’ve noticed no sexual sides nor brain fog thus far but I wasn’t even aware that finasteride could disturb one’s sleep in such a way. I’ll be honest, it was quite unpleasant and if that was to be a mainstay of using the drug, I’d have to drop it as I only managed four hours of bad sleep last night and sleep is something I hardly ever struggle with. I want to give finasteride a fair shot so hoping others here can reassure me this subsides.
this is my experince :
The sleep side effect only lasts one week or two after you start taking the medicine .
then you go back to seeing normal dreams that are hard to remember .

Manochoice

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
An odd side effect I've noticed in my short time on finasteride.. My dreams are more complex. I remember them better and they're always of a peculiar nature.

I don't know if they are related but if this is the only side, kudos to you my man! Intense dreams and hair gains... Damn you are in Paradise

Masoud

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know if they are related but if this is the only side, kudos to you my man! Intense dreams and hair gains... Damn you are in Paradise
absolutely this is not the only one . it has a lot of side effects for every patient but at different levels .

StevenGerrard

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
are you sure about this? I haven't had a proper dream in ages. It's like my mind turns off (whenever I go to sleep) and I wake up the next day as if nothing happened during the entire night.

Oscar66

Established Member
Reaction score

I hop on and off finasteride every now and then. When I get back on finasteride, If I take more than 1/2 pill to start, I have f*cked up vivid dreams full of detail. It's like I'm hallucinating in my dreams, if that's possible.
It only last (off and on) for the first week or so.

Mask of Sanity

My Regimen
Reaction score
I had a lot of vivid and crazy dreams on finasteride and saw palmetto. Same kind of effect as when I used acetylcholine supplements or acetylcholinesterase inhibitors a while ago. It seems like 5ar inhibitors may interact with the cholinergic system.
I googled and found a study that relates to this statement: pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33249331/

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I had a lot of vivid and crazy dreams on finasteride and saw palmetto. Same kind of effect as when I used acetylcholine supplements or acetylcholinesterase inhibitors a while ago. It seems like 5ar inhibitors may interact with the cholinergic system.
I googled and found a study that relates to this statement: pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33249331/
Try trazadone. Now people will be sucking down serona to trip and I hope it true because it doesn't grow hair but it might shrink the prostate which is worthwhile but it might crowd out finasteride. People should start dealing finasteride in school yards for the really big bucks it might bring. School kids preserved from all baldness floating around on a finasteride cloud and even if they do go bald, who cares man?<voice of Chong>

dudealpha

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It would be hilarious to see the FDA approve finasteride for people who want more dreams