More often urination due to dutasteride! Why?

Jacky81

Established Member
Reaction score
I am on dutasteride since about 35 Days - and i must do 1-3 times often urination a day than before i have been on dutasteride. What is the reason? My prostate got smaller?

Aplunk1

Reaction score
I pee a lot more than that!
I go about 2 times, or maybe once per hour. Is that normal?

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
Don't know why you're peeing more often - I've not experienced any change myself - but for 35 days of dutasteride to shrink the prostate to that extent would be an incredible rate of change, in my un-scientific opinion.

Aplunk1, what the hell are you drinking? More to the point, how much are you drinking?

Slarti

powersam

Reaction score
takes about 2 weeks for dutasteride to build up to usable levels in the system as well i'm told. so take 14 days away from his 35. no reason though, why the prostate wouldn't shrink quite quickly once body actually started using the drug. pissing a lot in itself is definately not a bad thing unless you dont have control over it. keeps your kidneys clean.

nb/ i noticed no increase in the amount of times i went to the toilet while on dutasteride, but i always go every few hours anyway.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Geez, now I feel like a freak. I guess I do drink a lot of fluids throughout the day. I take a medication called Strattera, which helps calm me down, and it makes me dehydrated. So... I guess the fact that I am going several times per hour is probably a combination of two or more medications.