mirrors-psychology-baldness

thylax

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Things I have noticed about mirrors:
First of all, not only we feel more bald in some mirrors and less bald in others, but we also feel more handsome in some and more ugly in others. That is based on the light/backround AND our current psychological situation. When I am fine and look at my bathroom mirror I feel I am like Larry Scott but when I am depressed I feel fucked up.
What should we take under account?
Possibly the "good" mirrors, because we are the worst judges of ourselves and because when we look at a mirror we look straight at our baldness or at the other bad points of our faces that make us unhappy and tend to overestimate the situation. This is not other people do when they look at us. We concentrate on something that make us unhappy and take under no account the other 9 good things of our faces.

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
I agree with you a lot on what you say. I look at myself in a bad light and mirror room and my hair looks like sh*t and I'm also in a bad mood.

All of the people to that I mention my baldness say they haven't even noticed it and says it looks fine.

Strat54

Established Member
Reaction score
“What is reflected in the mirror?â€￾ he asks.

It’s me; I’m reflected in the mirror.

“No no no,â€￾ he slowly shook his head, “it’s the Idea of you.â€￾ He went on, “You place yourself in the mirror. It is not you who cast the image, but the thought of you, a pure form. A preconceived notion, a priori.â€￾

He leans back and studies me, “Tell me, in your mirror, do you see a true distinct you?â€￾

Without hesitation i lean forward and tell him, “Instinctively. It’s instinctive to conceptualize yourself. Instinctive to place you self in nature. Nature has harmony. Humanity strives for balance. It’s scientific, the mirror. It’s scientifically proven that a mirror reflects in exact proportion what we perceive to be real, what we can reach out and touch.â€￾

“How do you know that what you are seeing is in exact proportion to the Idea of it’s true exactness?â€￾

Trebor

Reaction score
I hate vanity... Satan loves it!

RP

Established Member
Reaction score
i'm always looking on mirrors and glasses (of cars for example). Now i find myself very ugly without any glory. But life goes on.

Same here. I`ve developed some sort of compulsory syndrome of checking how my hair looks from all the possible reflecting surfaces I walk by. I really hate it, but for some reason dont seem to be able to stop that habit.